Imallskillzy's Pro Guide to Tormented Demons

Imallskillzy

Note: I need YOU to post YOUR TDS solo logs and cool loot pictures! I will add it all under the Credits :lol:

Hello, and welcome to my Tormented Demons guide. For a year, I have searched the Internet for a good, up to date guide, but I have yet to find one that covers the better setups for higher levels, so I finally caved into my friends and clan to make my own guide and post it on TIF :ugeek: On to the guide....

~.: Table of Contents :.~

I. Requirements - What you need, and what you want

II. Tormented Demons? Whats that?

III. Gear - What best and whats not

IV. Inventories

V. Lures and Spots

VI. Extra Tips And FAQ

VII. Revision History

VIII. Credits

~.: I. Requirements :.~

You must have finished While Guthix Sleeps

Required (Most stats under these are not efficiant) ~ 10-25 kills an hour

80+ Attack

85+ Strength

90+ Defence

90+ Range

90+ Magic

70+ Prayer

79+ Summon

Recomended (Better, but not maxed) ~30-40 kills an hour

90+ Attack

95+ Strength

95+ Defence

95+ Range

95+ Magic

70+ Prayer

88+ Summon

Maxed (Best setup) ~ 60-70+ kills per hour

99 Attack

99 Strenght

99 Defence

99 Range

95+ Magic

95+ Prayer

99 Summon

96+ Herblore

~.: II. Tormented Demons? :.~

I will not include a section detailing the attacks and other minor things of the Demons, Tip it's monster database file on the Demons does a perfectly fine job of it seen here: http://www.tip.it/runescape/?rs2monster_id=1223

If you still have questions, please post and I will answer as soon as I can.

~.: III. Gear :.~

~NOTE~ If you find an error in these listings, please post, if I find you to be correct, I will fix the mistake and add your name to the Credits.

Also, I do not include void in these listings, I will go over this at the end of the section.

[hide=Helm]

Neit > Verac > Torag > Armadyl

Depending on your Defence level, Verac helm could take over Neit, but overall, Neit > Verac

Also, depending on your Magic and Range level, Arma could be taken over Torag, but Verac is still better for its prayer bonus.

[/hide]

[hide=Cape]

Soul Wars > Ava's Acc > Fire cape > Skillcape (t) > Skillcape

If your using expensive bolts (Diamond E or Ruby E) take Ava's over Soul wars.

[/hide]

[hide=Necklace]

Fury > Stole > Glory

Not much to say

[/hide]

[hide=Arrows/Bolts]

Hand Cannon shot > Diamond E > Ruby E > Broad

Broad are probally better just because their cheaper, but diamond e and ruby e have better stats / effects.

See the Range Weapon section about the handcannon vs rcbow

[/hide]

[hide=Primary Melee weapon]

Chaotic Longsword > Chaotic Rapier > Sgs > Ags > Bgs > Zgs > Whip

NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER use a dragon halberd. The only reason they were ever used at Tormented Demons is because their used to be safespots, now that all the good ones are gone, its TRASH.

Don't start on me about CLS vs. CR you need to switch attack styles every 310 damage anyways, so str > speed, I didn't include maul because its slower than a gs, and still takes away the shield slot.

[/hide]

[hide=Secondary Melee weapon]

D Claws > Sgs = Ags > Enhanced Excalibur > D hally

I find these a waste of inv space, but if you care to take them go for it. Yes yes, I put d hally in there, its spec can acually do something worth while, but I still advise using something else.

[/hide]

[hide=Primary Range weapon]

(Hand Cannon) > Rune Crossbow > Crystal Bow

Hand Cannon is a pain unless you have 95+ Fm, I find that at 85 I normally lose one per trip, maybe more, and other people i have talk to still have high explosion rates at 90.

If someone could provide me with infromation with the Chaotic C'bow, I would really appreciate it

[/hide]

[hide=Chest]

Armadyl > Karil's > black d'hide

Mage defence = win

[/hide]

[hide=Legs]

Armadyl > Karil's > Tassets > Verac's > Black d'hide

If you find you need more range defence use Verac's over anything else.

