Manip...

OhFour

thepath.gif

I made this, it's way to big for this forum, but the one with no animation will fit this forum and I will sell it for someone who wants it and if they want an animation or not. I don't think anyone will want to buy it, so I want C/C :)

The normal pic:

normalpic.png

Its not really a proper photo manipulation. I mean you brightened it up and changed the contrast a bit but thats all. Thats just basic touching up.

The text is also awful, not only it is a completely wrong font and colour for the style of image but its blocky too. Looks like it was added in paint.

Here's some advice...

. Lower the contrast a bit, its currently too bright and unrealistic. Even the most lush secret forrests arn't that bright.

. Change the colour of the river, because of the changes you have made it looks white and lifeless

. Change the text, for a shart any font you use make it anti-aliased (aka smoothed edges) and change to a more scripty font. Its a bit mystic so try something a bit curvy not grungy.

. Remove the animation and simply put the full quote in there. The animation looks cheexy and lowers the quality of the sig.

Thats a start... I only have PS5 LE at work so its not that great but try something like this maybe?

lushsig0xv.jpg

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Its just come to my attention that in the original picture its a road and not a river lol. Aw well. It looks better as a river anyway ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What you did was indeed pretty simple, so there's room for improvement.

If you want a more adjustment, you could indeed follow Merc's steps. However, if you're more for a fairytale-ish approach, you could always play with the Photo Filter, and Blur. Make a copy of your image, set the fill to 50%, and simply use the Blur tool and brush your entire image, you should have kind of an effect like this (with other options used as well):

pspiccy9ar.jpg

Keep on experimenting.

lushsig0xv.jpg

pspiccy9ar.jpg

I don't like the texts.. can't see oh four on number 2 and on number 2 "go, be free" makes the sig look like tis really low quality...

On number 1 I hate that pixel text there.. the e's are weird, and I like my name with around 50-70 opacity

I like the road on number 2s effect

Im probably going to add a sun into it... so the back has a reaosn to be bright..

Lets see...how long did this take...

Open Adobe, put some text in the bottom, hit ctrl+J(default)...and then blend it with linear dodge...okay, photo-"manip" is done. Then throw some animation in there for the hell of it.

You didn't manipulate anything. I give it a 1/10, only because you tried.

It looks decent...but it doesn't really deserve to be called a manip.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

myweponsg00d's kinda gracious. i can do stuff like that in about 5 minutes, tops. and it'd look nicer. 0.25/10

sry dude but your an idiot, you've offered him no advice, yet you claim to be better, if your better, help him become better, and your 0.25 rating is below the belt.

Moving on, i have to be honest, i actually really like the end product, just visually its easy on the eye, liek mentioned though, id add smoother fonts, im really not feeling the pixel font, doesnt go with it at all, try something that "flows" a bit more

also as mentioned, its not really a manip m8, more of a touch up imho

hope this helps you improve

-=[ Gaz ]=-

A dull spoon to nacho's and myweponsg00d's eyes might help improve your vision, or help the community so you can't see what you're looking at it. Regardless I'll be happy. Mywepon, I remember your sig, how long did the filter pile take? I could be just as ignorant and mentally inane as you, and say "What did that take you 3 minutes?" but no I won't, you yourself cannot correctly critique what you do not truly understand. He tried something different and what he was doing he thought to be a manipulation. OHFOUR, a proper manipulation so you know for future reference, is the taking of multiple stock photos, and combining them to make a whole new, better touched up photo. Manipulations are usually done with an emotional feeling behind them. Look on DeviantArt, they have a whole section for it. As for the sig, as Neo mentioned, it's a touch up. Although, it is very pleasing to the eye, just fix the text. And as back to Nacho and Mywepons, if you really want to be of help to him, don't say "Oh you get a .25/10, I can do better than you, but I won't prove that I can, nor will I even offer proper help to give you a chance to improve." Don't be ignorant, be of help.

myweponsg00d's kinda gracious. i can do stuff like that in about 5 minutes, tops. and it'd look nicer. 0.25/10

this was my brother, but flame me all you want seeing as no1 will believe me.

edited- sorry, lost my temper and posted something that i shouldn't have.

this was my brother, but flame me all you want seeing as no1 will believe me.

Scenario A: it was you, and now youve realised what a [developmentally delayed] you were, your making up some lame story to cover it up

Scenario B: your bro actually did it, in which case, inflict pain on your brother

:D

either way dude, all is cool, just keep it sound

-=[ Gaz ]=-

"Teenageloser, i really can't stand you. This forum would be a much better place on the interweb without you. You always have something cocky to say about everything, and you never really compliment anyone who isn't popular on this forum. I don't understand why your name is teenageloser, because in today's generation, loser is assumed means someone who doesn't strive to be popular at all. You are the exact opposite of that, an arrogant * who kisses as much wagon as he needs to in order to get people to like him. keep your comments about me to yourself."

Sound familiar? Thanks, curtosity of Neo.

I really don't care if you can't stand me, the feeling is totally mutual. Interweb, well considering the fact it's not the "interweb" it's the Internet. The interweb is something that doesn't exist, so I'm confused as to where that comment was going. And I compliment plenty of people, plenty of them. If something is done well, they'll get a compliment, if something isn't as good, I'll tell them it isn't and explain why. I don't throw out some half wagon ignornat post that says "1/10, because it sucks." And I don't kiss up to people, I don't see where I've done that. If you consider telling one of the better artists on this forum it's a great piece as usual because it really is, then I don't know what it is. And if you want me to keep my comments about you, to myself; then maybe you shouldn't be such a self diluated arse and keep yours about me, to yourself.