21-Apr-2010 - Ace of Skies

jimmy_jim

Take to the skies with a stiff upper lip!

Today, we're proud to announce the launch (or should that be 'take-off'?) of our spiffing top-down shooter, Ace of Skies - giving you the chance to prove your worth as an ace pilot.

•  
  • Give the rotters 'what for' over 20 challenging levels
  • Collect 4 strategic plane upgrades - each with 12 grades
  • Call in up to 6 skilled wingmen for backup
  • Take on the never-ending Arcade mode for the ultimate challenge

Fly sharp and do us proud - and remember: stiff upper lip at all times!

Mod Gabriel

FunOrb Content Editor

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

20 levels?!

Never saw that when I skimmed the newspost. Man, I can't even get past the first ten. Oh well, practice makes perfect and so on.

It's nice to have a singleplayer game again, something that is a 'work lunchbreak' game. Admitadly I suck really bad at it, but hey, an updates an update.

1yrb49.jpg

I thought the game was rather fun, and I agree its more of a lunchbreak game then the recent ones have been.

I also like the feeling of seeing other planes fall after shooting them. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it, I like it that they are still making a few more arcadeish games :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I was thoroughly unexcited at the release and I only tried it for the first time today. I'm not impressed. I do really like the way the planes crash after you shoot them down--it's a supremely satisfying little animation. But the camera controls just kill it. You can't see behind you. In a game where you travel in an open field in all directions with a top-down view, you need the camera to be centered so that you can see what's coming up behind you. Okay, sure, so that's not how it is in a real plane, but if that's what the developers were shooting for (hehe), why isn't it a first-person view?

Quite frankly, I don't see any reason to play Ace of Skies. Starcannon is a far more entertaining and addictive shooter than this flying-blindly-in-circles mess, and even Stellar Shard is a better execution of the same concept despite being a blatant Asteroids ripoff.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thoroughly unexcited at the release and I only tried it for the first time today. I'm not impressed. I do really like the way the planes crash after you shoot them down--it's a supremely satisfying little animation. But the camera controls just kill it. You can't see behind you. In a game where you travel in an open field in all directions with a top-down view, you need the camera to be centered so that you can see what's coming up behind you. Okay, sure, so that's not how it is in a real plane, but if that's what the developers were shooting for (hehe), why isn't it a first-person view?

Quite frankly, I don't see any reason to play Ace of Skies. Starcannon is a far more entertaining and addictive shooter than this flying-blindly-in-circles mess, and even Stellar Shard is a better execution of the same concept despite being a blatant Asteroids ripoff.

Radar= not flying blindly.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]