start of summer?

Yomyth105

Is it true that in previous summers... the start of the summer prices of anything pvp starts to rise like mad because the general public dont have school and spend time playing runescape in the summer. Therefore prices start to rise. I am looking for investment opportunities and was just wondering... :mrgreen:

Sometimes, but i know last year there was a different trend and everything sort of fell. I don't remember why it was, but it happened.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Sometimes, but i know last year there was a different trend and everything sort of fell. I don't remember why it was, but it happened.

I think that may have been because everyone anticipated a rise and so bought as much PvP armour as possible before hand. By the time it was summer all PvP items were a high price and everyone that had them sold 'em off, rsulting in a drop in price. Same will proabably happen this year.

2eprbpj.png

Rational expectations theory says no, were it not for the grand exchange limitations on trade. The only reason they rise is because people "think" it's going to rise, so they buy the item out, which actually causes a rise. It's like an unintentional clan buyout operated by a bunch of individuals. Then everyone sells off their stock, causing a crash.

It depends.

More players mean more demand for certain items. But it also means a higher supply. Whichever effect dominates determines whether prices will increase or decrease. We can only speculate or predict what happens to each item.... no one knows for a fact what will happen.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)