Void or Rune

Rinoa437

I've been using full rune for a while now and just recently started looking in void armour. I was wondering which one would be best and if I should change any other parts of my equipment. I currently use: Full rune, rune kite, plain black cape, amulet of power, abby whip, mith boots, beacon ring, and safety gloves. I'm open for suggestions on changing any of this, but please give me reasons why your suggested item is better than what I currently use.

Rinoa_tilly.png

STATS

[hide]Rinoa_tilly.png[/hide]

I've been using full rune for a while now and just recently started looking in void armour. I was wondering which one would be best and if I should change any other parts of my equipment. I currently use: Full rune, rune kite, plain black cape, amulet of power, abby whip, mith boots, beacon ring, and safety gloves. I'm open for suggestions on changing any of this, but please give me reasons why your suggested item is better than what I currently use.

Change rune to barrows. (it's worth it, by far... and void sucks)

Rune kite to rune defender.

Black cape to obsidian cape.

Amulet of power to amulet of glory.

Whip = good.

Mith boots to dragon boots.

Safety gloves to either the best rfd gloves you can get, or FoG gauntlets. (I'm not going to see if you have requirements for Recipe for Disaster because I'm too lazy.)

Everything I've listed is far superior to what you have... and that should be a good enough reason. :razz:

Change rune to barrows.

I've been very hesitant to consider barrows for a few reasons. First, they give bonuses for full sets, but that means I'd have to use that set's weapon, and you already stated that whip is good. Second, it's an item that degrades and is quite expensive to repair. Lastly, there are four sets for me to choose for since I'm a melee fighter, and I'm not sure which would be best.

Rinoa_tilly.png

STATS

[hide]Rinoa_tilly.png[/hide]

Change rune to barrows.

I've been very hesitant to consider barrows for a few reasons. First, they give bonuses for full sets, but that means I'd have to use that set's weapon, and you already stated that whip is good. Second, it's an item that degrades and is quite expensive to repair. Lastly, there are four sets for me to choose for since I'm a melee fighter, and I'm not sure which would be best.

The cost of repairing barrows is relatively insignificant. You also don't need the weapon to get the defence -- I haven't used a full barrows set in months but use the armour on a nearly daily basis. Most of the time, I use only the body and legs, meaning that it costs just above 10k per hour to use the equipment (170k to repair both pieces, degrade completely after 15 hours), which is even less if you can get access to an armour stand to repair the armour in your house (or someone else's).

Also, if you can, get helm of Neitiznot -- it's one of the best helmets for average use in the game (excluding things like Slayer). Gamo covered most of the rest of it, unless you want to get into slayer, at which point it becomes an entirely different (and more expensive) situation.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Change rune to barrows.

Well, I'll tackle each of these concerns one at a time.

Full set bonus: Really only useful with Dharok/Guthan's, but only in certain circumstances. Dharok is great for hitting high when you have really low health, but only in a controlled environment. To be honest, I've never owned a piece of Dharok's... I see no point. Guthan's is good for healing with no food. On slayer tasks, this can be really helpful, but since you have to equip the spear for the effect, some would argue that it's not really worth it (also, if you get it, only equip the spear for healing- still use whip and def the rest of the time). Once one can get a Bunyip and Enhanced Excalibur, Guthan's has very limited uses. Verac's has a prayer bonus that people find useful, but as with Dharok's, I've never owned a piece.

Expensive to repair: Not really... if you're training slayer, you should always wear black mask/slayer helm (<-- which is something I forgot to mention), so you would only have to repair the plate and legs. After 15 hours, at a 100% drain, that's only 170k gp. That number can be reduced further by repairing it on an armor stand in a PoH. If you can't make 170k in 15 hours, you should probably be training something other than combat... I've found that the profits of training slayer far outweigh the loss of having to repair barrows armor. You'll save a boatload on food.

Which set to own: This was probably answered in the first part, but if you didn't figure it out, I would go with Torag's or Guthan's. It all depends on how you train/what you're training on. Personally, I'm in love with my Torag's. It's the cheapest and has the best defensive bonuses. But since I have access to a Bunyip and Enhanced Excalibur, there are few situations that I actually need food. It's all up to you, and if you have the money for it, it would probably be wise to invest in Guthan's. My personal recommendation is Torag's, though.

I hope I've helped. :grin:

EDIT: Nooooo, Killer, you beat me to it! :cry:

Void is the best armour to train in unless you're slaying.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Helm : Helm of Neit - Cheap, good prayer bonus, good str bonus and same def as a rune full helm

Cape : Does not really matter, i usually have a god cape on.

Ammy : Glory, no need to say anything.

Chest : Fighter torso or rune plate, when u really need high def a guthans plate.

Legs : Dragon plateskirt or legs. I personally use the legs for looks :> :oops:

Boots : Climbing boots or dragon boots, Climbing are really good for its price.

Shield : Defender or obby shield

Weapon : ur choice, whip, dscim, ss, godswords.

not that expensive either.

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

For your weapon, I HEAVILY recommend training with a Whip on Controlled. The simple fact is that the whip is the BEST weapon to train with (excluding special circumstances such as metal dragons or waterfiends). There is no weapon that gives as much xp/hr on average as you will get with a whip. In fact, the next best options can be thousands of xp/hr slower than the whip. For this reason, you really should be on Controlled at all times (again, outside of special circumstances). This way, you will never need to use an inferior weapon to train strength.

Yes, you get levels slower, but in the long run, you will get your levels faster.

You may be inclined to believe that if you trained strength first, it would help you hit higher when you train attack and defense, thus increasing your xp/hr. That's true, but the impact of strength is FAR less than the impact of a whip.

You should tell us what you're training on/fighting. There's no single best armor at any given level for all circumstances.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: