Literature

Mr_Adam

Yea, but as soon as it was moved, it just died.

Well I think a big reason is that we now have other threads that serve the same purpose that this thread did (i.e. What book are you currently reading?)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be.

I mean, I know that it really does belong here, but I do feel that there should just be a thread called "Books" in OT.

Just my preference, though.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Could be.

I mean, I know that it really does belong here, but I do feel that there should just be a thread called "Books" in OT.

But then what use would there be for a forum? ;) I know it would be nice to get the possible extra activity, but it's just not appropriate. It's like having a "Music" or "Video Games" thread in Off-Topic.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

• 2 weeks later...

Could be.

But then what use would there be for a forum? ;) I know it would be nice to get the possible extra activity, but it's just not appropriate. It's like having a "Music" or "Video Games" thread in Off-Topic.

Maybe if VL contains book discussion now it should be a sub-forum of OT. I know I, for one, completely forget about this thread because it isn't in an area I routinely browse.

Finished Huck Finn and Dracula, and now I'm finishing off Notes From Underground. After, I'll probably start my AP Music Theory book, maybe read a couple short stories by Poe, and at some point return to the ten other books I left sitting around on my bedside table half-read.

Could be.

Maybe if VL contains book discussion now it should be a sub-forum of OT. I know I, for one, completely forget about this thread because it isn't in an area I routinely browse.

Unfortunately I'm not really sure that's something we can do. We can't have everything be a subforum of Off-Topic to gain more traffic or to accomadate the OT regulars. I know it's frustrating, but I'm just not sure it's fair to some of the other forums. For instance, The Gallery is probably the forum closest to the Varrock Library. The Varrock Library is for posting your own creative writing and also for discussing literature. The Gallery is for posting your own artistic work and for discussing artwork. Like the Varrock Library, The Gallery has been losing much steam over the past few years. So if Varrock Library were made a subforum of OT, then why not The Gallery as well? How do we justify moving only one of the forums and make it fair for everyone? And if both were made subforums of OT (would probably never happen, but just saying) then OT has five subforums and that's just getting excessive.

Just something to think about.

Posted Image

Could be.

Unfortunately I'm not really sure that's something we can do. We can't have everything be a subforum of Off-Topic to gain more traffic or to accomadate the OT regulars. I know it's frustrating, but I'm just not sure it's fair to some of the other forums. For instance, The Gallery is probably the forum closest to the Varrock Library. The Varrock Library is for posting your own creative writing and also for discussing literature. The Gallery is for posting your own artistic work and for discussing artwork. Like the Varrock Library, The Gallery has been losing much steam over the past few years. So if Varrock Library were made a subforum of OT, then why not The Gallery as well? How do we justify moving only one of the forums and make it fair for everyone? And if both were made subforums of OT (would probably never happen, but just saying) then OT has five subforums and that's just getting excessive.

Just something to think about.

Well, the real problem is most of the forums in General Discussion don't get enough traffic. One solution could be to merge the two (VL and the Gallery) into one forum about art in general. It would definitely shake things up a bit, especially if music were included. I've never really seen the relation between movies/TV and music.

Well, the real problem is most of the forums in General Discussion don't get enough traffic. One solution could be to merge the two (VL and the Gallery) into one forum about art in general. It would definitely shake things up a bit, especially if music were included. I've never really seen the relation between movies/TV and music.

Movies/TV and music go together because they are forms of entertainment :) The main purpose of The Gallery has always been to share personal artwork and the main purpose of the Varrock Library has always been to share personal writings. Artistic and literary discussions have never been the emphasis. But with music, more people here seem to like to discuss music by popular artists than share their own works. So on this forum it's more often viewed as entertainment rather than an artistic medium. Hope that makes sense.

Anyway if you'd like to make a formal suggestion you may create a topic in Forum Updates & Suggestions :) Personally I don't think I'm in favour of merging or moving anything but if you're serious about the suggestion, creating a topic would get more opinions by both regular ussers and staff members.

Posted Image