Being a Level 3 - Skillers Guide

dirtybbqchip

@ Creaphis - Thanks for the reviews :thumbup:

1. In my "not worth it" foods, I was just saying than tuna heals the same amount. I'll add jugs of wine to the food list :grin:

2. House Changes - Ooo boot changes. :grin:

3. Hmm. That'd be nice to do Barb Assault.

4. That's awesome, I'm glad there's a non-combat way to get it... I've been wanting one.

I'll add these tips in my next edit, thanks ;-)

@ RUNESCAPEfantasy - Thanks! There isn't a way to complete Shadow of the Storm, choosing your combat XP (Attack, Strength, Defence, HP, Range, or Magic) is what completes the quest. It might be possible to get Darklight, depending on whether or not it changes before or after quest completion. However, if it changes before quest completion, equipping and unequipping the sword is what prompts the XP screen to appear and I could easily see myself clicking on something on accident. :P I definately won't do it on my skiller account, but I'll look into it.

im sure you dont have to choose the xp to finish the quest but i did do it last year so i cant remember :wall:

:smile: More updates

I added "Random Good Things" because there are some tips that I believe should be highlighted, such as this:

"The Herders" cc is a group of people that herd Canifis/Mort Myre penguins to the Salve River (near the Dig Site) on World 24. The penguin(s) are then spyable from across the river. If you are a player that routinely does Penguin Hide n' Seek, be sure to login at 7PM CST/8PM EST on Thursday and get your extra penguin points! These people are just awesome for what they do :thumbsup:

This week (June 23-June 30) there are 4 possible Penguin Points in Canifis and Mort Myre (2 if you haven't done Hunt for Red Raktuber).

@ RUNESCAPEfantasy - Okay so I finally did Shadow of the Storm. The quest cannot be completed but a skiller would be able to get Darklight (although it's a very difficult fight).

There is no way to unequip Darklight without dying. Attempting to remove the sword will prompt the end-quest and XP chat box to pop up. There are two chat screens before the XP choices, so there's a little bit of a barrier to stop an accidental XP gain (10,000 XP your choice of Attack, Defence, Strength, Constitution, Range, or Magic). However, there is not a confirmation so if you click on one, you'll get the XP and quest completion.

Thanks for suggesting it. :grin:

• 2 months later...

@ spooferfish - hahahaha I love it when people say things like that to me.. so many people associate total level with combat level :lol: and lawl @ unibear

@ KingMerchant - Thanks and you're welcome :D

• 1 month later...

Question:

-For the Ardy cape. Is it really impossible? Ive heard but have not been able to confirm whether or not you can partially do wolf whistle. Just so you can learn how to use the obelisk? Would be awesome if you can confirm this.

-Also for the darklight you posted that you cannot unequipt it or the quest auto ends? Does this mean you must do this everytime you want to unequipt? or just the first time? Then you buy it back and are able to use it normally? Cause that seems wayyy to risky to ever do on a skiller :o

You could add a note that the satchets used to be tradable. Not impossible content since its possible, but previously you did not require the cmb xp. But Shade robes I will say are impossible. Okay, you can in theory recoil the shades... but... they are high hitting and high hp monsters. with a semi-rare drop rate for the robes 1:100 or something obsessively annoying. While the satchels are quite common. Plus! They look exactly like black priest robes :P So I doubt you will see any skillers risking cmb xp there... cause it will probably take a few days of recoiling and lvl 2 atk str def... just to get 1 of the robe pieces. Then if fate hates you, your second piece is a repeat :P

But shade robes used to be tradable, so id say add it to the list just for that reason.

Perhaps a section discussing different skillers and such? What a 9hp skiller is... how skiller can be lvl 1 combat.... how a skiller can have heroes done... etc. Not really mandatory, and perhaps you have some content on this. Your guide is massive, so I may have missed it. Good luck!

