Stomp

Sir_Squab

So. I've decided Stomp is the stupidest boss ever. Mainly because of the stupid debris, which blocks the path to the lodestone charge thinger half the time. I've already decided that I will bring him down to low HP once, to get the lodestones, bring him down low again and activate the crystals. If only the debris wouldn't be in the way 3/4 of the time! Stupid, stupid boss.

Which leads me to my question. Is there anyway to get rid of the debris besides swearing to yourself while you wait and curse yourself for wasting a lodestone? (Or is it crystal.)

Doesn't help that I die after leaving once and fishing all the damn food I can. Oh, but let's not make a Stomp dungeon where you can explore all the rooms....

Well this is only my second time fighting him, but still >.>

Anyhoo, yeah, anyway to manually remove the debris?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

There is no way. I agree, Stomp is the biggest [bleep] ever. But what can you do? I just take the crystals the first time he does that attack, then focus on getting the crystals to where they gotta be.

There's no way to remove the debris from in front of the lodestones once it's landed, although if you stand under it, and let it fall on you, you take damage but the debris won't block off that lodestone.

I suppose you could set a gatestone in front of one lodestone, and stand in front of the other one to fight Stomp, if you want. Once he starts bringing down the debris, watch and see if it'll land in front of either lodestone, and either stand there/tele to the other lodestone to take the hit. Keep your lp high, though - I think I take 240 damage from the rock, but it's been a while since I've soloed him myself.

There's no way to stop him from blockading you into one corner or surrounding a crystal with debris though, unless you watch the shadows and avoid it yourself.

Easy way for Jagex to fix this? Make it so we can mine out the debris with a pickaxe or something. But, I somehow doubt they'll do that.

Even with his healing, he's still fairly simple for me to take down. I do have a high combat level, however.

Too long, didn't read - stand in front of one lodestone, gatestone in front of the other. When the shadows appear, move accordingly to take the hit and avoid the debris blocking the lodestone. Him blockading you, or blocking off the crystals from your reach is mostly unavoidable, though - unless you move fast enough and grab them/move out of the way before the debris falls.

Link_Olaran.png

If you see a shadow in front of a lodestone, stand under it - that signals where the rock will be. If you let it hit on you, the rock won't block the way, but you take damage (200).

Usually the stones don't really block the crystals, but that's personal experience.

Also, using range/mage in this boss battle helps.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Things I do:

(1) I take a maging or ranging familiar to snipe at him from a distance

(2) I pick up the crystals during one window of opportunity and place them on the next one

(3) I do not turn on protection prayers until the final ⅓ of the battle, then I protect from mage

(4) I stand back far enough that I can sidestep the slow moving boulders he throws

(5) Standing behind the debris usually makes him throw boulders and clear up his own mess

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

There's no way to remove the debris from in front of the lodestones once it's landed, although if you stand under it, and let it fall on you, you take damage but the debris won't block off that lodestone.

I suppose you could set a gatestone in front of one lodestone, and stand in front of the other one to fight Stomp, if you want. Once he starts bringing down the debris, watch and see if it'll land in front of either lodestone, and either stand there/tele to the other lodestone to take the hit. Keep your lp high, though - I think I take 240 damage from the rock, but it's been a while since I've soloed him myself.

There's no way to stop him from blockading you into one corner or surrounding a crystal with debris though, unless you watch the shadows and avoid it yourself.

Easy way for Jagex to fix this? Make it so we can mine out the debris with a pickaxe or something. But, I somehow doubt they'll do that.

Even with his healing, he's still fairly simple for me to take down. I do have a high combat level, however.

Too long, didn't read - stand in front of one lodestone, gatestone in front of the other. When the shadows appear, move accordingly to take the hit and avoid the debris blocking the lodestone. Him blockading you, or blocking off the crystals from your reach is mostly unavoidable, though - unless you move fast enough and grab them/move out of the way before the debris falls.

WIsh I thought of that. Gatestone in front of a lodestone. Genius :)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Stomp can be annoying, but is very beatable if you use the right techniques. And yes, gatestones are very helpful.

I pre-published a full guide to beating Stomp that you may find worth a read.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I know, i got SO pissed when i first fought this boss.

What i do now is take a turn to take the crystals, then the next turn i drop a gatestone in front of one of the lodestones, then stand at the other one before the rocks fall.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.