Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firemaking Skill Guide (Under construction)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

AirWales
[ Display Name History ]

AirWales

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Air Wales

Posted Image

-Table of content-

1. Foreword
2. Basic Firemaking
3. XP rates
4. Advanced Firemaking
5. Other sources of XP
6. Level 99, which logs should you use?
7. Places to firemake
8. Line stealing
9. Firemaking in FTP, a do or a don’t?
10. How to fight boredness
11. How to stay healthy throughout Firemaking
12. Conclusion

1. Foreword

2. Basic Firemaking

3. XP Rates

4. Advanced Firemaking

5. Other sources of XP

6. Level 99, which logs should I use?

7. Places to firemake

8. Line stealing

10. How to fight boredness

AirWales
[ Display Name History ]

AirWales

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
Now it’s your turn!

This is a big guide (and still growing) which contains a lot of information. Because of that, there’s always a risk of some mistakes either factual or linguistical. Although I can speak English, it’s not my mother tongue so there is always a small chance of make a mistake of some sort. I’ve read through the finished chapters so far to seek out any mistakes but there are always things that go unnoticed.

Here is how you can help me.

Should you find any mistakes (in my calculations, spelling or something else) please tell me.Constructive criticism and other suggestions are also more than welcome. If you think you have something that you like to have seen added to the guide, feel free to post it!
I purposely uploaded this guide while it’s still onder construction because I felt that if I got some feedback I can implement those changes in upcomming chapters.

Hope to hear your thoughts on my guide.

Thanks again for reading!
-Air Wales

Edits:

06/06/10: Division signs changed, Penance horn noted down. Thanks to Lava Minerr and Potat0
09/06/10: Backwards Firemaking, G.E. collection box noted down. Thanks to Mrpadre.
Chapter 4 + 5 added spoilers for better searching options.
11/06/10: Backwards Firemaking added to Chapter 4. Credits go to MrPadre. Chapter 8 added
05/07/10: Chapter 7 FTP locations added, members to be added soon. Chapter 10 added.
06/07/10: Link to Morionic's Firemaking spearsheet added. Big thanks to him for letting me link it!

Lava_Minerr
[ Display Name History ]

Lava_Minerr

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 17 posts
Amazing guide, very in depth, gives all the methods of firemaking and pretty much everything you need. Just one thing missing Wales, the firemaking cape and emote ;)

Edit

The XP needed for 99 is 99 minus the current XP: 13034431 - 61,512 (level 45) = 12.972.919.

Under the advanced firemaking section, I suggest you use comma's instead of decimal points, can get confusing in calculations. Also instead of "colons" as division signs, use the "forward slash", again its more recognisable.

Unhesitating
[ Display Name History ]

Unhesitating

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • RSN:Unhesitating
I don't know if I missed it or not, but you might want to add a section about the penance horn and penance master penance horn, seeing as they give double exp. While it does take up time to fill the horn, you can use higher level logs and still get good gp/xp. Yew logs give 202 xp normally, so 404 xp with the penance horn. That means yews are 1.16 gp/xp, making them a good option if you want to spend the money.
Also, if you find Barbarian Assault fun, you could use it with maples and cut the amount of time spent lighting fires in half.
Posted Image

AirWales
[ Display Name History ]

AirWales

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts

Amazing guide, very in depth, gives all the methods of firemaking and pretty much everything you need. Just one thing missing Wales, the firemaking cape and emote ;)

Edit

The XP needed for 99 is 99 minus the current XP: 13034431 - 61,512 (level 45) = 12.972.919.

Under the advanced firemaking section, I suggest you use comma's instead of decimal points, can get confusing in calculations. Also instead of "colons" as division signs, use the "forward slash", again its more recognisable.

Thanks for pointing that out! I somehow overlooked that in chapter 4 but not in chapter 6 :huh: I'll add the skillcape and the emote in the last chapter.

I don't know if I missed it or not, but you might want to add a section about the penance horn and penance master penance horn, seeing as they give double exp. While it does take up time to fill the horn, you can use higher level logs and still get good gp/xp. Yew logs give 202 xp normally, so 404 xp with the penance horn. That means yews are 1.16 gp/xp, making them a good option if you want to spend the money.
Also, if you find Barbarian Assault fun, you could use it with maples and cut the amount of time spent lighting fires in half.

Thank you for bringing that up. I have already written chapter 9 but this might change it.

The completion of any wave fills your horn by exp based on the point total for that round, averaging around 100 waves, or 10 rounds of all 10 waves, for a full horn.

