~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

Thagern

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this a few months ago, it's really improved loads!!! I hope to see a petition on official forums or something. Something to catch Jagex's eye anyway. Awesome work dude, I can't think of any improvements...must be good! Keep it up!

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

my computer is messed up so this may be a triple post. I really like your idea about the new bank. Especially the idea of linking up to 10 items together. Maybe you could have up to i dunno, 10-20 sets of up to ten items in you bank. They could be marked by a number (1-20) indicating which set it belongs to in the bottom left hand corner, similar to wer the lock icon is. I love your idea and i hope jagex accepts it!

untitled6kv7.gif

rs=magzarella

truely amazing but i do have one question and i know you will have to redo almost all of your pictures but isn't Ecto-tokens a form of currency?

Maybe i have overlooked your place for them. Oh and i have another question. In the currency screen, will there be like "0 x Gold peices or will there just be nothing there? And if it is the 0 x Gp thing will there be a slot for Tokkul, Trading Sticks and Ectotokens?

my computer is messed up so this may be a triple post. I really like your idea about the new bank. Especially the idea of linking up to 10 items together. Maybe you could have up to i dunno, 10-20 sets of up to ten items in you bank. They could be marked by a number (1-20) indicating which set it belongs to in the bottom left hand corner, similar to wer the lock icon is. I love your idea and i hope jagex accepts it!
That is a great idea i could not have said it better myself. I'm with you 1000% of the way

type this in your url or copy or watever, but u must see this... a better bank format!!!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=351049

Go for it man!!!

You could also add a counter for how much space you have left for the f2p's in the bank, a random event items bank space, a quest item bank space, and maybe even recovery questions for bank pins (just in case somebody does find out).

If you like/love this suggestion read through and go to the bottom of the post, pick out your favourite sig and post it in your signature!!

Ive been reading alot of threads on this forum about bank security, and hackers, it thought i would post my own 2 cents about making this bank more secure (i will do picutres later if it proves popular).

If players wish to make one of their slots a 'secure slot' they will be required to right click it and choose the option 'secure slot', they will then be given a key. This key can be given to ANY NPC in the game by using it with them, this NPC then becomes your key holder, and will always hold onto your key for you. Your slot is now secure, meaning that nobody, not even you can get into it without your key.

If you want to get into your secure slot, right click on a banker and choose the option 'retrieve key', all NPC's now have a new right click opeion 'take key' find the NPC you entrusted your key with, take it to a bank, and access your bank account. Just a little more security that players seem to want, no typing, and the clicking will be really random so key loggers won't be able to know who you have chosen. to retrieve your key, you must reset your key, which takes 3 days (or more i don't care :D ) Please give feedback, it is abit of work to get your key back, but us optional for players that think they are at risk.

The Idea:

firstpic1kl.png

DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you hate it when you enter the bank, looking for an item, and it takes your precious minuets to find it; you may even loose a sale because you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t find the Item or your money! Well, I have the solution. This new bank page format makes navigating through your bank a breeze, and keeping items where you left them even easier. The new bank page has many advantages over the old ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâlistÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ format; this includes:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ A new bank format, making navigation easy.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ 5 individual bank slots, each which can be renamed by you to whatever category you like.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ A lock option which allows you to keep your items in order.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ An on-screen area to withdraw items.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ A visible area allowing you to see your bank space left; which can also be altered.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ A ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâBIN slotÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ which makes room for new items in the bank, before they are sorted.

> A Coin slot, which allows for easy access and visual display of coins.

These options will make getting items quick and easy, and make looking for items almost unnecessary.

Major changes to the original bank page:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Left clicking on an item will no longer withdraw one of that item; it will select the item, which allows it to be locked/unlocked and withdrawn from the menu.

Other ideas:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Split item

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Bin slot

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ S-Lock

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Change format

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Charity hall

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Sort slot

How it works:

The idea is a very vast and well thought out idea on how to improve the current confusing banking system. Players have 10 slots, which they can rename, to store items in. The items can be moved from slot to slot, to accommodate the needs of the players, and how they wish to play the game. Slots can be renamed; items locked into place and many other possible ideas to vastly improve the current banking system.

The 2 sides are split into the re-arrange and a withdrawal side, each side has the options needed.

highlights6ey.png

In Depth:

The following paragraphs go in depth the options and how they will work to your advantage.

Re-nameable Bank Slots

As stated above, the new bank page gives players 10 bank slots in which to deposit their items.

pic33ow.png

These Bank slots can be renamed by ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâright clickingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ on the bank slot you wish to rename, and selecting the rename option.

pic44zx.png

In the chat window, you will be able to type in the new name you wish to call the slot (10-12 max characters).

pic55ua.png

The bank slot will now be called ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâfishingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢. Simple as that.

Lock & Unlock

One of the main features of this suggestion is the lock/unlock option, which allows items to be locked into place. This makes organizing the bank easier as the items will always remain in the same place, even if all the items have been withdrawn.

circles9mz.png

As the picture shows, the tuna has 0, but is still in its place, this means that when more tuna is deposited into the bank, it will go back to its original spot.

