PID

Cheat

Is there anyway to tell if you have been assigned a good 'pid' other than outclicking another player?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

What does PID actually stand for?

kWMd.gifI0SK.gifSC6s.gifYI0G.gif

If you click on them they hatch or grow up faster and look awesomer!!!

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot. If you're one of the 42% of statistics that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig. In addition, 126.324% of the previous statement does not make sense.

I've only been back for a week but everyone in castle wars is as obsessed with PID as they were with IP's two or so years ago. You sure it no longer exists?

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Okay, all of you are wrong actually :3 You shouldn't worry about that too much though, since the only people who really ought to give a crap about PID are people who play cws too much (like myself)

For those of you who don't know what PID is: Basically, if two people try to pick up something at the same time (up to about a ~200ms difference), the one with the better PID gets it. This also applies to other things (like one person trying to walk through a door and another person closing it), but it gets complicated after that.

The RuneTek5 update changed how PID is determined from your IP address to random assignment when you log in. That means that if you get a good PID, you lose it as soon as you log out (though you might get lucky and get another good one when you get back)

You can't check the actual value of your PID, but you CAN compare it to that of other players. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it, though, so at first you will need a friend to help you.

First, follow your friend and have them take 1 step in any direction. take note of the amount of time between when they move and when you move. Stop following them, have them follow you, and do the same. There should be a noticeable difference in the time between movements (If there isn't repeat. If there still isn't, log out, log in, then repeat again). If it took longer for you to move when you were following them, you have the better PID. After a while you should be able to tell who has the better PID out of two people after only one person steps.

Anyway, if you have more castlewars-related questions, I highly suggest you take them to the CWC

Okay, all of you are wrong actually :3 You shouldn't worry about that too much though, since the only people who really ought to give a crap about PID are people who play cws too much (like myself)

For those of you who don't know what PID is: Basically, if two people try to pick up something at the same time (up to about a ~200ms difference), the one with the better PID gets it. This also applies to other things (like one person trying to walk through a door and another person closing it), but it gets complicated after that.

The RuneTek5 update changed how PID is determined from your IP address to random assignment when you log in. That means that if you get a good PID, you lose it as soon as you log out (though you might get lucky and get another good one when you get back)

You can't check the actual value of your PID, but you CAN compare it to that of other players. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it, though, so at first you will need a friend to help you.

First, follow your friend and have them take 1 step in any direction. take note of the amount of time between when they move and when you move. Stop following them, have them follow you, and do the same. There should be a noticeable difference in the time between movements (If there isn't repeat. If there still isn't, log out, log in, then repeat again). If it took longer for you to move when you were following them, you have the better PID. After a while you should be able to tell who has the better PID out of two people after only one person steps.

Anyway, if you have more castlewars-related questions, I highly suggest you take them to the CWC

Seems like you got an expert's answer here. I would like to add that PID is really something that just few people care about, as Laughmaster says, because it is not something that affects you very much in the game. A good PID or a bad PID just makes a difference of certain actions in between 200 ms, when you interact with other players.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yeh thanks Laughmaster, I was very into castle wars back when your PID was determined by your ip adress you know the best being ?.?.(a multiple of 8).0 . Now returning to runescape and castle wars after a year and a bit maybe even two years I was getting outclicked with a good IP and its good to know there still is a art to getting a good click on cw. Although from my time everybody in cw seems to have become obsessed with pking rather than scoring and defending and all the fun we used to have DGing outside your castle with your own flag has gone as the high level pkers just cade the whole castle and attacked anything that moves.

2mqj8rr.png