Firemaking.

potatohead

1260 logs per hour if you constantly FM at FOG. That's traditional method with just logs - tinderbox - logs - .... Fastest method though is at grand exchange with VERY intensive clicks. It's a few more logs per hour (I thought 1350 max?) but it takes WAAAAAY more attention (an frustration cause every misclick messes you up a lot) but if you really have that attention, I suggest you search youtube for a guide.

1260 logs per hour if you constantly FM at FOG. That's traditional method with just logs - tinderbox - logs - .... Fastest method though is at grand exchange with VERY intensive clicks. It's a few more logs per hour (I thought 1350 max?) but it takes WAAAAAY more attention (an frustration cause every misclick messes you up a lot) but if you really have that attention, I suggest you search youtube for a guide.

1260 should be sufficient.

Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

If you use a specific method at either the Grand Exchange or Oo'glog, you can end up right at the bank, without losing any time, which means you can get up to 1400 logs per hour, roughly. But yes, 1260 is a good number for a traditional line of fires.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

there was one method that me and my friends used to use to get around 1600-1700 logs burned per hour...involved using the varr west bank, withdrawing 26logs/varr teletab/tinderbox, teleing to the centre of varrock, burning the logs west to the bank, then repeating...was pretty efficient/saved a ton of running

div>

tip: have 2-3 tinderboxes in your inventory.

Why is that?

Less distance to move the mouse/mouse keys between clicks from the logs to the tinderbox and vice-versa.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

there was one method that me and my friends used to use to get around 1600-1700 logs burned per hour...involved using the varr west bank, withdrawing 26logs/varr teletab/tinderbox, teleing to the centre of varrock, burning the logs west to the bank, then repeating...was pretty efficient/saved a ton of running

I think I love this idea.

it's better to use the eastern lighting method then teleporting in varrock, because if you east light at the GE, you literally are starting, and ending your line 1 space away from the booth.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

it's better to use the eastern lighting method then teleporting in varrock, because if you east light at the GE, you literally are starting, and ending your line 1 space away from the booth.

Eastern lighting method? :huh:

you have 26 logs, and two tinderboxes

start one step away from the booth on the east side of the ge.

Light a fire, and imediately after you light, run to the space east of your fire, and light another. If you're fast enough, you won't loose any time lighting. Do this for 13 logs, you should reach the GE steps. Now just walk one space north or south, and light the remaining 13 logs the normal way.

You should now be right at the GE booth, so just bank, and repeat on two other lines. There's four lines of 13 you can use, so unless someone else is lighting fires or planting flowers on the spot, you shouldn't need to wait to light your fires.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Don't believe that. My friend is maxed out and knows all fastest ways of leveling (which he's doing constantly) and he uses the grand exchange method with 1.3k+ logs per hour. + in the teleport method you bring 3 less logs and you can't end near a banker (bankers are at least 5-10 steps away from the path outside the bank) which practically means it can't be any faster than the grand exchange method already disposed in this thread.

Don't believe that. My friend is maxed out and knows all fastest ways of leveling (which he's doing constantly) and he uses the grand exchange method with 1.3k+ logs per hour. + in the teleport method you bring 3 less logs and you can't end near a banker (bankers are at least 5-10 steps away from the path outside the bank) which practically means it can't be any faster than the grand exchange method already disposed in this thread.

I pretty much figured that out on my own. [common sense ftw]

Thanks all for the replies, though. I plan on getting 99 wc first, so I'm not really in danger of wasting time with a poor method. I just wanted to run a few calculations first, and I needed a rough estimate. :grin: