Favorite Indie Bands?

Peter

"Indie" often refers to an artist or band that is not part of the mainstream culture and/or making music outside its influence. Though the sound of these bands may differ greatly, the "Indie" definition comes from the do-it-yourself attitude and ability to work outside large corporations.

Even though it's such a broad spectrum, a lot of it has a familiar sound to it. A lot of it is alternative more than anything else, but just has a different sound to it, I can't quite explain it.

Some of my favorite Indie bands are Dispatch Pinback, Spoon, The Shins, Modest Mouse, The Beautiful Girls

peterstretchfn5.gif

Yeah i quite like arcade fire, they just released some tracks exclusive to itunes that they colaberated with Bowie on ^_^

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... d=91166589 (UK only link)

Would anyone say that Sigur Ros are indie? I am REALLY into them atm, saw them on Jules Holland at the weekend too and were great

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sigur Ros could probably go down as sme type of indie :P I like them also.

Others I like include The Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, The Shins (as others mentioned), Bloc Party, The Bravery, The Postal Service, Interpol, Kings of Leon & then some more well known types like The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo and The Killers :D

sig2ho7.jpg