The World and Wild map

Hi

I have recently looked at the world and wilderness map and i would like to suggest a few new features:

1. an ability to zoom in and out

2. when clicking on for example the bank icon then it would be nice if they was flashing like they do on the in-game world map

3. the transportation icon - here i think it would be pretty cool if it was possible to distinguish between the various means of transportation - ie. fairy rings, hot air balloons, chartered ships etc.

4. when moving the cursor about the map then we should be able to see the long- and latitude coordinates - i know we have a map for this purpose already, but i just think it would be nice to have here also.

Apart for these "missing" features i think the map really rocks

Would you (the tip.it team) consider to add (some of) these new features ?

Although those suggestions are great and would be quite awesome on the World Map, I don't think there's enough time for the coders, developers, and mappers on Tip.It to do this. They may be working on other things, some of which may have higher priority, but rest assured that this suggestion has not gone unheard and I'm sure sooner or later there will be improvements such as these to the World map. :thumbup:

Thanks for your ideas. These are all things we've considered in the past, but haven't been able to do due to time constraints.

We'll see what happens.

Thank you very much.

I wish i had the proper programming skills, because then i would help you guys with the project.

As a side remark i can say that i have noticed lots of "missing" labels when i hover the pointer on top of the icons on the map.

If there is a glow around an icon, it should be linked to something. If you find glowing icons without links to them, please let us know what is missing and we'll get it fixed.

If there is no glow around an icon, it is not meant to be linked.

Thanks.

DK

1.png
generic_signature.png

Hi

I can see, from a re-read of my last post, that i may not have been clear enough - sorry !

So i'll give it another shot:

When i hover the pointer on top of for example a transport icon like a Fairy ring then i'm not able to get a label saying:

1. Fairy Ring

2. the Fairy Ring Code for this location

Regarding the glow you mentioned then i can say that i haven't seen any glowing when i hover on top of an icon - i only get a label (which is good enough for me !)

I'm just talking about the labels you claim are missing. Any icons with labels have a slight glow around them directly on the map itself - if there is no slight glow around the icon, this means it isn't linked and has no label.

I do understand what you mean about the transportation features though - those aren't implemented now, as you know.

Hope that makes more sense.

1.png
generic_signature.png

I'm just talking about the labels you claim are missing. Any icons with labels have a slight glow around them directly on the map itself - if there is no slight glow around the icon, this means it isn't linked and has no label.

I do understand what you mean about the transportation features though - those aren't implemented now, as you know.

It sure does :thumbsup:

It sure does :thumbsup:

The only idea i care about is having a hover text pop up saying the name of each icon, especially transportation icons. To elaborate, when this does happen, it would be helpful to say what the transportation mode is, and if its a fairy ring also add the code.(Like DKS) For agility obstacles I would suggest posting the required agility level to use as well. I know there are some agility shorcuts underground, but I would be happy with just the normal map. If you did only those two things, the tip it map would be better than runescape. Runescape has tons of useless features on it. Zoom isn't really nessesary at all, and the click to make glow thing is utterly pointless. Anyhow, I have desired this feature from anyone forever.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\