Clanning questions

L0rdAki

Ok, so i've never been a pvp nut, nor good at pvp.

I'm 112 p2p/103 f2p and have 50 mill. I feel too nooby to join a clan, and feel like i'd be a burden on one because of my low stats/cash pile. Also, I probably wouldn't turn up to events due to my sporadic computer schedule.

Can someone outline the purpose and stuff of clans? i've never understood one. (NB: I'm not really looking right at the moment, but if it turns out they're awesome, i might be :P)

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I'll say now, 50m is not nooby at 112. 30m at 119 is.

Some clans are like tiny communities, some are good, and some plain out suck. Look around on the clan forum sections to see videos, pictures etc about what they do as its an easier way to understand it.

Popoto.~<3

50m is a good start / will last a long time in F2p depending on how active your clan is. In P2p pk clans (LOL WOT - not too many is why im laughing) you'll probably need more or be ready to lose a good amount.

If you do decide on pvp clanning in f2p I'd suggest a smaller clan to learn the basics and basically test it out and see if you'll even enjoy it.

Also do some research and see what times clans have wars/events so you can make most of them. You might want to register on some clans forums and just intro and say hello get to know the community before you join.

F2p Pvp clans are really fun, for me at least. Smaller clans require like 10-20 rune sets and around 500-1k anch pizzas and 1k bind runes. So if you want to calculate that it's not too expensive it's just a matter of staying stocked up :P

Purpose of clans are to have funnnnn so yeah if you don't enjoy it clanning isn't for you or you picked a bad clan or you're inpatient :P IDK

I feel like i'm rambling so if you have any more questions let me know.

6590ew.jpg

Can someone outline the purpose and stuff of clans?

The purpose of clans are to have fun like any other player of rs, clans are a close knit community which enjoys playing the games or have common interests. For example pking/warring clans enjoying pk/warring so all the members have a commin interest, where it be f2p or p2p. Community clans just have fun together and hangout(never been in one).

Your combat level is low if you decide to join a pk/war clan but its good to get some experience at a low level, if your willing to train a pk/war could work unless you join a low leveled one. If you do decide to join a clan and you don't enjoy it you can try another of the same type of clan or look for a different type. There is a type of clan for anyone but its just hard to find that right clan.

If you have any questions u can reply here or stop by #dwood to talk to me.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

There are different types of clans, but I can tell you 50M is pretty good for most clans - even a few P2P PvP Clans.

The more popular types of clans are Warring/PKing, they war other clans and PK; usually fighting other clans. Wars are in CWA and PvP. There are even a few Warring Clans that don't even do PvP. However, they do have very high requirements; many clans being over 110+ F2P. They do require you to attend a war or two a week.

There are community clans; they are a friendly environment that talk to each other and have some "fun" events. Most people find them less enjoyable to warring.

Hope I helped :P

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

Purpose of clans:

As others have said, a clan is a community of people going after a same goal. That is to have fun. Some clans do organized monster hunting, some do skilling, however the majority of the clan world does F2P warring. This requires high stats, teamwork, and determination. The big league warring is in PvP while the smaller clans likes to fight in clan wars arena. Some people say clanning is a completely different game from normal Runescape. I would suggest you join a smaller clan to test everything out, once you are ready and know what to do, apply for a bigger clan.

Here is the obligatory join PKM.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Clans are kind of like a Facebook group that plays Runescape. There is a clan for almost any interest ranging from Castle Wars, Pest Control, GWD, CWA, PVP, Skilling, etc. Clans are not just a group of people with a similar interest working towards a common goal, they are or should be (imo) a community that you can call your friends if not your family (if a highly dysfunctional one at that :P). The closest analogy I can come up with is that a clan is like a team for sports, they vary in level of competitiveness and goals.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I doubt my bank worths more than 15M atm and im level 135. (I spent most of my cash on skilling but that doesnt really matter)

Either way, I pk pretty often with my clan and im doing fine with that 15M

I would suggest that you train combat a bit further, if you are higher level you wouldnt get piled that much, and some useful things like staying in your main pile instead of standing out - these will all decrease your chances of getting piled, therefor losing some money.

I'm pretty sure you will do fine with 50M in f2p.

Im in my clan/teams for the community mainly, and to have fun, since im starting to find most things boring on runescape apart from warring. Also warring/pking in clans is a totally different dimension of warring, an other thrill than what you experienced from whatever you did (I reckon solo pking and duelling, since you asked the point of clans).

PvP with clans isnt about the loot though, It's about the teamwork, the fun, the excitement which I suggest you to try.

lightningcopy.png