To lock and unlock an item, the item must first be selected, this is done by left clicking the item; it will be surrounded by a white outline, as it is when selected in the inventory. The item can then be locked or unlocked; this can also be done by right clicking the item and selecting the lock or unlock (depending if it is already locked or unlocked)

Currency Slot

The currency slot is an automatic slot for all 3 currencies in Runescape (Coins, Tokkul & Trading sticks). The currencies are set apart, and the amount can be visually be displayed. Withdrawing an amount is the same as any other item, and can be done by selecting the picture, and withdrawing from the on-screen withdrawal.

bankwithcoin3tu.png

Thanks to oneofthedragon for this idea

Onscreen Withdrawal

As left clicking now selects an item, I have added the 4 types of withdrawals to the main part of the page, (withdraw 1, withdraw 10, withdraw all and withdraw X). When an item is selected from the bank window, it will be outlined white (like when it is selected in your inventory). When the item is selected, the 4 withdraws will become bright orange, showing the item can be withdrawn. (Note- right-click withdrawal still works, but as the default 1, 10, 100, all and x)

pic72wl.png

The onscreen withdrawalÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s also be edited, so you can change it to best suite your needs.

pic89tb.png

pic98wo.png

Bank Space

At the bottom of the bank page, is an indicator showing how much bank space is remaining in the bank, when an item is deposited into the bank the amount will decrease by 1, and when an item is taken out of the bank (unless locked) the amount will increase by 1. F2P will have limited space.

Thanks to hunter360x for this idea.

Bin slot

The bin slot is a rather brilliant idea that was suggested by a player. It is a separate slot from the 10 slots which can be renamed, that all items go to when first deposited into the bank. The items can then be dragged from the BIN slot, into the other slots.

Other possible ideas

Link multiple items

I first saw this suggested on the official runescape forums, and just came back to me when redoing the bank page, basically this option allows you to, in a way, link the items you would like to withdraw at the same time.

When you select the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâselect multiple itemsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ tab, you will be able to choose up to 10 items in which to link.

pic105bo.png

You then left click on the items you wish to link together. This will come in handy when you wish to withdraw a costume set or armour set.

pic111ni.png

As you link the items, they will be surrounded by the colour which represents the group. You can de-select by right clicking and selecting ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâde-selectÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢.

To withdraw an item link click on the button on the withdraw side, and select the link you wish to withdraw, they will be seen in the chat screen.

This is only a maybe idea, I wish to have feedback on it before I expand it more.

Sort option

The sort option was suggested by players, and would allow you to sort a bank slot in alphabetical or numerical order. To get the menu, right click on the bank slot, and select the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâSortÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ option.

pic127eu.png

The menu then appears in the chat screen, where you can choose how the bank will be sorted.

pic137zn.png

Split item

The split item works on the basis, that multiple items in a bank (e.g money, feathers) can be split to be put into 2 bank slots. When the item is split, the 2 amounts you wanted will be split next to each other in the same slot; they can then be moved around, locked etc.

The idea was dumped due to lack of support, and that it properly wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t be used often and impractical (eg if you have 2 amounts of something, and deposit more of that item in, where does the newly deposited item go?)

pic145rq.png

Change format

The change format option was very popular (especially for free players), and allowed players to switch between the 2 formats (the current list, and the new format). It was dumped due to impracticality (The new bank does the same as the old, just much better).

Dumped ideas

Charity hall

The charity hall was regrettably one of my ideas (I think). Players could send unwanted items to a ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâcharity hallÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ for other players to receive at a later date. ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâPoorÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ players could receive an item once a day, at random. Was very unpopular, and dumped.

Set slot amount

The set slot amount was originally how I intended the slot amounts to be distributed. Players could choose how much space they would like in each slot, and then that amount was taken out of the total slots they had to use. A player (insert name here) suggested that instead of setting the amount, when an item went into the bank, the amount of space a player had open to them lessened by one.

S-Lock

S-Lock was a player suggested idea. It is a different type of lock which prevents the user from dragging the item to other slots, was dumped due to impracticality.

Progression of ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâNEW BANK PAGEÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢

The first edit of the idea (JPG format), Keeps to the point, only 8 slots, and just a lock/unlock feature.

pro16sh.png

After fine tuning it a bit, I came up with the current layout, the picture has a few of the old ideas (drop, S-Lock, bin) and the old text; the idea is taking shape (still JPG format).

pro24zr.png

The Charity Hall wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t a very good idea, and didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t last long.

pro32fz.png

Now from red crosses to pad locks, JPG to BMP, some strange font to Runescape font, we come to the best of this suggestion. This picture still has some old ideas, but is mostly modern, and keeps to the point.

pro46gx.png

The top picture is the most space saving, and allows space to have the BIN slot, and extra space for more withdrawal selections, which can be altered.

Q & A

Q- Why isn't there a bank space for Holiday and random event items?

A-All bank slots are renamable, meaning you can make your bank spaces have their own labels. S you can create your own tab for these items.

Q- If i lock an item, and want to move an item inbetween my items, will i have to unlock all the items, and move it in the space, then relock everything again?

A- No, the lock feature dosen't mean your items are locked into place where they are, it means if an item is withdrawn the item stays in the bank, but with a count of 0. If you wish to place items inbetween locked items, just drag it between as it is done now.

Q- Where do items go when i deposit them into my bank?

A- If an item isn't currently in the bank, it will be put into the BIN slot, when in the bin slot, the item will be able to be dragged into one of the 10 slots, ready for a quick sorting. If an item is in the bank, locked or unlocked, and the same item is deposited into the bank, it will go where the current item is in the bank.

Text sig-

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=351049][b]Join the petition for a new bank page layout![/b][/url]

Picture Sig-

bankad8.png

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=351049][img=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5886/bankad8.png][/url]

Picture Sig-

untitled6kv7.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=351049][img=http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/2937/untitled6kv7.gif][/url]

Picture Sig-

newbankofrsyq0.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=351049][img=http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6384/newbankofrsyq0.gif][/url]

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

[url=http://Forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=351049&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0][img=http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/269/sigbanksupportqd1.gif][/url]

If you have spare Space =)-

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

[img=http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9067/reportbuttanerfb6.gif]

I love it. Hey how did you back that pic?

I'm an officialer wizard miner in Rune Scape, so get away or I'm gonna confuse your chicken! (I like doing that, you know)