Falling into lots of free time...

potatohead

I have tonsillitis (unimportant). What IS important, however, is that I'm getting them taken out, and consequently, missing 2 weeks of school. To keep my mind off of my probably painful throat, I'll be playing Runescape.

You're probably wondering what the question is. Here goes:

What would be a good set of goals to accomplish in two weeks? I'm willing to dedicate significant portions of my time to Runescape, but I'm not really a goal-oriented person. I'm curious what the Tip.It community thinks I can get done.

Now I'll be gone for a few hours (probably several), and I hope to have a good amount of ideas to read over when I get back. :thumbsup:

(click on my name at the side for stats)

Well. Looking at your stats one that popped out at me was 99 wc. Less than 3M xp to go there :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Well. Looking at your stats one that popped out at me was 99 wc. Less than 3M xp to go there :)

I like your train of thought! (and your response time)

But, you gave me an addition to my first post: What are good methods for achieving proposed goals?

Thanks in advance. (and I REALLY gotta go now) :-D

Gogogo :-P

Well, you'll have 3 main routes open. afk, xp/hour or gain for cash or other skills. If you want low maintenance skilling I think ivy is considered the best. Make sure you check every now and then to pick up any nests falling from it. The best xp I hear is sawmill. I like it. Fast xp and not as repetitive as other methods. The third route would be to chop maple/yew/magic either for cash or your own fletching xp. Or you could even chop oaks near CW to use to train construction (tho that would be seriously slow wc xp).

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

If you decide to go for 99 WC (and with 2 weeks time, and "only" 3 mil exp to go) get your butt to: Ivy, best exp, AFKing, or: sawmill, more clicking, better xp then ivy some say.

As I had to look up your stats, because I'm on a lacky computer, I see that there is 1 skill, that jumps out. Herblore. Lowest skill.

Be sure to set MTK on 10 herbs, 5 fish. Sell the herbs you don't use, and try to level herblore. In the end, you can get the upper hand in combat.

Be sure to do slayer. You make money, ánd, when you put much time in RS, you don't want to just click and wait.

And a higher slayer level means some nice creatures will pass.

Last thing: if you can find a good team, try some monster hunting. It's a challenge, and fun.

Be sure to get some players with 90+ melee stats in a team and kill in the evening, or when you're all online.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

lol...back in 2007 I was diagnosed with a parasite that was eating through the tissue in my lower intestine, had to take 6 months off school/work to recoup/recover...used that time to do quests and haven't really regretted it since...lol

div>

Well, so far we've got:

- Woodcutting to 99.

- Herblore to the point that it's no longer my lowest skill (assumed)

- Monster hunting for "fun". (which it's not)

- Slayer for... fun? :blink:

- Questing.

All but the first and last are my least favorite things to do, believe it or not. (with crafting in a close fourth. ugh.)

Back to the point (kind of), is ivy faster than teaks? I stopped wcing almost a year ago, so I really didn't pay attention to the updates for it.

Side note: I'm pretty good with being able to pay very small amounts of attention to something while still actually playing. I generally watch movies with the sound (on RS) up to know when anything significant happens.

You can try and get to 70 summoning, its pretty useful for alot of combat related activities..

How would you recommend I achieve that?

Well it depends on how you want to go about getting your charms, since you have a slayer goal you might want to collect charms through that? Your other options are bursting ( costly, but excellent way to get quick charms) and waterfiends ( get 68 for a bunyip before you do this) or dust devils.

you have a pretty substantial list of incomplete quests, I would work on those

Slayer/combat is always a good thing to train for money (as opposed to just for fun)

boss hunting is a great money maker these days, and with new high lvl dungeons and bosses coming out, I don't see that changing.

Skills like woodcutting, fishing, mining, runecrafting

I personally would consider pushing these off since they're predominantly money makers. I can't see high level updates coming out for them that drastically change their roles or make them affect other skills either

there are better ways of making money than those 4 skills these days anyways (ie slayer/combat)

Naaxi.png

Teaks are indeed faster than ivy, people are just lazy :) But if you're not good with dropping/mousekeys just do ivy.

That's what I've been starting to think. I've been chopping Ivy for the past few hours, and it just doesn't seem as fast. (although I don't have solid evidence)

I have another question. (which is why I love the tip.it community: infinite answers)

Either way, is there any particular set up for mousekeys to work on Windows 7? (or can someone point me in the direction of a guide?) Ever since I got my new computer, I can't get my mousekeys working right.

Wakka has an old, but solid guide.

I'm pretty sure this was done in Vista though, but the settings and interfaces shouldn't have changed much in the version switch.

Ah, yes. I've read Wakka's guide a few more times than I'd like to admit. :lol:

I still can't get mousekeys to work properly on Windows 7. It will skip random amounts, instead of skipping consistently.