duel weilding?

12bigo12

You can hit faster with two because once you've hit once with one weapon, you can immediately hit with the other while you raise your previous weapon up... that is, they cover each other's "slack time".

And the set-back would be lower defense (no shield) and probably lower accuracy (attack).

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not what i meant speghetti was only an ilustration

what i dont think is smart is the thing thats like "o you cant use 2 longswords because it would be more dangerous for you then him"

Look i think dual weilding would be great but to be so technical about it like where a wepon is made? why does it matter where there made?

And if katanas wont work then neither will daggers

id like to see one of you guys stab a dagger through a platebody*laughs at your silly attempts to show you can put a dagger through a platebody*

I could do it. Platemail doesn't cover joints as well as everything else, and plate sections are angled so that striking upwards would allow you to score a hit. That, and I'm bloody fast.

But that isn't the point you're making, is it?

Swinging two longswords WOULD be more dangerous to yourself than using a longsword and a smaller weapon, or the former on its own. You'll tire out quickly, and you sure as hell won't be half as accurate or strong with two of them to worry about.

thats not what i meant speghetti was only an ilustration

what i dont think is smart is the thing thats like "o you cant use 2 longswords because it would be more dangerous for you then him"

Look i think dual weilding would be great but to be so technical about it like where a wepon is made? why does it matter where there made?

And if katanas wont work then neither will daggers

id like to see one of you guys stab a dagger through a platebody*laughs at your silly attempts to show you can put a dagger through a platebody*

I could do it. Platemail doesn't cover joints as well as everything else, and plate sections are angled so that striking upwards would allow you to score a hit. That, and I'm bloody fast.

But that isn't the point you're making, is it?

Swinging two longswords WOULD be more dangerous to yourself than using a longsword and a smaller weapon, or the former on its own. You'll tire out quickly, and you sure as hell won't be half as accurate or strong with two of them to worry about.

*sighs* im trying to say this is a game

and if you can cast magic then why cant you dual weild?

wouldnt cooking being hazardis to your health also then because you practically put your face in the fire :lol:

kill3r_c0w.png

its simple, change the weapon and shield slots to left and right hand slots and thats that. Then you can have twin shields if you really want, or twin weapons, or a mix of both, or wield skill items in the slots instead(harpoons, hatchets, picks, warhammers, arrows in one, bow in other). Things like g mauls will take up both hands though.

Junkieman608.png

Why not just carry one shield, then? Trying to use two at a time would restrict your vision, weigh you down, and give you a bloody huge profile. Contary to popular belief, you DO have to move a shield around to defend yourself. Shields don't project some sort of magic defensive field.

What is it with people here and thinking that carrying two things to serve the same purpose magically doubles the effect?

wouldnt cooking being hazardis to your health also then because you practically put your face in the fire

Magic I can understand, because, as I said earlier, this is a fantasy game and magic is a fantasy element. Suspension of disbelief allows it to become "realistic".

Cooking I can also understand, because JAGeX has a reputation for creating poor animations.

Dual-wielding as a viable combat style, I can't understand, because it is an actual method of fighting which is damned useless against all the sorts of enemies you find in this game.

Suspension of disbelief. Learn it.

No point in it.

Waste of an update.

And a note, it's DUAL WIELDING not weilding or anything else.

:? If there were two of any weapons, the stats would be reduced greatly, and it'd make more sense that the weapon would have the same stats when dual wielded or one-handed. SO NO. I object. :lol:

Lesson for some who have posted on this thread... You can't try and use real world logic to say whether or not something should be put into a game or if it would be effective. The game world and the real world are completely different. Though Runescape is partially realistic to some extent, the physical laws that govern the real world do not apply to Runescape. Thank you.

