Kalphite Queen questions

warrior5024

If you are going to say "Just buy the Chain" then don't bother posting. I want a goal that will be fun, enjoyable, and personally rewarding.

I've always loved the Dragon Chain as an armor piece. I remember when they were twice the price of a Blue Partyhat and seeing them today makes me feel like it still is the coolest armor, aside from the lustrous 3rd Age. So, since I'm far to frugal to buy one myself, I've decided to hunt for it.

At 91 attack, 95 Strength, 97 Defence, 99 HP, 99 Magic, 99 Range, 83 Prayer and 92 Summon, what would my best set-up be?

And does anybody know the drop-rate of the Chainbody?

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

And d chain smells.

If you must have an item for "cool" looks

Go smash tds til u get d plate

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The best armor for taking on the KQ is full Verac's.

I find that a Full Slayer helm with a BGS and rune crossbow w/ ruby&diamond bolts work better. Just switch to a rune crossbow when the second form comes around.

I hunted it A LOT back when it was the highest lvl boss monster (aside from Jad)-- I remember hearing the drop rate was anywhere from 1/64 to 1/250. I wouldn't be surprised if it's as low as 1/64, though, since back in the day you could only kill 1 per trip... 2 if you were lucky.

Maging was always really powerful against it... You could try fire surging w/ battle robes and staff of light to kill it pretty cheaply nowadays. For melee I wouldn't be surprised if godswords are better than veracs down there nowadays. Crossbows hadn't been upgraded when I last visited, so I'm sure diamond (e) or plain runite bolts are very good there too now. Lots of options :D I'd bring a unicorn familiar too

77yLQy8.png

I hunted it A LOT back when it was the highest lvl boss monster (aside from Jad)-- I remember hearing the drop rate was anywhere from 1/64 to 1/250. I wouldn't be surprised if it's as low as 1/64, though, since back in the day you could only kill 1 per trip... 2 if you were lucky.

Maging was always really powerful against it... You could try fire surging w/ battle robes and staff of light to kill it pretty cheaply nowadays. For melee I wouldn't be surprised if godswords are better than veracs down there nowadays. Crossbows hadn't been upgraded when I last visited, so I'm sure diamond (e) or plain runite bolts are very good there too now. Lots of options :D I'd bring a unicorn familiar too

Agreed, back when I hunted it (before gwd) Veracs was the best.

I'm sure with unicorns/godswords/extremes it's totally different. You could probably own her with a godsword/runite bolts.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

As you probably already know well Verac's is probably your best bet. If you are going to be soloing the set up I would recommend would be this.

Helm: Veracs > Slayer

Neck: Fury > God stole

Chest: Veracs brassard > Bandos chest

Weapon: Veracs Flail / Dragon Claws or a Godsword for special > Any godsword

Shield: None

Gloves: Barrows (duh)

Ring: Onyx (i) > Berserker > Wealth

Legs: Veracs plateskirt > Bandos tassets

Boots: Dragon / Bandos

Cape: Fire cape / Soul Wars cape > Skill cape (t)

If your going to be soloing you'll obviously use more prayer, thats why I have added some prayer boosting things. Many people do like to use Bandos and a godsword if you have Kalphites as a slayer task, but from personal experience I would recommend that you use Veracs and just take a good special weapon (D claws AGS etc.)

Oh and I can't confirm it but I heard that the chain drop rate was between 75-125 kills, not sure if thats fiction though.

Hope that helps

4sDIn.png