wanting to take a chance

wildehunter

ok, here is my situation,

my computer broke, and it this kind of broke you need replacement parts to fix. I was already thinking of canceling the internet for real life money concerns anyway, so now I don't have much of a choice.

so heres the idea. i was thinking of buying something(s) and for the few months i'm unable to play(or however long), i'd hopefully make a few bucks. i've dreamed of 99 smithing sence i started playing so many years ago and i'm poor because everytime i'd get a few bucks, i'd blow it on ores. today i have 50Mish and i am hopeing to invest it in some items. i know it's risky, but after months of not playing, comeing back to a near empty bank account wouldnt be so bad i think because i'd be starting over anyway. but suddenly finding a massive chunk of cash some time later would be like haveing ten christmases in five seconds.

so, what i am asking is; what i should buy? i know the first rule of inversting is something like don't put all yours eggs in one basket, but i'm just that kind of guy i guess...

so please leave your suggestion, and just as important, your reason behind it. i'll be happy to read them. it might take me a week to get back to a working computer, but i am really desprate for the help because i want to do this, but i just dont know what to buy.

i'd love to disuss but i am afraid i have to go! MANY THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HELP!

wildehunter.png

5% of people want an original signature if you are one of these people don't put this in your signature

I don't watch the market very closely so I can't give you a definite answer, but I do have a few tips.

Obviously most investments rely heavily on luck. Basically, you want to invest in something that you think will be updated in the near future, or have some direct correlation with an update in the future. On the other hand, you don't want to invest in something that will soon be considered poor-quality after a future update.

For example, based on the recoloration updates just a while ago, if you were for some reason able to predict some sort of update like that, you could've invested in Abyssal Whips or Dark Bows and made a nice profit, because after the update, more people wanted those two items. However, investing in something like a Rune Crossbow (not that you would, but just as an example) would be bad because (1) a better crossbow alternative is already out via the Dungeoneering update and (2) a Dragon Crossbow seems imminent.

Just a few things to keep in mind while deciding.

Edit: I found this guide on the Tip.it Forums that you may be interested in looking at: http://forum.tip.it/topic/232100-g-e-investing-guide/page__pid__3596966__st__0entry3596966

Edited by adamparkzer

if rings of stone are buyable, i would get them instead of furies: they require the same gem, aren't useful, and i would consider them more under-valued. It's riskier than furies though, that's for sure.

Treasure trail items are also an option: more and more of thems eem to be bought out for street. now it's bob shirts, can you guess what the next item will be?