[/hide]

[hide=Shield]

Rune Defender > ESS = DSS > ASS = SSS > DFS > Blessed Spirit Shield > Dragon square > Obby = Granite

If you really need the defence put ESS DSS ASS SSS DFS and blessed spirit shield ahead of the Rune Defender, but the defender helps SO much when taking down the demon's shield.

[/hide]

[hide=Gloves]

'Barrows'

Do I need to explain?

[/hide]

[hide=Boots]

Dragon boots > Ranger > Snake Skin

Simple enough.

[/hide]

[hide=Ring]

Onyx i > Dragonstone i > Beskerer i > Archer i > Beskerer > Archer > Row/Explorers/Rol ect

The 'i' versions of the rings are from Moblizing Armies.

[/hide]

[hide=Summon Familiars]

Steel titan > Iron titan > Unicorn > Moss/Fire/Ice titan > Tort > Terrorbird

Steel and Iron titan's are for using their scrolls, which nearly always do over 310 damage, which is a HUGE time saver (Steel titan setups going at around 60-70 kills / hour).

[/hide]

My thoughts on void:

Void is epic at tormented demons, but the cost of defence stats is a major turn off for anyone under 90 defence, even at 91, I still get spanked pretty hard from time to time if I'm slow to switch prayers. Another thing to consider is the fact that you have to swap a helm and a weapon every 310 damage, which can be done fairly easily, but if your using a Godsword and a Shield (while ranging you weild the shield) you have to swap three things when you go from melee to range, which is a pain in the {wagon}. Even still, void takes 6+ hours to get, so if you lag on the way to your grave if you die, your in for a long time at pest control.

Also a note to high levels using a Iron or Steel titan: DON'T use void. You constantly have to keep your cursor on the summon button, and its a major annoyance to mess with the helm as well.

Use these points to decide if you want to use void or not

~.: IV. Inventories :.~

Please note: I myself do not have the Chaotic weapons, so I'm using a picture from the in-game dungeon 'guide', weither the picture is accurate or not I do not know. If someone could get me a picture of them with the Chaotic long or Rapier in their inv., I would love it :thumbsup:.

Don't mind my horribly fail way of faking my way around the fact that I don't have extreams or ovl, just don't look at the pictures too close :oops:

Also: I don't plan on putting the Equiptment screen in here, because I think its covered well enough in the last section for you to pick and choose your gear based on your stats and cash.

Depending on your stats and stuff, you may need to mix and match Invs. to get the best of of what you want to use (medium level using yak and ovl for example)

[hide=Medium level - BoB Inv.]

mid+bob.PNG

[/hide]

[hide=Medium level - Healing Titan Inv.]

mid+healing+titan.PNG

[/hide]

[hide=Medium level- Uni Inv.]

mid+uni.PNG

[/hide]

[hide=High level- Uni Inv.]

high+uni.PNG

[/hide]

[hide=High level- Iron titan Inv.]

high+iron.PNG

For those who can use the iron titan, its where TDS get easier (up to or over 65 kills an hour with iron ovl and turm).

Using this (or something similar) inv for iron titans, your replacing your melee attacks with the titan's special attack. This nearly 90% of the time hits over a combined 310.

Note: its insanly helpful to set your summon button to 'Cast -->' so you do not have to look through the right click menu every time.

[/hide]

[hide=High level- Steel titan Inv.]

high+steel.PNG

For those who can use the steel titan, its where TDS really get easy (up to or over 80 kills an hour with steel ovl and turm).

Using this inv (or something similar) for steel titans, your replacing your range attacks with the titan's special attack. This nearly 90% of the time hits over a combined 310.

Note: its insanly helpful to set your summon button to 'Cast -->' so you do not have to look through the right click menu every time.

[/hide]

[hide=High level- Yak Inv.]

high+yak.PNG

[/hide]

[hide=High level- Void Inv. + Setup]

high+void.PNG

[/hide]

~.: V. Lures and Spots :.~

Luring the demons is definantly something you need to do to keep from getting piled. Luring is fairly simple, but it can waste a few uni scrolls or a shark or two, so be careful. I recomend trying a 'test' run and just bring a full inv of sharks to test luring to get the hang of it, but its up to you.

main.PNG

Above is the main spot and I really think that this is the easyest spot to use.Next I will outline how to lure each of these demons so you can kill them safely. In the pictures that follow, the red rectangle and lines represent where the demon spawns, and should ove when you, the green X lines and circle (the circle being where you stand and the X being where you stand when the demon spanws.)