Lesson for some who have posted on this thread... You can't try and use real world logic to say whether or not something should be put into a game or if it would be effective. The game world and the real world are completely different. Though Runescape is partially realistic to some extent, the physical laws that govern the real world do not apply to Runescape. Thank you.

finally someone who agrees with me... i think ...... do you agree with me:?:

kill3r_c0w.png

Why not just carry one shield, then? Trying to use two at a time would restrict your vision, weigh you down, and give you a bloody huge profile. Contary to popular belief, you DO have to move a shield around to defend yourself. Shields don't project some sort of magic defensive field.

What is it with people here and thinking that carrying two things to serve the same purpose magically doubles the effect?

wouldnt cooking being hazardis to your health also then because you practically put your face in the fire

Magic I can understand, because, as I said earlier, this is a fantasy game and magic is a fantasy element. Suspension of disbelief allows it to become "realistic".

Cooking I can also understand, because JAGeX has a reputation for creating poor animations.

Dual-wielding as a viable combat style, I can't understand, because it is an actual method of fighting which is damned useless against all the sorts of enemies you find in this game.

Suspension of disbelief. Learn it.

Because whenever i hold a weapon in really life i get magcally stronger :roll:

Dont try using real world logic or physics to reason out runescape problems, you're a fool to try, they blatently dont apply. And i think you'll find the reason suggested was for extra speed in attacking. Nobody ever said you dont have to move shields about, but think if you had one in both hands, you have a better chance of blocking yes? I rest my case.

Junkieman608.png

Dont try using real world logic or physics to reason out runescape problems, you're a fool to try, they blatently dont apply. And i think you'll find the reason suggested was for extra speed in attacking. Nobody ever said you dont have to move shields about, but think if you had one in both hands, you have a better chance of blocking yes? I rest my case.

Oh, so suddenly we're tossing out suspension of disbelief just so we can have what some people say is "cool"? Right. Let's stop having pseudo-realistic motivations for quests, then, and have NPCs tell players, "Fetch my pants, because I'm an NPC." We could try cooking fish in water, because natural laws don't have to apply.

Of bloody well course they don't have to apply. You'd like them to be used, though, otherwise the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever, and it'll end up feeling like some random mash of stupidity that someone put together on impulse. You want an immersive feel in an RPG - that's the point of them. To be immersive, you have to make as few changes to established systems as possible. Magic, dragons, whatever. That's fine, because they don't actually exist, so you can do what you want with them and sod everyone else's opinions because there's no concrete definition of them. Weaponry, on the other hand, exists in real life. And as far as not having to adhere to physics is concerned, I'd like to point out that you still stick the business end of your sword into the enemy, so chances are, your character's probably doing something right.

As for your poorly constructed argument about shields - no. Holding two would restrict your mobility and make it HARDER to block attacks from someone who has a baseline knowledge of actual combat. Don't agree? Try it out at your local SCA, or anyone else who would know how to swing a weapon at someone with a shield.

theres a reason we cant dual wield can you imagine trying to string a bow with only one hand? rangers are already really bad against melee, if dual wielding is added sombody is going to have a lot of explaining to do to the angry pking rangers, and dont argue that theyll let them use 2 bows cause seeing as you cant use a bow with a shield, they obiously care enough about the laws of physics that you cant do that why would they let you wield 2 bows

You know, the general assumption was that dual-wielding would only be for single-handed melee weapons. Discounting the fact that it really wouldn't be any better than using just a single weapon, assuming that you would be able to dual-wield ranged weapons that require reloading is a statement of stupidity in and of itself.

Oh, and fix your sig. You're stretching the board, in case you didn't already notice.

You know, the general assumption was that dual-wielding would only be for single-handed melee weapons. Discounting the fact that it really wouldn't be any better than using just a single weapon, assuming that you would be able to dual-wield ranged weapons that require reloading is a statement of stupidity in and of itself.

