Dragon Pick Camping

Animaslayer

could anyone suggest a setup+invent? a picture would be appreciated or a guide link woild be even better,

thanks in advance

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Planning to do dwogres or cannoneers? Very different processes.

BTW it can take many, many hours to get one of those...

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

yes but it gives me something to do when I'm bored :)

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Okay.. so which? :) Dwogres are rumored to drop it more (unconfirmed) and have decent seed drops, while the cannoneers obviously drop hand cannons and shot.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

a mixture of both would be nice. its just somethign to do while passing the time and (hopefully) making some extra $$

Animaslayer.png

They are all aggressive initially, and the dwogres use a magic based melee attack. Wear d'hide and always have the protect from range prayer active to prevent getting cut down by the cannoneers. Bring good food, prayer potions, and a healing familiar. You will be taking most of the damage from melee attacks.

Using a cannon is up to you, I've found it attracts more monsters and uses up your food faster.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Actually, they *aren't* aggressive initially in most cases (once in a while they seem to come after me from the start for reasons I don't quite get), and the behavior of the dwogres and dwarves is different.

If you attack any chaos dwarves or cannoneers then all of the dwarves and cannoneers will come after you. The dwogres are separate, and won't attack you if you do the cannoneers. The cannoneers also won't attack you if you only attack the dwogres (try it).

I recommend praying on the dwogres, as their attack is highly accurate. If doing the cannoneers, use Veracs and pray ranged (not prayer gear, as they switch to melee when you pray ranged).

signew2.png

thanks for the suggestions guys, but does anyone know a guide link they could post? just to help clarify etc

Animaslayer.png

Personally, I cannon while praying range.

It's very straightforward. Bring your cannon and a few ppots depending on how long you want to stay. Wear Prossy. A bunyip will keep you alive, although EE/SGS + Combat Familiar should do fine as well if you bring a little food. Don't forget Pure Sets and Range Pots to boost your combat efficiency, and of course take a teletab for emergencies (if your prayer accidentally runs out, tele out. Better safe than sorry and I've gotten massacred there when I let my range prayer run out).

would this possibly work then

neitiznot

skilcape (t)

glory

whip

proselyte top

zammy book

proselyte bottoms

barrows

dragon boots

warrior ring

with an invent of

teletab

dds

2 super sets

10 prayer pots

Titans

Titan Cons. scroll

rest sharks

Animaslayer.png

I would take a defender and use Monks or Pizzas instead of Sharks.

Don't forget the cannon, and you're good.

is the cannon 100% necesarry (sp)

Animaslayer.png

I got a d pick drop after finishing off 8k dwogres. This shouldn't set you off though, they're fairly good exp (sup att and str are advisable though), and they drop enough ranarr seeds to pay off the pray pot and beyond.

Anyway the setup I used tried to find a balance between attack and prayer bonus:

Helm: Neit/Prossy (gives more pray bonus, but the neit is just a common tool and it has +3 str bonus, not that I care for that though)

Top: Prossy

Legs: Prossy

Amulet: fury/glory

Weapon: whip (there could be better alternative, but I haven't really been testing a lot of weapons on dwogres tbh)

Gloves: Best RFD gloves

Cape: Soul Wars cape(+12)/Ardy cloack (+6)

Boots: drag boots

Ring: personally I'm a row person, otherwise go with warrior ring, more attack bonus than zerker

Shield: I use zammy book for pray bonus and some attack bonus, although defender might be a better choice perhaps

Bout the aggressiveness: if you solely stick to dwogres (and only one at a time) you shouldn't be attacked by any others. However if you do attack a cannoneer or so and they've focused onto you, they'll stick to you for quite a while (even if you leave the area and come back after some hours). In that case, go ride a bike or something :lol: .

Edit: also my invent:

8 pray pots, 2 sup att and 2 sup str, take an enchanted excalibur and holy wrench, so you'll spend 1 pray pot per sup pot sip on average. Might also want to take a fighting familiar for unfair players.

Also don't steal kills, if you see a dwogre atacking someone else leave, and don't half hp them either.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Cannon REALLY speeds up kills. You're better with one than without one.

Cannon REALLY speeds up kills. You're better with one than without one.

ok ty :)

Animaslayer.png

The dwarves and cannoneers will become aggressive if you attack one of them, but the dwogres are never aggressive. One option is to attack only dwogres for about 20-30 minutes. After this time, the dwarves and cannoneers will not be aggressive even if you start attacking them. You'll need to make sure you don't go to the edges though, because that can cause them to regain aggression.

Btw, I've only ever seen one attempt at a guide for the chaos dwarf battlefield and it sucked. The people above gave good suggestions.

Also, make sure you don't attack any of the black guard or they'll become aggressive as well.

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png

I got a d pick drop after finishing off 8k dwogres. This shouldn't set you off though, they're fairly good exp (sup att and str are advisable though), and they drop enough ranarr seeds to pay off the pray pot and beyond.

Anyway the setup I used tried to find a balance between attack and prayer bonus:

Helm: Neit/Prossy (gives more pray bonus, but the neit is just a common tool and it has +3 str bonus, not that I care for that though)

Top: Prossy

Legs: Prossy

Amulet: fury/glory

Weapon: whip (there could be better alternative, but I haven't really been testing a lot of weapons on dwogres tbh)

Gloves: Best RFD gloves

Cape: Soul Wars cape(+12)/Ardy cloack (+6)

Boots: drag boots

Ring: personally I'm a row person, otherwise go with warrior ring, more attack bonus than zerker

Shield: I use zammy book for pray bonus and some attack bonus, although defender might be a better choice perhaps

Bout the aggressiveness: if you solely stick to dwogres (and only one at a time) you shouldn't be attacked by any others. However if you do attack a cannoneer or so and they've focused onto you, they'll stick to you for quite a while (even if you leave the area and come back after some hours). In that case, go ride a bike or something :lol: .

Edit: also my invent:

8 pray pots, 2 sup att and 2 sup str, take an enchanted excalibur and holy wrench, so you'll spend 1 pray pot per sup pot sip on average. Might also want to take a fighting familiar for unfair players.

Also don't steal kills, if you see a dwogre atacking someone else leave, and don't half hp them either.

sounds pretty concrete, gonna try it now

Animaslayer.png