3,500,000 experience will be gained from a full master horn

Quotes from RSwiki. It takes 15.47 hours to burn 3.5M xp using Yew logs. Could you give me a rough estemation on how long it takes to play 100 waves and the amount of time it takes to reach level 5 in a role? It might be more efficient looking using the horn (without me having done thorough research yet), but getting up to level 5 in order to fill the horn up might take some time which could otherwise be used to train Firemaking. Anyway, let me know! :)

mrpadre
[ Display Name History ]

mrpadre

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • RSN:Leman
You should add a section on backwards Firemaking, and don't forget that you can use a collection box at the G.E. It's possible to get over 1480 logs per hour if you backwards Firemake and use the collection box at the G.E.
Posted Image

Unhesitating
[ Display Name History ]

Unhesitating

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • RSN:Unhesitating
If you have a good team, you can do waves 1-10 in a bout 35-40 minutes. That means that 1-10 10 times would be about 6.7 hours. If you don't have a good team, it could take any amount of time, depending on your teammates. And getting level 5 in a role would take about 2 hours? thats just an estimate though, but i'm pretty sure thats about right.
Posted Image

AirWales
[ Display Name History ]

AirWales

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts

You should add a section on backwards Firemaking, and don't forget that you can use a collection box at the G.E. It's possible to get over 1480 logs per hour if you backwards Firemake and use the collection box at the G.E.

I was planning on adding backwards Firemaking, but how are you sure about the number 1480?

If you have a good team, you can do waves 1-10 in a bout 35-40 minutes. That means that 1-10 10 times would be about 6.7 hours. If you don't have a good team, it could take any amount of time, depending on your teammates. And getting level 5 in a role would take about 2 hours? thats just an estimate though, but i'm pretty sure thats about right.

Ok thanks, that's all I needed to know to make the calculations.

mrpadre
[ Display Name History ]

mrpadre

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • RSN:Leman
[quote name='AirWales' date='09 June 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1276074364' post='4326162']
[quote name='mrpadre' date='07 June 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1275906054' post='4322196']
[/quote]

[quote]I was planning on adding backwards Firemaking, but how are you sure about the number 1480?[/quote]

Because if you don't mess up Firemaking, each fire takes 4 games ticks (1 game tick is .6 seconds) so if using the collection box, you can firemake without ever having to relight. So that means that 1500 logs an hour would be possible, but in reality, there is some lag created by the server which slows game ticks down to around .606 seconds, so around 1480 is possible.
Posted Image

AirWales
[ Display Name History ]

AirWales

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts
[quote name='mrpadre' date='11 June 2010 - 10:43 AM' timestamp='1276245805' post='4329899']
[quote name='AirWales' date='09 June 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1276074364' post='4326162']
[quote name='mrpadre' date='07 June 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1275906054' post='4322196']
[/quote]

[quote]I was planning on adding backwards Firemaking, but how are you sure about the number 1480?[/quote]

Because if you don't mess up Firemaking, each fire takes 4 games ticks (1 game tick is .6 seconds) so if using the collection box, you can firemake without ever having to relight. So that means that 1500 logs an hour would be possible, but in reality, there is some lag created by the server which slows game ticks down to around .606 seconds, so around 1480 is possible.
[/quote]

Thank you very much for your contributions. I would recommend you to have a look under chapter 4 :)

Tempest_Mike
[ Display Name History ]

Tempest_Mike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Tempest Mike
As soon as I saw the title of this I though "Oh that'll be Air Wales" :P.
It looks good, nicely done. :)

AirWales
[ Display Name History ]

AirWales

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 179 posts

As soon as I saw the title of this I though "Oh that'll be Air Wales" :P.
It looks good, nicely done. :)

Haha, i'm getting too predictable with these things. Thanks! :) :thumbup:

z6z61im4s99
[ Display Name History ]

z6z61im4s99

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:z6z61im4s99
Very good guide ^^ I knew about the backwards firemaking method as I use it, but never knew u could use the collect box feature to firemake endlessly. Also, the "collect box" option is not just available at the ge, it is available at any banker. You can right click any banker and click collect box, allowing u to use this method of firemaking anywhere. But obviously it is most effective at places like, fog or ge. As at these places one can remain close to the banker plus be an area where u can actually make fires unlike other popular locations for fming where space near bankers is retricted. Although I would say fog is better than ge, as you can literally make a fire right beside the banker, or actually go through him while making fires giving you no restrictions, which makes it easier to use the collect box option by right clicking banker.

Secondly, in your locations for firemaking section, you should remove the location in wilderness. The banker from that location has been removed and that area is no longer safe. As before this update when banker was there, the area was safe, meaning one could not be attacked by a pker there. Now there is no banker, means u cant firemake, but it is also now an unsafe area meaning you could be attacked by a playerkiller. So remove that location please.

And that I believe is about it.
Posted Image

Wisky_is_Goo
[ Display Name History ]

Wisky_is_Goo

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • RSN:Wisky_is_goo
Your section on pyrelord firemaking is outdated. Some of the highest efficency level FM-ing is done by using a tinderbox and the pyrelord at the same time, and waiting one game tick before doing either. There is a lengthy thread in the metagame forum if you wish to read it.

http://forum.tip.it/...ord-firemaking/
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users