Money Making

L0rdAki

I'm the poorest 106 around, and have no idea how to make cash, especially with my pathetically low melee levels.

I'm fishing monks atm, but the 100k/hr is really grating on my nerves. Especially when you walk around and see 100's with full D and gs.

Help?

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I'm the poorest 106 around, and have no idea how to make cash, especially with my pathetically low melee levels.

I'm fishing monks atm, but the 100k/hr is really grating on my nerves. Especially when you walk around and see 100's with full D and gs.

Help?

easyest and a bit more fun way - slay monsters who drop lvl 3 clues. I think jellies dropped them real ofte. There was a topic about that on here aswell. Solve the clues - in 3-5 clues you'll make atleast a couple of millions to start you off.

Purekilljoy.png

I have 11m cash at the moment.

I've got a few million to start me off, but not enough to be considered *poor*. I'm in the * extremely poor* group. Lol.

1) Herb runs (see this guide: http://forum.tip.it/topic/242787-mother-gaia-an-in-depth-manual-to-farming/)

2) Do as much of the Varrock Achievement Diary as you can and then buy battlestaves daily

3) Buy unfinished broad bolts from slayer masters

http://www.runescoop.com/html/rs_TheRuneScoopDynamicMoneymakingGuideforRuneScape.htm

Amazing moneymaking guide -- do whatever in there strikes you as a good idea at the time. But seriously, the three things listed first can make a ton of money daily -- probably over a million per day, depending on how many herb runs you can get in a day. They also usually take less than an hour of time actively playing.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Low melee stats with a need for cash?

I recomened training slayer.

It isn't nesisarily fast money, but it does add up A LOT over time. It's also a great way to train your Combat stats and collect charms for summoning, and is more fun then camping at one monsters for 10 hours.

Another good money making skill is farming, just spend a few minutes planting herbs and other crops, then just check back later to harvest and earn your profits.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I already do herb runs, although i'm saving up the herbs to use as EXP when i feel like splurging (iknorite)

Slayer...I've tried it before. Made a tiny bit after 10ish tasks.

Would someone reccomend a good setup and which pots to use? (IE: Is super defence really worth it?)

I am the most poorest 101 ever. I have less than a million. And the largest sum I had was 2m. But I by battlestaffs and get the 150 pure essence each day. I get about 60k from battlestaffs and now I have well over 6k of essence. Do this every day for starters, make herb runs, since seeds costs much less than herbs and other money making methods.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Yeah, i need to get into the routine of doing all those daily things. If someone could give me a list of things i'd appreciate it...

I'll rephrase my previous question. Should i buy a Guthan's set to heal with? I'd use the skirt and plate as melee armour in the meantime.

I just brought a black mask and a whip.

I already do herb runs, although i'm saving up the herbs to use as EXP when i feel like splurging (iknorite)

Slayer...I've tried it before. Made a tiny bit after 10ish tasks.

Would someone reccomend a good setup and which pots to use? (IE: Is super defence really worth it?)

With herbs, it's better to sell them and make other potions that are more efficient. Now onto the next point.

Slayer is horrible when it comes to instant gratification. It's something that don't really pay off unless you're willing to put a lot of time into it, so I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for. You'll need a relatively large investment to be able to slay at a high rate, and there are times where you will lose money in the short term, but overall it is a money making skill. For example, you could get a dagannoth task followed by a black demon task, both of which are best done with a cannon, and lose a large amount of money between those two tasks, but then get a blue dragon task, which will probably pay for all the cannonballs you just used on those tasks. It requires patience and a bit of luck. Now, if you want a setup...

Slayer Helm/Black Mask -- a must. If you cannot get this, do not slay. The black mask alone will work fine until you get enough points for the helm.

Fire Cape/Soul Wars Cape -- the only two that I ever use on melee tasks, though really, just about any cape will do.

Torag's Platebody -- good defence, cheap, repairs aren't that expensive

Verac's Skirt -- good defence, prayer bonus, no real reason to not use this

Dragon Boots, Barrows Gloves -- best overall gloves and best melee boots

Abyssal Whip -- see the note next to slayer helm

Rune Defender -- see note next to slayer helm

Berserker Ring -- +4 strength is a great help, but warrior ring is a decent choice if you can't afford a berserker

Amulet of Fury -- I don't know what the market for this is like, so get this if you can, if not just use a glory

That will work on 90% of tasks. Other things you'd want:

Karil's Top and Skirt -- for when you need magic defence

Cannon and cannonballs -- for powering through some tasks. It's expensive, but a huge boost in speed

Zamorakian Spear -- for Waterfiend tasks

Guthan's is not recommended -- since you have 68 summoning, you won't need Guthan's -- bunyip will work much better.

If you have more questions, ask -- I'll be able to answer in the morning, or maybe someone else can answer for me in the meantime.

EDIT: http://forum.tip.it/topic/254632-daily-activities/ -- guide to daily activities -- not all of them are necessary and some of them aren't really worth the time.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Yeah, i need to get into the routine of doing all those daily things. If someone could give me a list of things i'd appreciate it...

I'll rephrase my previous question. Should i buy a Guthan's set to heal with? I'd use the skirt and plate as melee armour in the meantime.

I just brought a black mask and a whip.

Battlestaves at varrock

Pure essence at ardougne

Flax at seers village

Bork in chaos tunnels. (Drops charms and might give a clue.)

Dont remember more.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

I am willing to invest *some* time into making some cash. After all, I don't have the levels to go GWD and get instant B2B hilts.

I was originally slaying, but decided against it when i recieved my upteenth Kalphite tasks. I'll just suck it up and stick with it this time. If it does pay off, and it trains melee, and it's an alternative to Green Dragons, i'm all for it.

I have no experience with a cannon. I'm extremely wary of using them, so if someone could provide a list of what tasks are good to cannon and how to use a cannon effectively, props to you.

I was thinking of a setup similar to what you had there, but with guthan's plate and torag's legs (I use Prosyl for Pray tasks.) Cheaper and slightly more range defence.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding guthans. *buys 100 bunyips*

I am willing to invest *some* time into making some cash. After all, I don't have the levels to go GWD and get instant B2B hilts.

I was originally slaying, but decided against it when i recieved my upteenth Kalphite tasks. I'll just suck it up and stick with it this time. If it does pay off, and it trains melee, and it's an alternative to Green Dragons, i'm all for it.

I have no experience with a cannon. I'm extremely wary of using them, so if someone could provide a list of what tasks are good to cannon and how to use a cannon effectively, props to you.

I was thinking of a setup similar to what you had there, but with guthan's plate and torag's legs (I use Prosyl for Pray tasks.) Cheaper and slightly more range defence.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding guthans. *buys 100 bunyips*

You do need to suck it up and stick with it -- the profit isn't that great until higher levels, when you have 1) access to better monsters and 2) higher stats that allow you to power through tasks faster.

As for tasks to cannon, looking at Duradel's list, I see Aberrant Spectres, Bloodveld (mutated bloodvelds after Legacy of Seergaze), Black Demons, Dagannoths, Fire Giants (use cannon and melee in Waterfall), Hellhounds in Taverly, Kalphites, Scabarites, and Suqahs. You don't need to use cannon on all of those, but it speeds up slaying so much that it's hard to argue against using it.

Also, if you're not, you really need to use super sets (attack, strength, and use defence on most tasks -- some don't hit hard enough to justify it, though) -- the boost to speed is worth it. Those potions are cheap.

MischlingsSH.png