Sara brews+restores vs Rocktail + Pray pots

skylor12344

Ok so im currently at Nomad on the quest and i was wondering would it be better for me to switch out my Sara Brews and Restores for Rocktails and Pray pots? I keep messing up on using the brews because i either forget to restore afterwords or i dont click it fast enough and it doesnt heal me in time. Im using the setup from mckinseys(sp?) guide although i was thinking about trying my void range set instead and im using ruby(e) and diamond(e) bolts.

I'd stick with brews, yes you have to remember to restore after every few does, but the sheer amount of healing per slot makes up for it.

I did the fight on my first try following that guide and you need the neitz to allow the kyatt to mass spam the boss.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'd stick with brews, yes you have to remember to restore after every few does, but the sheer amount of healing per slot makes up for it.

I did the fight on my first try following that guide and you need the neitz to allow the kyatt to mass spam the boss.

You don't need the enchanted helm, but it is *VERY* helpful as it gives you an extra slot for a brew/prayer/whatever you wana put in it.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Brews. brewh heal 150hp/daose? right?

So a rocktail heals 230 with a possibility of +100

a 4 dose prew will heal you 600 LP while a rocktail will heal you a max of 330. Thats almost a 2:1 ratio on the brews behalf.

Stick with that ;)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

hmm ok i suppose ill stick with brews to restores but im running low on money because the pots are costing me so much and im a failed money maker lol which was also another reason i was wondering if i should switch up.

EDIT: About void, would it be better to use against nomad or should i stick with the setup that mckinsey has?

hmm ok i suppose ill stick with brews to restores but im running low on money because the pots are costing me so much and im a failed money maker lol which was also another reason i was wondering if i should switch up.

EDIT: About void, would it be better to use against nomad or should i stick with the setup that mckinsey has?

Its worth a try if you have supplies. As Nomad seems to smash through everyone's defense as if it were nothiong an offensive boost might work.

Plus remember the kyatt ;)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

ok so this would be my setup

Void range helm

Void Top

Void Legs

Snakeskin Boots

Void Gloves

Archer ring(needed or not?)

Accumulator(worth the risk of losing since i seem to do so much?)

Rune C'bow

Spirit Shield

Ruby(e) bolts

Invo:

BGS/Claws (either borrowed)

kyatt pouch

range potion

14 brews

9 restores

tort invo:

14 brews

14 brews in tortoise? Why not 18?

As for the accumulator, since you're using ranged, I'd just go with it, buying some extras in the (likely) case that you die.

As for the spec weapon, I would say that BGS knocks the claws out of the water. The drop in his defence is staggering (assuming that you get a good hit) and you need it. I managed nearly 300 damage (old system, so 3000 now) before I had to heal once thanks to a huge (57) BGS spec when the fight started. He melts like butter with a good spec, while the Claws just give you some extra damage at that moment -- only reason I think it'd be necessary is if you already have a good chance of getting to the final, berserker stage and just want to end that as soon as possible.

Void is a great help there since you have no chance of losing it when you die and your defence is pretty much negligible in the first place.

Now, here's the disclaimer: I killed Nomad with melee with my melee stats being 93 across the board, so I know next to nothing about ranging him (I used Diamond bolts before the -1 attack when he had me frozen, but that was it) and my method was more geared towards melee. I still think that I'm correct, I just don't have any experience with killing him using ranged.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

all my friends that hav done the quest tried both ways and failed more with rocktails and prayer pots

so i would just make sure to drink a super restore and just try to keep your hp up when the sara brews dont wait untill you get low hp and just pot evenever you can to keep your health up as high as possible

I am Pure I am True I am all Over You...

I am Fear in the Night I am Bringer of Light

Duality64

Level 134

We are the Nightmare, the Chosen Silence

We are the Night

I was failing using brews and restores so I switched to rock tails and prayer pots and managed to beat him. I was meeleeing him with SGS though, I had no rock tails left and about 40 hp left at the end. I had soul split though, so I suppose it could work. It will still be harder to manage that brews as you will have less healing.

hmm i tried 3 more times using brews and restores then just for the heck of it tried pray pots and rocktails and failed everytime...i've never left a quest unfinished before but im seriously debating it now because i dont know what to do...

hmm i tried 3 more times using brews and restores then just for the heck of it tried pray pots and rocktails and failed everytime...i've never left a quest unfinished before but im seriously debating it now because i dont know what to do...

Well from the sounds of Mck's guide, Kyatt can get him down to berserker alone...... Maybe, and this may be seen as suicidal; but maybe just go with kyatt summoning rip him to pieces then use the left over brews/rocktails to spam heal whilst he spazzes at you?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I did a lot better with d'hide than with void. I found that with void I kept missing too much.

For the ammo, I found it was easier to just stick with ruby(e) bolts and be ready to heal immediately in case I got a spec in while I was frozen.

As for the archer ring: why not? You can't lose it.

Finally, you need some scrolls to go with the kyatt pouch; otherwise, it's pretty pointless bringing it. I used about 30-40 during the fight and they helped a TON.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png