Eastern:

East+lure.PNG

Western:

west+lure1.PNG

Now with this above western demon, there is one major issue, the 'far west' demon.

far+west+lure.PNG

Seen above is a picture of the 'far west' demon further south than the demon that I was killing (the western demon). Seeing as it can attack me, I need to move it away. Run south west as I am in the picture, the far west demon spawns at the red X, while standing at the pink X you should be safe. Run north a bit to the blue X and then back to the pink X. Then your ready to run back to the safe area in the northeast section of the cavern.

The other area where you can kill TDS is the 'door' seen here.

door.PNG

Heres how to lure the 'far west' demon to the door so you can kill it (I'm still working on how to lure off any demons that attack you at the door besides 'far west'.)

Door+lure.PNG

~.: VI. Extra Tips And FAQ :.~

Use the F1 and F3 keys to swap from the Inv. and Prayer's screen, it really does save time.

Keep a few extra sapphire lanterns in your bank just incase you die, it is possible to get back to the cavern if you have an Angel of Death gravestone.

Be polite when hopping around trying to find a world, ask if you can kill the demon that someone else isn't and tell them when your about to leave.

There is an extreamly low chance that the demon will not swap attacks, so the best way to avoid taking damage is to swap prayers the second you see the emote that signals that the demon is changing attacks. Swap from Pro range to pro mage, and pro mage to pro range, because the demons melee attack dosn't hit very often, then if you see the demon using melee, swap again.

Flash piety / turmoil while using darklight, it speeds up taking down the sheild sooo much.

Flash soul split to heal you without waisting too much prayer.

ALWAYS swap protection prayers FIRST THEN weapons, taking a couple 100s is worse than hitting a couple 0s

Keep auto retaliate OFF

Q. Why do you hate on the d hally?

A. Its horribly slow (slower than a godsword) and hits horribly low.

Q. I found a mistake!

A. Post it and I'll fix it and add your name to the Credits :smile:

Q. Will you duo with me?

A. I normally don't duo, and most of the time I only do TDS for a week or so, then go off and do something else, sorry :wall:

Q. Have you gotten anything cool from TDS?

A. I have!

claws.PNG

claws+2.PNG

Dragon+Lump.PNG

Q. What is the rate of Dclaws?

A. I've seen pretty much every major TDS nerd say around 150-200.

Q. I still have a question!

A. Post it and I'll help you :cool:

Q. Why are these any good besides Dclaws?

A. They have a high blue charm rate, and I think they're pretty fun :^_^:

Q. Do you have a TDS log?

A. I do! Please note that this is solo only, and I only log (start like half way) blue and crims charms. Herb and Seed pack refere to a drop of random seed or herbs that they drop.

[hide=Log]

1. death runes

2. rune mace green

3. claws crims

4. laws blues

5. 12k

6. deaths

7. herb pack crims

8. rune sword crims

9. sharks

10. seed pack

11. fire tallys

12. herb pack

13. rune mace

14. sharks blues

15. fire tallys

16. rune sword

17. deaths

18. super defs blues

19. diamonds blues

20. lavas

21. super defs blues

22. lavas

23. laws blues

24. super defs greens

25. 9.9k

26. addy bars X 3

27. addy baxe blues

28. super defs crims

29. seed pack blues

30. seed pack crims

31. 9.6k crims

32. lavas crims

33. herb pack greens

34. deaths

35. herb pack

36. diamonds crims

37. rune sq greens

38. diamonds

39. fire tallys

40. 10.8k blues

41. rune sword

42. diamonds greens

43. herb pack blues

44. addy bars x5 blues

45. deaths blues

46. deaths blues

47. addy bars x 3 blues

48. lavas

49. diamonds

50. lavas

51. super defs blues

52. herb pack crims

53. rune mace crims

54. diamonds

55. rune mace crims

56. seed pack

57. lavas blues effigy

58. lavas greens

59. rune mace crims

60. seed pack

61. addy bar crims

62. seed pack

63. seed pack

64. adamant baxe

65. rune mace blues

66. sharks blues

67. deaths blues

68. rune mace blues

69. fire tallys

70. 11k

70. lavas crims

72. adamant battle axe

73. 10k cash crims

74. lavas crims

75. super def crims

76. rune mace blues

77. addy baxe blues

78. rune mace

79. rune mace

80. lavas crims

81. deaths

82. seed pack blues

83. herb pack

84. diamonds blues

85. super def blues

86. sharks blues

87. nothing

88. adamant bars blues

89. adamant baxe blues

90. herb pack blues

91. rune sq

92. bloods blues

93. rune sward crims

94. fire tallys

95. fire tallys blues

96. laws blues

97. fier tallys crims

98. seed pack blues

99. adamant baxe blues

100. fire tallys

101. adamant baxe

102. rune sword crims

103. seed pack

104. rune mace crims

105. seed pack

106. adamant baxe

107. seed pack blues

108. rune mace

109. 12k

110. rune sword crims

111. diamonds crims

112. nothing

113. daimonds

114. sharks blues

115. rune mace crims

116. diamonds blues

117. herb pack

118. deaths crims

119. deaths blues

120. addy bars blues

121. adamant baxe crims

123. lavas blues

124. super defs

125. lavas blues

126. adamant baxe

127. rune mace blues

128. sharks

129. lavas blues

130. diamonds

131. lavas blues

132. rune med helm

133. rune sq

134. lavas blues

[/hide]

~.: VII. Revision History :.~

Month/Day/Year - Did what?

7/18/10 - Wrote the main core of the guide and posted on TIF. Later finished the guide up to a point, where as iI posted it under the 'general guides' hope to see it do well :pray:

~.: VIII. Credits :.~

Contributor - What they did

Tip It - Hosted the guide on their forums and let me link the guide to their TDS monster database.

Jagex - Created RuneScape =D>

Me - For writing the guide on a Sunday :wall:

You- For reading the guide and leaving your great comments and thoughts, I couldn't do it without YOU!

Click here for Imallskillzy's Guide to Soloing Tormented Demons!

Imallskillzy.png

Imallskillzy: 5,873rd to 99 Crafting

Qpc as of 1/14/10

I didn't find this guide to be helpful. You have some wrong information and you don't provide any detailed instruction on using a steel titan properly.

Instead of just saying you didn't like it, you could say what information was wrong, and how you suggest I improve the guide, but thank you for pointing out I've forgotten the steel and iron titan section, I should have that up later.

Imallskillzy.png

Qpc as of 1/14/10

Mai I ask for the 'High level- Uni Inv' what r the red and green potions?

My states r 90 att/str/def/range, 82pray, 88sm, what is the approximate kills per hour if I am doing well?

Mai I ask for the 'High level- Uni Inv' what r the red and green potions?

the red potions are super prayer and the green are extreme range.

Thank you Druss4life for answering the question ;p

as for your kills per hour, I would have to guess around 30 or so, maybe more if you can use extremes. Have fun ;p

Imallskillzy.png

Qpc as of 1/14/10

Question: Do you have any firsthand experience killing tormented demons at max combat? Your stats are far from pro, so I don't understand why you're writing a "pro" guide to killing tormented demons without having any actual experience killing them in a "pro" fashion.

You should rename your guide "Imallskillzy's Average Guide to Tormented Demons" and erase all of the sections using equipment, supplies, or familiars that you don't have the levels to use.

I know I'm being harsh, but I'd much rather read a guide by Losing Games or Wooox16 on this subject. Your guide will actually fall into a useful niche if you do what I suggest, as you do have a lot of useful information for someone who hasn't been to TDs.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

80 million guides out there to hunting tormented demons, and this one seems to be the 2nd worst. 1/2 the information is wrong/inefficient, the other half is knowledge that eeeeeveryone already knows about, making it both repetitive and a bit annoying. I'd be up for suggesting renaming the guide to 'Imallskillzy's opinion of how to kill tormented demons'. 2/10 on the guide, and if I seem harsh, just be entirely happy that you didn't create a bad PVP guide...mage-assicred a guy 6 months ago because of it...lol

div>

80 kills is probably impossible, even if you used recover specs and d claws (which you don't suggest for some reason).

Most I have been able to reach is about 50 an hour, but with a chaotic weapon I could see 55, MAYBE 60 if you used recover specs.

I have pretty craptastic TD stats (only 87 range sticks out as the most damning), but I can get like 20 kills an hour fairly easily.

TDs are one of the few boss monsters that you CAN do with welfare gear very effectively - even with bare minimum reqs like 80/80/80 melees and 80 range, it's very good profit/hr compared to other ways of making money at that level.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

• 4 weeks later...

I see alot of replys with "80 kills an hour is impossible." Just because you havent killed more then 50 in an hour does not mean it is impossible. It isnt a cake walk but its not like Imallskillzy said a rediculous number of 500 kills an hour..

Here is a video of someone easily dropping a td in 14 seconds, assuming it would take him 5 seconds to pick up loot, pot. Then another 5 seconds to start attacking the next td, that still ends up to be 2 kills per minute at "BEST" leveling out to 120 which that would be overkill and even I would claim 120 impossible due to the calculations not including human error, re banking ( because without packyack you'd have to do at least 1 trip if not 2. If 2 bank trips thats 10 minutes run time 2 minutes unknown leaving 24 tds out of the 120 without including previously said "human error" and the casual wait time of repotting with special weapon energy potions <.< ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osq0zAd5A10

-------

Overall I would like to see more options in your guide aswell as tips for players who have trouble prayer switching against tds. I myself end up needing more food then prayer potions because of that. D hally while not being the "best" weapon to bring to td's is nice for those who enjoy the rare occasion when your a space away and the demon wants to melee you, I agree without good stats it normally hits low though, but still a cheap weapon for those who cant afford godswords or do not have 80 dungeoneering. While you may not duo them yourself, theres many solo guides out there already and people with lower stats are more prone to be accepting of the duo idea if other guides such as yours catered to that by listing some possible setups and ideas for them.

Last but not least your "High level void" picture/gear setup shows the person wearing broads/rune crossbow if I recall correctly with a handcannon in their inventory yet no hand cannon shots to be found in either pictures.

my first pk i got a addy mace... and i still posted it, why? Because I was proud..

First off that vid was based on lucky hits. Someone killed kbd in 5 seconds. Does that mean you kill 720 kbd an hour? Someone killed bandos in like 4 hits. Does that mean you kill 100 bandos an hour? Son, they don't even spawn fast under 20 seconds.

Second off, do you except to have a full spec bar every kill? You can except 25 specs an hour if you operate on perfect efficiency, and about half his damage come off specs.

Third off he didn't show darklighting. On average you hit like 2-4 hits with range which is 10 seconds or so, and another 2-4 hits with melee which adds another 8 seconds.

Fourth you forgot how long it takes to find a world/deal with crashers, tds are almost as crowded as bandos, and crashers can just lure all tds to you it doesn't take someone with lvl 138 and ovls/turm/chaotic to crash you at tds, it's just who has the most patience and most high level players would not want to wait 5 mins for some idiot crasher to leave.

I don't believe you have ever tried using a steel titan there yourself, and I have no doubt in my mind that the author has not. Judging from his stats, and his assumption that 90% of the time the steel titan spec knocks off the shield, and a lack of a steel titan luring section (Because they are different than the inefficient methods), one can assume that the author is just either making this stuff up or getting it from friends that are exaggerating.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, after having a couple months to play with various things, I'm back and thinking of redoing the guide to make it less "what you could do" and more what "I have done and will do" Though I refuse to take out some of the setups, simply because a baboon could figure them out (swap supers for xtr for example). Also in regards to the 80 kills an hour, that would be a typo I missed, it was ment to be 65-70 kills a hour (which is possible, I've seen it happen with my own eyes in-game). Please expect a revamp in the next couple weeks.

On another note, thank you to anyone who has provided CONSTRUCTIVE critisism and not just trolled the crap out of my thread.

~Imallskillzy

Imallskillzy.png

Qpc as of 1/14/10

having false information can be an innocent mistake, and does not deserve excessive flaming

refusing to correct the false information, and defending it even when it's been shown to be false, is malicious and deserves the "flaming" you are getting

i would like to see the video of someone getting 65-70 kills an hour.

having false information can be an innocent mistake, and does not deserve excessive flaming

refusing to correct the false information, and defending it even when it's been shown to be false, is malicious and deserves the "flaming" you are getting

i would like to see the video of someone getting 65-70 kills an hour.

I would even want to see a 40-50 kill video

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png