Equipment for Jad

VivaLaCola

I am going to try to do fire cape in the next days. I know thre is a guide in the archiv of Wisdom but i didt manage to find some answers. First my stats are 99 range 99 def and 72 prayer and i need a mgood setup because i want to do it at my very first time. Now for my setup is availabel any barrows set , arma , ranger boots, fury , amulet of ranging , dfs,zamorak book., and this karils crossbow with around 2k bolts(and excalibur extreme) maybe i will be able to get acces to an sgs if that would help.

i have no barrows gloves no falador shields and no crystal bow.

I will try to fight caves while haveing them as a slayr task so i dont know but maybe full slayer helm would work too.

Well that are all my questions that i have

(for the sgs my stats are 75 attack and 72 str )

Do you also have some inventory suggestions depending on my gear ?

(sorry for my bad english)

OK then- my inv was: SGS, 3 range pots, 8 brews, 10 restores, rest ppots, I was going in with noob gear and managed to get to jad, wearing black dhide body, glory, broads rune legs and dragon boots O.o but i died.

back on topic- you should bring a full slayer helm if its a task, and bring the DFS, as the defence will help alot (and the spec maybe on jad?) Also, dont use karils, use rcbow with 2k broads, and 50 dragon (E) for jad, you should wear arma top and veracs legs and helm (unless task), fury, ranger boots, etc....

Also- Welcome to the fourms!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I quite like this set up:

Helm: Guthans

Neck: Fury

Chest: Armadyl/Guthans

Weapon: Abyssal Whip/Guthans spear/ Rune crossbow

Shield: Dragonfire shield/ Spectral spirit shield

Legs: Guthans skirt

Boots: Ranger

Gloves: Barrows (in your case maybe something prayer boosting?)

Ring: Archers ring

Bolts: Diamond (e)

Inventory:

You should only need about 6-8 super restores, although with your lower prayer level take a few more. Obviously you will have the switch items in your inventory as well, and after that maybe take 20 or so purple sweets. Then fill the rest up with brews.

Hope that helps.

4sDIn.png

Look, I'm going to be honest with you.

Unless you have a LOT of practise prayer switching (maybe you td or something though I'm not sure you can do wgs without rfd...) there's is a 99% chance you won't kill jad on your first try (it took me 14!)

The waves are easy. I mean really easy. So long as you're not a complete moron and you remember what to pray and to keep your points above zero you'll have no problem doing them.

Best setup for you would be...

FSH

Karils top and skirt

Ranger>snakeskin boots

Rune c'bow

accumulator

Fury>Amulet of ranging

Ranger>Snakeskin boots

Archer ring (i)>archer ring> Explorer ring 3

Spiky black vambs? not too sure about these...

Shield is up to you, personally I used zammy book and I think with 99 def and Enhanced Excalibur (though tbh I much prefer your name of Excalibur extreme lol) that'll be fine for you. Whoever suggested using DFS spec against jad is either so pro they can do 500 things at once or doesn't have a clue about how much you have to concentrate.

Use broad bolts for the waves and diamond (e) for jad.

Learn the monsters and when they come, It's worth noting that you don't have to pray range on the 90s though some guides will suggest you do. Try tanking them for a bit in one of the waves and you'll soon learn whether or not you want to waste the ppoints.

Invent should be: 3 range pots, diamond (e), Enhanced Excalibur, 5 Brews, rest Sup Restores

That's the best, though if you want to use some sharks/prayer pots that's up to you.

Try not to panic, pray range as soon as you get to jad and only switch to pray if you hear the retribution prayer, try not to panic, remember to concentrate, try not to panic, learn the waves, try not to panic.

Curses>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>normal prayers

Gl Hf

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Black d-hide will be better then karils top.

Why? Karils has +2 range def which is useful for protection from the 90's. In what ways is Black d'hide better that Karils top? OP has already said that he has any barrows set available.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

http://forum.tip.it/topic/72652-the-fight-caves-oct-2006-aow/

Jad guide I used. And yeah. It's incredibly unlikely you'll get it on your first try.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Black d-hide will be better then karils top.

Why? Karils has +2 range def which is useful for protection from the 90's. In what ways is Black d'hide better that Karils top? OP has already said that he has any barrows set available.

Black d hide has better melee defence then karils, which is primarily used for mage defence, but since you are praying mage, you will benefit more by having more melee defence from the black d hide, for tanking the healers.