prayer

MARRSVISION

You're getting 18 because all other xp boosters don't work while the bonus xp multiplier is on.

The ectofuntus is an exception, though. It should get the normal 4x.

What activities will NOT earn me bonus XP?

* Quest XP rewards

* Items/locations that already give bonus XP (e.g. genie lamps, tomes of experience, goldsmithing gloves, Ectofuntus, POH altars, etc)

* XP rewards at the end of activities/distractions (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control, jade vine, skeletal horror, giving sq'irk juice to Osman, etc)

* Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, etc)

* Any XP earned through the Assist system

EDIT: Nvm just read the FAQ of the bonus xp weekend on forums apparently it is and jagex just failed to mention that in the developers blog.....

You're getting 18 because all other xp boosters don't work while the bonus xp multiplier is on.

* Quest XP rewards

* Items/locations that already give bonus XP (e.g. genie lamps, tomes of experience, goldsmithing gloves, Ectofuntus, POH altars, etc)

* XP rewards at the end of activities/distractions (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control, jade vine, skeletal horror, giving sq'irk juice to Osman, etc)

* Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, etc)

EDIT: Nvm just read the FAQ of the bonus xp weekend on forums apparently it is and jagex just failed to mention that in the developers blog.....

You just proved me right... right? It doesn't get bonus, it just gets the normal exp?

* Quest XP rewards

You just proved me right... right? It doesn't get bonus, it just gets the normal exp?

Ya. Jagex and there crazy telling us two different things.

They didnt though.

They gave a vague list in developers blog that implied ecto might not work, but didnt say yes or no either way.

People asked.

Qa confirmed it for definite

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They didnt though.

They gave a vague list in developers blog that implied ecto might not work, but didnt say yes or no either way.

People asked.

Ya the big all caps not means it might work :rolleyes:

They didnt though.

People asked.

They updated the developers blog AFTER the QA because the original list of nots was vague and implied tht some things such as ecto might not work but didnt explictly say they wouldn't

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They didnt though.

People asked.

They updated the developers blog AFTER the QA because the original list of nots was vague and implied tht some things such as ecto might not work but didnt explictly say they wouldn't

I'm not gonna get into a big argument over this but the developers blog specifically listed ecto alter as one of the things that would not work on the bonus xp weekend in the original developers blog.

They didnt though.

People asked.

I'm not gonna get into a big argument over this but the developers blog specifically listed ecto alter as one of the things that would not work on the bonus xp weekend in the original developers blog.

It did not. I read it within minutes of it being posted.

It said

"What activities will NOT earn me bonus XP?

* Quest XP rewards

* Items that give XP (e.g. genie lamps, tomes of experience)

* XP rewards at the end of minigames (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control)

* Anything which allows point exchange for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, jade vine)"

As can be see here:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/259244-save-the-date-26-feb-2010/

Where the original text was quoted in minutes of being posted.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They didnt though.

People asked.

It said

* Quest XP rewards

* XP rewards at the end of minigames (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control)

* Anything which allows point exchange for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, jade vine)"

As can be see here:

I'm talking about the original developers blog that they posted a few weeks ago not the forums post.

They didnt though.

People asked.

It said

* Quest XP rewards

As can be see here:

I'm talking about the original developers blog that they posted a few weeks ago not the forums post.

That is the original developers' blog.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

They didnt though.

People asked.

It said

* Quest XP rewards

As can be see here:

It's not the one on runescape homepage.

http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/view_post.ws?post_id=84&page=1

They didnt though.

People asked.

It said

* Quest XP rewards

As can be see here:

They EDITTED the one on the rs homepage AFTER the QA to CLARIFY where it was ambiguos.

That thread I linked to has a full quote of the ORIGINAL text.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They didnt though.

People asked.

It said

* Quest XP rewards

As can be see here:

They EDITTED the one on the rs homepage AFTER the QA to CLARIFY where it was ambiguos.

That thread I linked to has a full quote of the ORIGINAL text.

http://services.runescape.com/m=devblog/view_post.ws?post_id=84&page=1

I know what it says now.

What part of they EDITTED it do you not understand?

That forum psot has a direct quote of the text it said on the date it was originally published.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I know what it says now.

That forum psot has a direct quote of the text it said on the date it was originally published.

What the hell are you talking about..... You said it didn't say that the ecto didn't work and that they edited it to not say that. I just posted a link of the developers blog that says it doesn't work.

I know what it says now.

What the hell are you talking about..... You said it didn't say that the ecto didn't work and that they edited it to not say that. I just posted a link of the developers blog that says it doesn't work.

I said the developers blog ORIGINALLY as in when it first came out, the text of which is quoted EXACTLY in the forum thread i linked to, did not explicitly say it did not work.

They then did a QA and confirmed it did not work and AFTER this QA they UPDATED the developers blog to be less ambiguous.

Ergo the developers blog no longer is ambigous because they EDITTED it, but that does not alter the fact the ORIGINAL was.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I know what it says now.

I said the developers blog ORIGINALLY as in when it first came out, the text of which is quoted EXACTLY in the forum thread i linked to, did not explicitly say it did not work.

They then did a QA and confirmed it did not work and AFTER this QA they UPDATED the developers blog to be less ambiguous.

Ergo the developers blog no longer is ambigous because they EDITTED it, but that does not alter the fact the ORIGINAL was.

Then what was the point of your first post.... It doesn't matter if it's the original or edited, it says it doesn't work but the FAQ forum thread says it does. They said two different things.

I know what it says now.

Then what was the point of your first post.... It doesn't matter if it's the original or edited, it says it doesn't work but the FAQ forum thread says it does. They said two different things.

Erm no.

People read the original blog.

It didn't explicitly say Ecto did not work, but it implied it might not - hence people who read it early are not sure.

The FAQ then confirmed it does not work and the blog was updated.

They did not say 2 different things, the original blog was just ambiguous so people are unsure on some issues.

Which is exactly what I said in my first post.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I know what it says now.

Erm no.

It didn't explicitly say Ecto did not work, but it implied it might not - hence people who read it early are not sure.

They did not say 2 different things, the original blog was just ambiguous so people are unsure on some issues.

Omg... The developers blog that's on the website right now says it doesn't, the FAQ says it does not. Who cares if the original said nothing about it the one that's up right now says it doesn't.

I know what it says now.

Erm no.

Omg... The developers blog that's on the website right now says it doesn't, the FAQ says it does not. Who cares if the original said nothing about it the one that's up right now says it doesn't.

You said they two diff things.

They didn't.

I corrected you.

You went off on this big tangent.

Plv6Dz6.jpg