My Page

This is quite a large update suggestion, but I feel many players would find this very useful and this would give Tip.it something that other platinum fansites don't offer. So whats the idea?

My Page

First of all the name could be anything, perhaps a runescape themed name would be better. Basically this update would give users a customizable page on the website, specific to them. Lots of features would be developed that users could choose to be displayed on the page as well as existing features. The aim of this update would be to supply users with quick access to information needed for a users' day to day activity within runescape.

Here are some general ideas I came up with:

• A player is training a certain skill, so they select the calculator specific to that skill to appear on their page, so every time they log on they are updated with their progress in that skill. The calculators could also be made more dynamic for this page, so that you could click on specific items displayed within the calculator and then a box appears with a quote from the skill guide relating to the item clicked i.e. You chose the crafting calculator to appear and then you click on vials, this then causes your page to show a quote from the crafting guide on glassblowing. Furthermore purely by selecting a calculator, links would be displayed to guides in the Archive of Wisdom relating to the skill. Along side this you could develop new features that track your xp progress to a specific target (i.e. a certain level), it would show the percentage of xp gained to the overall target.

• A player could choose to display in-game updates to runescape, if displayed it would provoke guides to display relating to the updates it applicable. Also to make it easier for a player, you could read the information about the update by just hovering your mouse over the link which would cause a temporary pop-up to display.

• Displays recent posts on their forum threads and comments on their blogs.

• A box that displays where the circus is this week and if Team Peng allows a box showing all penguin locations in world 60. This could be done for other D&Ds if applicable.

• A general idea that could be implemented to other areas of the website, the idea that I mentioned in the calculator idea, roughly all actions provoke links to be displayed relating to the action, this should be available to be toggled on and off though.

I have only mentioned a few possibilities that could be done with this update, of course there are so many others ideas that could be implemented in to this and I will update this thread with any more updates I think of or people suggest. One thing that I think is really important with this suggestion is that it must be completely customizable, this includes features (obviously :P), placement and functions should be allowed to be toggled on and off.

Ultimately though this might not be possible to implement into the website and I know I have only outlined a rough concept but I would like to hear feedback on this idea and see where it goes from here.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Nice idea, but you do realise hosting costs money right?

Also that would involve integrating log in systems into the website (expensive n tricky business)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nice idea, but you do realise hosting costs money right?

Also that would involve integrating log in systems into the website (expensive n tricky business)

I did consider that hosting could be a problem, but I don't know much about it.

This is being worked on... amongst other things. :rolleyes:

Any feedback on the actual suggestion?

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

~Duck

A couple of the things in there we have thought about, however for now, I can't really say one way or the other. Some of the suggestions are infeasable, for example showing parts of the guide on glassblowing, we can't do. Most of the other bits there we've thought about at one time or another but never really had a way to implement. However, I recently came up with a way of possibly sorting this so we'll see. For now I can't guarantee anything. :)

~Duck

Well once site logins are integrated into the forum accounts, there are tons of possibilities to explore. We've thrown around ideas for it for years now, many being ones you listed here. Only once the system is put in place will we be able to tell what is exactly possible and what isn't. I am not sure if each user will have that much power to customize their page, but as I said we do not know what all is possible quite yet.

Hope that helps.

1.png
generic_signature.png

~Duck

A couple of the things in there we have thought about, however for now, I can't really say one way or the other. Some of the suggestions are infeasable, for example showing parts of the guide on glassblowing, we can't do. Most of the other bits there we've thought about at one time or another but never really had a way to implement. However, I recently came up with a way of possibly sorting this so we'll see. For now I can't guarantee anything. :)

At least there is hope... :P

~Duck

2xBarrowsReward

Well, If I may, we do have our personal pages on our forums profiles that people can look at and comment on. Some people choose to put things in the about me section like progress bars and those nifty things that give updates about things you recently did in runescape. I find it a very interesting makeshift. Very clever to have thought up something that has been tossed around behind scenes for so long.

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

Well, If I may, we do have our personal pages on our forums profiles that people can look at and comment on. Some people choose to put things in the about me section like progress bars and those nifty things that give updates about things you recently did in runescape. I find it a very interesting makeshift. Very clever to have thought up something that has been tossed around behind scenes for so long.

Thanks for the feedback :P

~Duck

2xBarrowsReward