Merch Item suggestions

De_Lille_D

you're going to flip right?

then you want flat graphs with little variation, where the prices fluctuate daily (i.e. items with a small supply, or high demand such as f2p items).

items you should do change daily / weekly so no point in giving you a specific item: teach a man to fish and he has fish for the rest of his life etc.

assuming your flipping dbones, yew logs, and most herbs are usually good options. You want items with high demand and supply, that are relatively stable. Buy for 1-3% below med, sell for 1-3% above.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Nah, I'm not planning on buying and selling in same GE update (aka flipping). I play very little Runescape (college and all), so I need stuff to buy and later on sell when it's higher. More like long-term merchanting.

E.g.: If whips are low (3M-), I'd buy like 5 and then sell when they peak (4M+). Basically making me 5M for a few minutes actual playtime.

That's why I need items that rise/drop fast.

So, any suggestions?

Well that's a much riskier subject. You're not talking about guaranteed fluctuations anymore, you're asking us to predict the future. There are far too many variables to decide if an item is going to rise or fall over time. If anyone knows of a sure-fire item like this they are most definitely not going to indulge that information to you. Most people are going to say furies though, until Jagex does something about it there's no reason why furies should crash.

clansig7.gif

Honestly guys, "no one will tell" isn't helping...

For me, long term investing is better than short term flipping, because for flipping you have to be on more (college is very demanding; I don't play Runescape on weekdays). That's why I need items who fluctuate as close to 6% as possible (the faster the change, the faster the profit and the shorter I'll be stuck with the items if I miss the peak). I can use the graphs to buy low and, once it seems they wont rise for much longer, I'll sell for highest in GE.

Finally, I got 30 Mill total to invest, but I wanted a few suggestions to spread the risk.

look at the graphs then. using the past has been good, in the past, to check how things are going to progress, but merchanting clans have changed that dynamic. just look at the lower rares. they show how flippers / merchanters are making so much money they change the whole supply / demand chain. Flippers are the ultimate consumer: amazingly high turnover leads to a strengthening economy just like in real life, but the true values of items (like our building materials) are inflated above the costs of produced items (irl houses being worth less than building materials, produced items in runescape).

We have higher turnover leading to GE inflation, leading to a more rapidly growing economy, which in turn is less predictable ("bubbles" irl, "crashes" in runescape). But in runescape we have such a large merchanting / trading economy a new bubble grows directly out of the previous one, with real gains hidden.

summary: you can guess. you can look at graphs, but you're still guessing. There are few to no items with sine-like graphs of regular oscillations of slight increase / decrease. The GE makes sure of that, flipping has taken over and the fluctuations occur within ge updates almost always. you could of course set offers buying something like barrows armour for med, immediately put selling offers for x amount of gp above that, and wait untill they sell sometime in the future (long-term flipping) but it's a LOT more risky than short-terming.

Items i personally expect to rise, permanently: bob shirts (also in street prices, real values guaranteed manifold real increases imo), onyx items including the ring of stone, animal masks, battle robes; pretty much anything with street. these items are obviously hard to purchase through the ge. the times of predicting rises has, because of junk trading, become something you need to do earlier than before. therefore, giving you items is just guessing.

honestly guys, "no one will tell" isn't helping
tl;dr: Noone can tell you with a high degree of certainty, therefore noone does the type of merchanting you want to do any longer.