New Sniper Rule?

MikeyMontana

Hai, I'm Lethal Mikey. Not much of a famous clan legend or anything.

Anyway, from past experiences of warring, especially with bigger clans and teams (like Silent Ember), I've noticed snipers have a big impact on a war. On any type of war whether its a matched 10v10, full out, 50v50, or 50v10. And when a clan starts getting a big lead like if a war were to start 30v30 and starting going to 24v17 midwar, it would be hard to regain that deficit. Espicially if the rules of the war included a 5 man sniper cap.

What I'm trying to say is that a clan that is already in the lead does not need an overpowered sniper team.

So I'm introducing the Pile % sniper rule or whatever... I don't know what to call it yet lol.

Basically Its a rule that caps snipers and is in association with the opponent's pile.

For Example. If the rule was 10% sniper cap.

Starting is Clan A (30) vs Clan B (30)

10% of 30 is 3. So the sniper cap will be 3 for now.

Lets say Clan A is in the lead. at (Clan A) 30v20 (Clan B)

Clan A would be allowed to have 2 snipers on clan B. Cuz 10% of 20 is 2.

If it was Clan A (30) v Clan B (15)

Sniper cap would still be at 2. Until Clan B reached 10 people. Where 10% of 10 is 1.

So even though 1.5 is 10% of 15, Sniper cap would round up and stay at 2.

Pros:

- Fights are more intense and closer.

- It shows a little mercy to the losing clan.

- Gives a chance for the losing clan to catch up.

- It makes sense cuz if the original opts were 50v50 and snipe cap was 10 its not right to have 10 snipers out when the other clan only has 18 people left.

Cons:

- Hard to moderate.

Post feedback. Also answer the following questions if you can.

1.) Do you actually like this idea?

2.) Would you consider using it in one of your clan wars?

3.) What do you like most about this idea?

4.) What would you change, if anything?

5.) Anything else?

I'm not sure yet, it has pros, but also has cons.

Yes, I'd give it a try. Although I have my doubts of its success due to the fact that it requires an added degree of attention during the fight's progression.

I like the idea of closer and more intense fights, that's what warring is for, after all.

I would change the intervals/percentage of sniper's a clan is allowed.

5.) Anything else?

Overall, it's a wonderful idea. Just needs the kinks worked out of it.

This is just my personal interest and opinion, but...

Have you guys ever seen a sniper cap violation successfully proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? A war where mass sniping wasn't used as a last-ditch effort and was successful?

I think it's wishful thinking and silly to stress over, but that's just me.

hzvjpwS.gif

No.

No.

The fact that It'd almost never be used.

I'd make it capped and not use this system.

5.) Anything else?

who has time to do math in middle of a war, even if it's simple moderating it would be a mess. Snipers do work, they're there to make it hard to win and if you're asking for a % cap it's just a pain. If you dislike snipers "controlling" who wins do no snipers or a really low sniper cap.

Why limit strategy, if you're making people regroup or struggle you keep the pressure on them.

6590ew.jpg

This is just my personal interest and opinion, but...

Have you guys ever seen a sniper cap violation successfully proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? A war where mass sniping wasn't used as a last-ditch effort and was successful?

I think it's wishful thinking and silly to stress over, but that's just me.

No, doubt there ever will be, and all the added rules only make the chances of it increase.

no

no

nothing

not using it

5.) Anything else?

no

Personally, I think it would be fun to have no sniper wars. Since there was a time without them it would be interesting to see who could win based on tanking/binds alone rather than a large snipe unit.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

well even thought you like it..it will be pretty hard to apply it

no =/ dont want to have a headache and later ppl claimin we had 20%

uhm..makes things more intersting

idk lol

5.) Anything else?

nope,i think most ppl hate the fact the other team might get their math teacher and calculate and see if they cheated or not l0l

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

I'm not going to use the questions.

