Making a profit with...Tuna Potatoes?

Nomrombom

Yes, you can make a very good profit by cooking up some tasty tuna potatoes for those barrow and boss minded people. They heal more than sharks in one bite, but are very hard to make, and therefore sell well. Here's the math:

2245 (price of tuna potato mid) - 762 (cost of pat of butter) - 71 (cost of raw potato) - 147 ( cost of cooked tuna) - 58 (cost of cooked sweetcorn) - 21 (cost of bowl) = 1186 gp profit per potato

NOTE: You don't need bowls for every potato, as you get them back and can reuse them. So you'll actually be making 1207 gp profit most of the time. Now, here's the process:

1. Buy cooked tuna, cooked sweetcorn, around 200 bowls or so, pats of butter, and raw potatoes. Number of potatoes, sweetcorns, and butters should equal each other.

2. Cook the potatoes. I used Catherby and did herb runs each time I finished a section of the process.

3. With a knife in inventory, cut the tuna into the bowls.

4. Cut the sweetcorn into the bowls.

5. Butter the potatoes.

6. Use tuna mix on potatoes.

7. Sell at GE for mid price, and restock supplies.

I bought up my supplies on Friday afternoon, and I just finished making 402 tuna potatoes with a bunch of farming and questing in between, and made about an 800k profit.

:blink:

Damn. :smile:

PM me for fitocracy invite

I did this awhile back and was making close to 1k profit per potato. It isn't a great money maker when it comes down to it though it really is alot of work. It takes awhile to prepare everything and butter isn't easy to buy. If i had to make a guestimate I would say 200-300k/hour max

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic