"working" for your levels.

konzserwas

Jagex has recently released some updates that give you extra xp without grinding, like effigies, bonus xp weekend, etc. And we immediatly saw people ranting about how they worked for their levels, and now some noobs gets them for free. Well i have news for you: Runescape is a game. Do what you enjoy, not what you "need" to do. In fact i have a problem with the whole concept of "needing" to train a skill.

The way I look at it, experience in Runescape is like the post counter on forums. The only purpose it really serves is to show who was around longer. Is clicking on a magic tree really more fun than clicking on an oak? Is clicking on an abyssal demon more fun than clicking on a goblin? No it's not. So just play the game and enjoy it, whatever your level is. And if you really feel that you are just working here, maybe it's time to quit?

2qcigdz.png

Good luck training any skill to 99 purely on effigies.

However bonus xp is a terrible idea and problem, but not for the "devaluing of achievements" complaint.

^did not understand what the thread was about :blink:

dumb.png

archsupportei2.png

The problem comes around in competitive activities. My complaint isn't with the fact that other people got their herb/summ/whatever faster, but instead, it's at the moment that they use said levels to run into the boss I'm soloing and take over my world. I did a really bad job of preparing for double exp weekend, got maybe an hour's worth of summoning out of it, and the rest just kinda fiddled around. Plenty of guys got to overloads, yaks, etc, at a fraction of the cost/effort that I spent/need to spend to try to stay competitive and now said guys are driving up prices (see torstol) and edging me out of worlds (see solo bandos/tds/dks). Now, I wish the game wasn't this way, and we would have been a lot better off with instanced bosses, but as it stands, it's a pretty zero sum game out there.

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

Dude no...

Yeah runescape is a game but it's all about getting the max exp and not letting the noobs have any. You don't play the game how I do. For me it is also a social environment on forums and in game where I can talk about game update issues with others, now that's something i'm really into.

Also, Exp shouldn't be about how long you have played for and wtf clicking on a magic tree is way more fun than clicking on an oak.

Magic trees:

Pretty, lots of people to talk to, lots of exp per log, more gp per log

oak trees:

crap

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about sorry. This is just absolute garbage.

I immeditely noticed with some of you that you are part of this NEW GENERATION of skillers that focus on nothing else but getting the most levels and experience in the fastest time possible.

So now, thanks to such activities as Stealing Creation and Soul Wars and skills such as Dungeoneering, Runescape attracts players whom only care about the levels and the wealth.

Do I really care? No, because I think of it as only a game. Go cry me a river and tell me that Runescape is your life's work and daily job.

Competition has taken the better of us.

I immeditely noticed with some of you that you are part of this NEW GENERATION of skillers that focus on nothing else but getting the most levels and experience in the fastest time possible.

So now, thanks to such activities as Stealing Creation and Soul Wars and skills such as Dungeoneering, Runescape attracts players whom only care about the levels and the wealth.

Do I really care? No, because I think of it as only a game. Go cry me a river and tell me that Runescape is your life's work and daily job.

Competition has taken the better of us.

You sure cry a damn lot about it for not caring.