In all honesty, sniping is one of the big part of wars. Its up there in importance with Tanking and Binding. If you don't snipe well, you can't control their binders, you can't tank and you are more likely to lose. Having a large enough sniper unit to do damage and not to weaken the main pile is quiet a fine balance, clans that master it should have the right to exploit its effectiveness. Your idea would be hard to implement, control and would strip a clan who is good at sniping of this asset.

smallerawesomesig.png

EU Leader | | CE Retired Admin | | TKO Retired Member | | SE Retired Member

Not really

Doubt it

To be very honest, not much

Nothing really

5.) Anything else?

Well I assume your intention is to help out the losing clan a bit but your idea really does nothing. If the clan is really losing that badly(24vs17 as you have stated), then even if no sniper is allowed it will not make a difference in this war. Also, why would you want to help the losing clan? Just because they are losing? I do not think the rules should be biased against one side or the other.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Extremely hard to moderate. This con outweighs the pros, in my opinion.

Just set a fair starting sniper cap if you have to. And if you don't get a cap then your asking for a mass snipe L.

This. Nice idea though.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

good effort but i could see someone saying they did some mental math wrong and then nobody wins. lol. its kinda hard also to do math %s really quick in the adrenaline pumped atmosphere of a war. Also people could abuse it. so it doesnt work in that sense.

however your trying to come up with innovative ideas for clan wars and thats good because i think there can always be new ideas that no ones came up with yet.

keep trying. :thumbup:

corruptknights.png

CK Forums | CK Memberlist | #Cknights 105+

No, doubt there ever will be, and all the added rules only make the chances of it increase.

I disagree. Instead, I think you'll more likely see clans trying to claim a win because of a supposed sniper cap. And who is that helping but people who don't deserve wins?

It's a bad move and that's why the 'community' as a collective whole doesn't do it often/successfully.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well I assume your intention is to help out the losing clan a bit but your idea really does nothing. If the clan is really losing that badly(24vs17 as you have stated), then even if no sniper is allowed it will not make a difference in this war. Also, why would you want to help the losing clan? Just because they are losing? I do not think the rules should be biased against one side or the other.

this pretty much

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

As a former sniper and fellow Lth member, I must say the following:

1.) Do you actually like this idea?It's a nice idea, but I don't really agree with it

2.) Would you consider using it in one of your clan wars?no

3.) What do you like most about this idea?I like the balance factor, but I will explain more below.

4.) What would you change, if anything?read below

5.) Anything else?Look down...

This idea is a nice one because snipers can turn a war around and with horribly miss-matched wars, it would better even the playing field. However, snipers can largly influence a clan's warring, but the war itself is not decided on the snipers them selves. First off, although the % proposal is interesting, I would only see it be used in significant effect durring horribly miss-matched full out wars, and those can not only be quite rare, but the much larger clan can still overpower the smaller, sniperless or not. Second, lets say the larger clan(described in my above scenario)have lvl 90s and the smaller clan has lvl 120s(for example:Lethality vs. Ancient Legion), this would hinder the larger clan even though the larger one already has the level hinderance, and could leave the larger, though indeed larger, open to a mass slaughtering. Third and so far last I can think of, the current sniper rules are them selves broken on a regular basis. I have seen too many mass snipes because a clan decided to get ahead the crooked way and add more snipers. If this rule is put into effect, it will magnefy the confusion greatly thus causing chaos not only durring, but also before the war, with both sides arguing over their math(odd numbers=fractions, round up or down? this alone can cause a war in and of itself). In conclusion, Mikey, I find your proposal a nice and fresh new idea, but also largly un-needed and ineffective. However, I encourage you to think of more ideas to propose because after all, the world's greatest minds were once thought of as fools.

No.

No.

I dont like it.

Number of snipers should not be determined by 10% of what you pull.

5.) Anything else?

If not determined before the fight, any clan should be allowed to use as many snipers as they want.

rangeunitsigheraldaryvs.png

Heraldary.png

Have a 2 sniper cap, no doubts then.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"