Nothing else that I can think of, your guide is extensive and an awesome read. I knew a great deal of it, but must say... this is a MUST read for any starting skiller. The tips are fantastic! I am saying this as an experienced skiller too!

black_firexp.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question:

-For the Ardy cape. Is it really impossible? Ive heard but have not been able to confirm whether or not you can partially do wolf whistle. Just so you can learn how to use the obelisk? Would be awesome if you can confirm this.

-Also for the darklight you posted that you cannot unequipt it or the quest auto ends? Does this mean you must do this everytime you want to unequipt? or just the first time? Then you buy it back and are able to use it normally? Cause that seems wayyy to risky to ever do on a skiller :o

You could add a note that the satchets used to be tradable. Not impossible content since its possible, but previously you did not require the cmb xp. But Shade robes I will say are impossible. Okay, you can in theory recoil the shades... but... they are high hitting and high hp monsters. with a semi-rare drop rate for the robes 1:100 or something obsessively annoying. While the satchels are quite common. Plus! They look exactly like black priest robes :P So I doubt you will see any skillers risking cmb xp there... cause it will probably take a few days of recoiling and lvl 2 atk str def... just to get 1 of the robe pieces. Then if fate hates you, your second piece is a repeat :P

But shade robes used to be tradable, so id say add it to the list just for that reason.

Perhaps a section discussing different skillers and such? What a 9hp skiller is... how skiller can be lvl 1 combat.... how a skiller can have heroes done... etc. Not really mandatory, and perhaps you have some content on this. Your guide is massive, so I may have missed it. Good luck!

Nothing else that I can think of, your guide is extensive and an awesome read. I knew a great deal of it, but must say... this is a MUST read for any starting skiller. The tips are fantastic! I am saying this as an experienced skiller too!

blackxp -

Eep! Please excuse my extremely late response... apparently I don't get emailed when someone posts on this thread anymore.

Question 1 (Ardy Cape) - Yes, Jagex has changed the Ardy Achievement Diary so that you have to *FINISH* Wolf Whistle Quest. I've had confirmations of accounts trying to partially complete Wolf Whistle without success. Lame, I know! <_<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question 2 (Darklight) - For Darklight, if you wish to go through all the work for it, you must get to the point in the quest where you've killed the boss (EXTREMELY hard fight for a level 3), and your sword will change to Darklight. *HOWEVER* once you wield Darklight, a message will popup asking you to choose your choice of combat XP. Although you can cancel out of the message by moving around (and thus being able to run around freely with Darklight as you wish), the only way to remove Darklight is to die and have items in your inventory that are worth more than Darklight so that Darklight ends up in your Gravestone (and then when you buy it back, you have to drop all of your Silverlights in your inventory/bank). Trying to remove Darklight by either unequipping or exchanging weapons will lead to the combat xp popup to reappear.

Choosing your combat xp from the popup is what completes the quest.

Risky? Not really unless you just click a lot without paying attention. There's two messages for the popup: the first one is just text (I forget what it says) but you have to click Continue and then the second screen is where you actually click on your combat xp choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestions - Satchels I have under Minigames/Distractions -- Like you, I believe it's possible for skillers to obtain (even if the chance is too risky for me).

Shade Robes I have under Mini/Quest/Random since you have to go to the Security of Stronghold now to get them (as they aren't tradeable anymore). Again, although it's possible, the risk is too much for my account (you still have to damage the Shade for the kill to count; recoiling without at least damaging the Shade once will just kill the Shade and the drop will not appear. Same applies with the Satchels), but good job to any skiller that has a set. ;)

Different Skillers - My guide is more on the thought of safely making and maintaining a skiller the way you want it, and less to do about the history of skillers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, thanks for reading my guide. If you have any more questions or if I was unclear about anything, feel free to contact me again. AND I'm sooo sorry this reply took so long =( I was counting on the email alert if people posted, but I guess it's broken for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duncie50 - Heyyyyy Duncie :P Thanks ^.^

whyzoserious - Hiiiiiii and tyty :grin:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...