Slayer - combat help needed

purekilljoy

Hey to all my fellow tip.it-ers!

I have quite a few questions about slaying and combat. I just re-started playing like 2 weeks ago and I hadnt played for 2-3 years so bare with me, some of the stuff will be stupid easy for you guys, but Ive pretty much read through all the tip.it guides in the archive of wisdom and help section and still dont have some answers that I need. So Id be real thrilled if someone could help me out here.

OK, thats where I am at now:

93 attack

91 def

85 strenght

95 ranged

94 hp

83 slayer (30k to 84)

My current goal is to get to 85 slayer, then Im not going to camp at abyss, but Im planning on getting to 93, or at least until my ranged and HP is 99. (because I find slayer the most fun thing, I cant be bothered with other stuff anymore :P)

For slaying I am currently using Duradel, powering through as many tasks as I can with a cannon. (my personal favorites are black demons and hellhounds amazing xp) For a lot of tasks I also use guthans, dharoks, ranged tasks I go with addy or ruby bolts no lower (cant craft broads yet, not enough points).

My first and biggest question is that I would like to go to Kuradal, because I am 112 combat and he assigns more monsters, but I just cant. I read that you need to do barb fire making to get in the whirlpool, but you can only get in the whirlpool if you have a task assigned by Kuradal. SO how on earth do I get to Kuradal do I need to do the fairy ring quest? (PS! I am by no means a questing fan, I absolutely loathe it)

Second question is if I would need to get a rune defender and is the added attack bonus really worth the lost def bonus? I tried getting it yesterday, wasted like 600 tokens and only got up until steel. How many tokens do you reckon Id need to get rune defender and what would be the best mini game to use for that? I used killing my own rune armor which got me 40 tokens each time, but it was still tedious.

Third question is for higher slayers. I want to combine fast xp with a decent amount of money enough to pay for the cannonballs would be perfect. (The cannonballs dont come cheap as you know :D) So which tasks should I block? At the moment I have blocked aquanites, I still do steels, irons, skeletals, although I dont particularly enjoy them.

Fourth question is about summoning. My current lvl 1 skills are farming, hunting, summoning, construction. The only one that I would care to actually go on with is summoning and if I do I want to go for atleast 90+ but I dont want to waste any charms and I read that the best way to do that is just use gold charms until 68, but to get from 1 to 68 is like 12,5k gold charms. What would be the minimum lvl that I would need to aim for, that would substantially benefit to my slaying? And to maximize efficiency which charms should I use?

The last question is about quests. Which quests, minigames etc. should I DEFINITELY have to have done if I want to level slayer faster and why? I just did smoking kills at slayer lvl 82 or sth and just now I did the one to get an accumulator. :D

I think these are all my questions for now. If I have any more I will add them here, cause you guys now your stuff.

Also, if anyone has any other ninja-advice or anything theyd need help with me, you can add me on RS, my username is purekilljoy. I dont play a lot but if I can, I will always be glad to help someone out. :)

(PS! A fun fact: on my way to almost lvl 84 slayer I have done almost all of the iron, steel, skeletals, black dragons, etc. tasks and so far I havent gotten a single dragon drop! In fact from lvl 1 to where I am now, I have never had a rare drop from a NPC. The closest thing to a rare I had from a NPC was 2 pairs of dragon boots in a spiritual mage task :D)

Purekilljoy.png

1. You don't need to be able to craft Broad-Tipped Bolts to use them which is the reason so many people use them. If you're going to use any bolts to range make sure you do use Broads or mithril ones and use the money you will save on prayer and range pots (especially for that 15% prayer)

2. Yes you do need to do the barbarian firemaking. Talk to Otto in a house on Baxtorian falls, and NO you don't need a task from Kura to get in there otherwise that'd just be silly. (Also getting the fairy rings makes things a hell of alot EASIER ;p and you only need to start the quest to get them :) )

3. After I got 99 defence I started using my rune defender again instead of my DFS and I was shocked at how good it was. It is definitely worth getting one of them. And as for tokens, I don't know. It took me about 1.2K of them to get all the defenders then 2 rune ones.

4. Definitely get summoning to 68. No matter what. Bunyip is so worth it. As for charm guides etc, I think the people on here know their stuff, but it can be slow and extremely expensive which is why I use this now: Summoning It makes it alot simpler. Simply whack in your charms and off you go ^^

5. Axe Man Jack covers the question about quests perfectly in his guide in the AoW. So I'd say go and look at that. However it's choice for some of them. I personally haven't done some so I don't get the monsters, like Scarabites or Warped Terrorbirds. However a recent one to defo try to do is Nomads Requiem. The cape is Epic!

Hoped I helped a bit :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Thanks a lot for the charms bit! That's awesome, according to that i have at the moment charms until lvl 62, so by the time i hit 85 slayer i'll go ahead and get that 68 summoning as well.

IDK what's up with kuradal then, cause i did the bloody firemaking, but i can't get in there. do i need to wear any specific equipment then? Every single time i get washe ashore :D

Also, an additional question:

Who the [bleep] are these new NPC-s in the wildy, like the Death Knight? I got my [wagon] whooped by a 123 lvl death knight while i was solving a clue. I need to get a new chart. Can anyone give me a short overview on these guys and if possible, how do i avoid them?

Purekilljoy.png

Who the [bleep] are these new NPC-s in the wildy, like the Death Knight? I got my [wagon] whooped by a 123 lvl death knight while i was solving a clue. I need to get a new chart. Can anyone give me a short overview on these guys and if possible, how do i avoid them?