Oh, and fix your sig. You're stretching the board, in case you didn't already notice.

hmph did you hear anyone saying that youd be able to dual wield, cause i didnt, you obiously didnt bother to read my post and ill fix my signature when i feel like it not because you tell me to maybe when somebody tells me who actually reads the posts

ti could work with longswords, swords, daggers, maybe maces, darts maybe but that's crazy, shields *yeah I know what your thinking!*, and out of the first three they could be mixed up in these ways such as dagger-dagger, dagger-sword, sword-sword, longsword-sword, long-long, and if we use maces then mace with long, short, or dagger though the long ismost seemly and it's stupid. Then there are those scimmies they only work with daggers or another scimmy. WHY? Becuase they are a totally diferent weapon style, even though there both swords see? If we bend the rules to say we can use scimmy-sword, then why not scimmy-long? Idk I don't really want that. Oh battle axes could be used with sword or with another battle axe.

Oh, so suddenly we're tossing out suspension of disbelief just so we can have what some people say is "cool"? Right. Let's stop having pseudo-realistic motivations for quests, then, and have NPCs tell players, "Fetch my pants, because I'm an NPC." We could try cooking fish in water, because natural laws don't have to apply.

Of bloody well course they don't have to apply. You'd like them to be used, though, otherwise the whole thing makes no sense whatsoever, and it'll end up feeling like some random mash of stupidity that someone put together on impulse. You want an immersive feel in an RPG - that's the point of them. To be immersive, you have to make as few changes to established systems as possible. Magic, dragons, whatever. That's fine, because they don't actually exist, so you can do what you want with them and sod everyone else's opinions because there's no concrete definition of them. Weaponry, on the other hand, exists in real life. And as far as not having to adhere to physics is concerned, I'd like to point out that you still stick the business end of your sword into the enemy, so chances are, your character's probably doing something right.

As for your poorly constructed argument about shields - no. Holding two would restrict your mobility and make it HARDER to block attacks from someone who has a baseline knowledge of actual combat. Don't agree? Try it out at your local SCA, or anyone else who would know how to swing a weapon at someone with a shield.

I'm not all to bothered about the game being extremely realistic to be immersive, in fact i believe it has to be the opposite. Runecrafting through the abyss, a void in space, is no where near realistic, but i get into it. Finding 'monsters' all over the land isnt realistic, but i enjoy fighting them. If you're after realism, i think runescape is most certainly not the game for you, theres too much about it that isnt possible. If you're holidng a shield on your right hand side, you're open to a blow on your left hand side, simple. Even with a sword or solid weapon in your hand you can block that blow, try blocking a sword with your arm or hand and you arent gonna get anywhere(if you had a shield of sort in both hands, then you would be guarded on both sides), offensive fighting isnt everything, and the point i made about two shields was exactly for a defensive with hardly any offensive. I think you need to calm down a bit, you seem to be getting far too worked up over it, and completely dumping on other peoples ideas, your comments dont seem to be helpful, only bitter.

As for the people talking about duel wielding of bows, that wont be do-able, as it isnt currently. You can't hold a shield and bow at the same time, as one arm needs to be used for firing the arrow. To simply make duel wielding possible, just make any item than can be carried in one hand(such as swords, daggers, warhammers etc, where you can wield a shield too) duel wieldable. Do it for anything already in the game that allows you use the other hand in fact, and like i said before just change the 'weapon' and 'shield' slot to left and right hand/arm slots.

Junkieman608.png

As for the people talking about duel wielding of bows, that wont be do-able, as it isnt currently. You can't hold a shield and bow at the same time, as one arm needs to be used for firing the arrow. To simply make duel wielding possible, just make any item than can be carried in one hand(such as swords, daggers, warhammers etc, where you can wield a shield too) duel wieldable. Do it for anything already in the game that allows you use the other hand in fact, and like i said before just change the 'weapon' and 'shield' slot to left and right hand/arm slots.

:roll: does anyone read the posts the right way, nobody said it was possible he was trying to argue with me by saying the exact same thing as i said and which you just said right here i added that all the rangers will be complaining because they are already overpowered by melee and that is what i said will you people stop arguing with posts that you didnt read correctly