League of Legends

sup3rpur

I saw that there was a HoN thread and thought to myself...why no LoL?

Any of you TipIters play?

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

It's not terrible to be honest. It's about personal opinion, I've played both LoL and HoN and I enjoy LoL far more and the community I've met and made friends with in LoL is generally better but that may just be the people I've met.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

And honestly ... what a joke of a game that is. No denies, no gold lost on death, towers do insane dmg (it's dmg stacks so the longer it hits you the more dmg it will do per hit)so near impossible to try to gank near them. The more you play the more advantage you gain over others because you "level up". Think like levels in HoN, except you can get like special passive bonuses like 5% crit and 5% more hp and more mana/hp regen for every level you get. It's an insult to any serious HoN gamer. Everyone seems to go rambo and try to kill heroes even though they know they will most likely die, because it won't matter because you don't lose gold. My friend even said "yeah I got myself killed because I needed to shop anyway". Also other issues like grass that makes you invisible and non-combat teleport to town anytime you want and the graphics make me cry and towers + rax respawn after a period of time etc etc

Not my quote but it sums up the stuff that is wrong in LoL. It's pretty much a DoTA style game for those who aren't actually good at DoTA style games.

Oh and the whole idea of "ability power" turning everyone into an awesome late game hero is still a stupid idea.

And honestly ... what a joke of a game that is. No denies, no gold lost on death, towers do insane dmg (it's dmg stacks so the longer it hits you the more dmg it will do per hit)so near impossible to try to gank near them. The more you play the more advantage you gain over others because you "level up". Think like levels in HoN, except you can get like special passive bonuses like 5% crit and 5% more hp and more mana/hp regen for every level you get. It's an insult to any serious HoN gamer. Everyone seems to go rambo and try to kill heroes even though they know they will most likely die, because it won't matter because you don't lose gold. My friend even said "yeah I got myself killed because I needed to shop anyway". Also other issues like grass that makes you invisible and non-combat teleport to town anytime you want and the graphics make me cry and towers + rax respawn after a period of time etc etc

Not my quote but it sums up the stuff that is wrong in LoL. It's pretty much a DoTA style game for those who aren't actually good at DoTA style games.

Oh and the whole idea of "ability power" turning everyone into an awesome late game hero is still a stupid idea.

Ability power is only good for champions that do damage primarily from abilities, most champions that do this are huge nuke, and then have nothing left so they need to harass and be able to play well, or support characters like healers and such. It adds a whole new potential for characters into the game. Just shows what you DON'T know about the game, since half the characters don't rely on Ability Power AT ALL and can still be good at late game. Nadril, I really wouldn't talk about LoL when you actually have no idea what you are talking about,

The whole "Rambo without worrying about dieing" is complete BS. If you die, you lose a bunch of time for gaining experience, so you lose out on levelling up, so they get higher than you, not to mention the other team gets gold for killing you so you just feed them up, making them more powerful. And going onto the the more you play the more you level up, yeah that's kind of [developmentally delayed]ed in everyones opinion, but the level 30s (Max levels) are in the majority separated from those lower, but the levels allow you to get masteries, like talents in WoW, and have rune pages, sort of like glyphs. It means people can learn about it as they level up instead of being thrown straight in at the deep end, being absoloutely destroyed by all the decent players, and never playing again.

Brush, or grass as he says, is a great ganking tool. It is used so people have to think about where they are going and about what champions are missing from the map. If there are 3 missing, why would I want to go into the grass and jungle, when they could be waiting there. It adds a decent amount of communication to the game and it means you have to talk with your team mates about when people go missing and when a good time to go and gank is. Without grass, a lot of the map would be completely exposed and ganks would be easy to counter, and the game would be far less enjoyable.

Towers do insane damage at very very low levels, past level 6 you can start to towerdive, but honestly, what's the point in a tower that does bugger all damage? What's the point in the towers if you can run past them? Towerdiving is still pretty suicidal even at level 12, but you can pull of really really good towerdives, I just pulled a triple under a tower in a 2v3 at level 11 today. It's not impossible, it requires timing and skill to be able to pull it off instead of just waltzing under and getting a kill. And yes, I am playing at a decently high standard so it was a well timed and skillful play, not bad play from the other players by far.

Those who complain about LoL haven't played it properly at all. You are all doing stuff at low ELO (Look up ELO on Wikipedia, it's a ranking system interpreted from chess put into a 5v5 and 3v3 game, it has flaws but works on the mostpart), which basically means everyone is really bad and pretty much have no clue of the game. You need to play this game at a high ELO to have any idea of how the game works, how it is played at a decent standard.

To be entirely honest, it's like Athene being told to try out RuneScape, he created an account, logged in, walked around in the character creation screen, and that was it. This person talking knows almost nothing of what he is talking about. He has played a MOBA before so he thinks he instantly knows everything in the game of LoL and why it is bad.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!