You mean revenants.

They can be easily avoided by praying range (so they don't freeze you) and running away. They are a pain to kill when you are not geared up to do so, because they have multple attack styles. They are Jagex' replacement for PKers in the "new" wilderness, and should "resemble" the old PKers to add some danger to the wilderness.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

Have you gone through everything Otto has wanted you to do up to the point of you needing to kill a mithril dragon in the ancient cavern? You need him to tell you to do that and get chewed bones to be able to go through the whirlpool.

And Transcript is right. Range pray and run. Warriormonkx wrote an epic guide on how to outsmart these dumb NPC's and kill them. ALWAYS wear black dhide when doing a clue :P It helps majorly with sara wizards, zammy mages, and revs. Always have food and anti-poison too. :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

Try talking to the barbarian guy who does the training. Also, I know I used the wrong kind of log or wrong kind of bow multiple times while trying to get to Kuradel.. make sure you're using specifically what he tells you too. The game should tell you once you've finished the training.

Blakdragon39.png

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

So all in all I will have to do the whole barbarian training not just the firemaking part as I previously understood and see where I'm at then. Probably gonna work on that as soon as I get my slayer lvl 84.

For the clues i always wear my dhide, and i've encountered these guys be4, I don't even know what happened this time. Just kept on hitting me with 20's and stuff. And the [bleep] froze me like 3 times :D.

Any suggestions on which tasks to block and still maintain a healthy cash pile?

Purekilljoy.png

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

So all in all I will have to do the whole barbarian training not just the firemaking part as I previously understood and see where I'm at then. Probably gonna work on that as soon as I get my slayer lvl 84.

For the clues i always wear my dhide, and i've encountered these guys be4, I don't even know what happened this time. Just kept on hitting me with 20's and stuff. And the [bleep] froze me like 3 times :D.

Any suggestions on which tasks to block and still maintain a healthy cash pile?

Well the knights are particularly dangerous tbf, so don't worry. You wont be the first or the last to die from revs.

Depends what you want from your tasks. There's a thread in this forum about blocking tasks that someone dragged up from 2 years ago just to post in so take a look at that to see what some people do.

However no task is really a blockable one as such, it's all just personal opinion. eg. I blocked black demons because even though I love them I can't powerslay them effectively. I still have my other 3 slots free though as there are no tasks I hate. I cancel some on how I feel like Irons, Steels, Blues, Kalphites, WF's etc, but never much. So do what you like, block what you hate.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Well the knights are particularly dangerous tbf, so don't worry. You wont be the first or the last to die from revs.

Depends what you want from your tasks. There's a thread in this forum about blocking tasks that someone dragged up from 2 years ago just to post in so take a look at that to see what some people do.

However no task is really a blockable one as such, it's all just personal opinion. eg. I blocked black demons because even though I love them I can't powerslay them effectively. I still have my other 3 slots free though as there are no tasks I hate. I cancel some on how I feel like Irons, Steels, Blues, Kalphites, WF's etc, but never much. So do what you like, block what you hate.

That's sound advice. So I'll just keep on doing what I am doing now. No secret ninja tips for achiving slayer 93 in a week. :)

Purekilljoy.png

That's sound advice. So I'll just keep on doing what I am doing now. No secret ninja tips for achiving slayer 93 in a week. :)

Haha no, no secret ninja tips :P Trust me, If there were any I'd have used them by now. The only real tip is that if you have the cash spare/wish to lose a bit of profit would be to piety every task you think you can and cannon others. Gets some nice ranged exp and slayer exp with cannoning. And pietying with a sup attack and strength makes things go ALOT faster. Don't forget to spend penguins on slayer if you want to, a free 36K at our level isn't too bad and then at 84 we get about 2-400 exp extra I think.

But yeah, Cash spare = indulge. Also if you have a task like aberrant spectres then you'll see that slayer becomes a self sufficient skill. I'm still living off the pots I made from the last tasks loot (and I now have another 188 of them to cannon ;p), so even though I spent about 400K in cballs on them they saved me about 500K in pots ;p It all makes it a very cheap economical skill :)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Don't forget to spend penguins on slayer if you want to, a free 36K at our level isn't too bad and then at 84 we get about 2-400 exp extra I think.

Haven't played for 3 years... what's that penguin deal? :D

And yeah, the reason i love slayer is that it is self sufficient with potentially huge rewards.

Purekilljoy.png

Don't forget to spend penguins on slayer if you want to, a free 36K at our level isn't too bad and then at 84 we get about 2-400 exp extra I think.

Haven't played for 3 years... what's that penguin deal? :D

And yeah, the reason i love slayer is that it is self sufficient with potentially huge rewards.

Well if you talk to Larry in Ardy he'll tell you about his irrational fear of penguins....... or is it? :o

Then with that you'll have the chance to do 2 quests (you probably have the stats for them, forgotten the first one but the 2nd is Hunting for Red Raktuber or something) which'll then give you access to 2 points on some pengs with a max of 15 points, then then the 2nd one will let you spy a polar bear for an extra point.

Then the maths - once you spied the pengs (threads can be found on the RSOF by Canada Girl which give the locations of them all) you can head to chuck/larry and cash them in. It's 25 X *points* (usually 16 unless I cba) = 400 (or less depends how many you spot) X *level of thing* (Slayer for me;I'll use 84 as that's when I'll cash in my pengs) = 33,600exp

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png