New Comp - Internet connection won't work

mujammil

Google is you're friend.

Top result and seemingly good workaround:

http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-7/error-651-with-pppoe-connections-in-windows-7/

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Trusted installer?

Sounds like some junk on a pre-built that bypasses windows usual administrator only fucntions. Not sure though.

Judging by google, if that doesnt work your stuck til windows fixes it or u get a better router that doesn't use tht older connection type

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Take a picture of your program listing, maybe you can remove that thing that requires you to have "trusted installer" rights or whatever, if its just some stupid prebuild junk.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Take a picture of your program listing, maybe you can remove that thing that requires you to have "trusted installer" rights or whatever, if its just some stupid prebuild junk.

After reading multiple things about the TrustedInstaller, i have found out it is very risky trying to bypass this, as a result i talked to my dad, he says he knows a local tech wizz, he'll come tommorow, if even then it doesn't get fixed..... :sad:

MujGunGetDiv.png

This is my old computer, i have a dongle attatched to my old computer so it works fine on this one, my new computer won't work whatever i do, ethernet...dongle etc. The tech wizz should come to my house sometime today, let's hope he fixes it.

EDIT:Ugh, the guy won't be able to come till Tuesday >.> guess i'll try fiddle with it some more, or try find some drivers for the inventel adapter that will work on Win 7 =/

MujGunGetDiv.png

I tried that, i believe the drivers for the inventel adapter i currently use aren't compatible with windows 7. Hence i believe i need an updated dongle, however i think this still won't work as i've tried a straight ethernet plug in from router to comp... and that doesn't even work :S

MujGunGetDiv.png

As I pointed out quite early on the error your getting relate to a specific connection type. As in the encryption the router is using to transmit data. An error which other than the work around I posted and you said did not work has no solution in windows 7, as it is a current bug that has not been fixed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I feel really, really, reallly embarassed. Internet was working the whole time XD

The problem was internet explorer. When i went to check whether or not internet was present, i typed into address bar "google" as i do this all the time on firefox and it presents me with www.google.com. However when i typed that into I.E 7, it came up with a box saying, " would you like to connect?" Oubviously i said yes to connect, however it then showed me error 651. This is why i believe my internet was not working. However it was only until now that i tried typeing in "www.google.com" into the address bar and alas, it showed me google .com.

So basically i'm completely stupid, and i apologise for taking all of your time :-P but once again thank you for all the help.

MujGunGetDiv.png