Junk Trading makes me RAGE

Cacmypants

Seriously... I'm having such a hard time buying my battle robe set back and there's no way I'm paying 15mil, totally isn't worth that much, its on par with ahrims at best. Its true value only shines when used in conjunction with the staff of light, even then the staff of light is waay better and should be more expensive than it currently is.

GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT, PRICES -.= geez...

oh yeah, junk trading, don't make me laugh, its just a ploy to help greedy players get rid of their junk and withhold decent items from players capable of paying the ACTUAL price, street price is an illusion, don't fall for it.

actual its because the GE does not update fast enough to give an accurate idea of the prices of these items. Sure there overpriced, but would you rather pay 15m for something then not be able to get it at all? also you can always play FOG for them.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

actual its because the GE does not update fast enough to give an accurate idea of the prices of these items. Sure there overpriced, but would you rather pay 15m for something then not be able to get it at all? also you can always play FOG for them.

FoG is too slow in f2p and too unfair in mems. If I went f2p FOG it would take me upwards of 6 days to obtain the robe top, and 4 for the bottom (already got a charged hood), 10 days of FoG doesnt sound to nice when I'm busy with uni also 0.o.

What he said. Junk trading exists for items the GE cannot cope with...these items being things that rise massively in price from the GE price, or for well.... really rare items in game, i.e. rares and spirit shields. The GE works fine for the SoL, and you think that is overpriced....

Well, most really good high end items are, in my opinion, overpriced. In a way.

That is, I don't think most of them should be as expensive as they are, but people are willing to pay a premium for the top gear in game, and supply and demand causes the high price. Unless your a J-Mod. you have to live with it.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

What he said. Junk trading exists for items the GE cannot cope with...these items being things that rise massively in price from the GE price, or for well.... really rare items in game, i.e. rares and spirit shields. The GE works fine for the SoL, and you think that is overpriced....

That is, I don't think most of them should be as expensive as they are, but people are willing to pay a premium for the top gear in game, and supply and demand causes the high price. Unless your a J-Mod. you have to live with it.

I said that the staff of light isn't expensive ENOUGH, while the street price for battle robes are waay over the top. If they were like 6mil, yeah I'd consider paying that, but 15mil, no way. Sol should be 10mil+, and battle robes should be 6-7mil not the other way around. Then again, I'm not enitre sure how frequent the Sol drop rate is. I expect battle robes to rise well over the current GE price of about 850k, but 15mil.. hell no, it wont happen - people are just greedy.

You are forgetting the rarity. Hundreds of Staves of Light are added a week, tens of Battle Robes are added a week.

I can't buy any of course, because I actually use/sell my 'junk' for actual profit.

Everyone should sell things to me for the price I want. I also can't be bothered to get them myself.

i saport

The game is too easy as it is!

Any grinder could make a nice sum of money, and things are easy enough to buy already.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

While the street price of battle robes is about 20m, you can get them for about 6m. If you buy grimy wergalis for max and make them into unf's, you can trade about 700 of them for the set. that's 1/4 the price, and a price you said you'd pay.

I said that the staff of light isn't expensive ENOUGH, while the street price for battle robes are waay over the top. If they were like 6mil, yeah I'd consider paying that, but 15mil, no way. Sol should be 10mil+, and battle robes should be 6-7mil not the other way around. Then again, I'm not enitre sure how frequent the Sol drop rate is. I expect battle robes to rise well over the current GE price of about 850k, but 15mil.. hell no, it wont happen - people are just greedy.

Well, whatever you opinion on the price of the staff of light SHOULD be, there GE is working perfectly fine to keep up with the supply and demand of that item. Junk trading only happens when the GE cannot keep up with the supply and demand.

So, as best as I can tell, your ranting because items aren't worth what you think they should be worth. You can stop blaming greed for that. If you don't like the way supply and demand dictates RS economics, become a communist. The reason why battle robes are worth so much is because, unlike you, there's plenty of people WILLING to pay that price.

Hmm. While your at it, why not throw in rangers boots? Lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Well, whatever you opinion on the price of the staff of light SHOULD be, there GE is working perfectly fine to keep up with the supply and demand of that item. Junk trading only happens when the GE cannot keep up with the supply and demand.

So, as best as I can tell, your ranting because items aren't worth what you think they should be worth. You can stop blaming greed for that. If you don't like the way supply and demand dictates RS economics, become a communist. The reason why battle robes are worth so much is because, unlike you, there's plenty of people WILLING to pay that price.

Hmm. While your at it, why not throw in rangers boots? Lol.

Yeah why not, lol

(I gave up on battle robes tbh, wasn't worth the trouble.)

RS economy has been going down hill since pvp drops were changed to those bogus artifacts. I'm probably just angry because I lost most of my wealth to inflation over 2 years of quitting, although mostly an error on my part for selling everything.

My stance on junk trading will never change, it's a result of impatience, greed and idiocy on both sides. The only people actually capable of junk trading are either those who have POINTLESSLY invested in junk (selling/buying junk lolololol) or those whom already possess excessive gps and have spent money training a particular skill which accumulated ungodly quantities of junk, they should have been prepared to sacrifice whatever investment they sunk into a skill to train it.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone should sell things to me for the price I want. I also can't be bothered to get them myself.

i saport

Yeah, pretty much lol

I don't even want to comment on this because I know bad things will happen.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• 2 weeks later...

i saport

Yeah, pretty much lol

I don't even want to comment on this because I know bad things will happen.

These items you are talking about are worth less then 100m.... just make some cash and pay whatever people are selling them for.

An item is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. If people are paying whatever the junk traders are charging then thats what the item is worth.

Fools_Taco.png