How to not get keylogged.

123Yourgone

Download Process guard 3 from diamondcs.com.au

Register it, (yes you have to pay).

Disable global hooks, then you will never get keylogged again. :wink:

And WinAmp global hotkeys will probably cease to work (along with Bob knows how many other programs), and browser hijackers will still be able to log your rs pass. Good job, lad, good job indeed.

Or you could actually try running the program before running your mouth. :?

It prompts you if you want to allow it to run, for winamp you click yes, for keylogger you click no..

If you run process guard, peer guardian and zone alarm you are almost impossible to hack, The Riaa (via media sentry) gave up after 5 hours of attempts on my system.

or you could just not download anything that might be dodgy. Running regular anti virus and spyware scans is also helpful.

Thats about the best advice possible to give, but i expect the majority to ignore it hence they should download peer guardian process guard and zone alarm :wink:

Just Get A Firewall Zone Alarm Or One Of Those Things You Get Free in a Magazine. They work for me! :D

u mean anti-spyware and stuff like that e.g. ad-aware and spybot-search and destroy, firewall isnt gonna do 2 much in this case but a firewall like zone alarm is still very crucial!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

Actually a properly working and configured firewall is THE most crucial thing to have if a keylogger is installed on your system somehow

dont forget , once it gets what it needs , it has to send the info to the jerk who configured it, a properly installed firewall and a somewhat intelligent user could easily prevent that packet of information to be sent from his/her computer

obviously the best bet would to be just dont get a keylogger installed on your system , but people make mistakes ...

And just to credit 123yourgone , Process Gaurd is actually a VERY good and useful program if configured properly :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

And just to credit 123yourgone , Process Gaurd is actually a VERY good and useful program if configured properly :)

Finally some one who knows how damn useful it is posts :)

Seriously people, process guard will make your system 10 times as secure once you have it configured correctly.

Finally some one who knows how damn useful it is posts :)

Seriously people, process guard will make your system 10 times as secure once you have it configured correctly.

I didn't say it wasn't useful. I said people should do the obvious things to protect their systems first.

sig2ho7.jpg

Err, let's get one thing straight. I never even commented on how good the actual program was. I was just pointing out that what you said in your first post was absolute rubbish. One program is not enough to keep you safe. Common sense works much better.

Anyhow... can I ask how the RIAA even got onto your computer if you were actually running a good firewall?

:roll: Darn how did that MULTIMILLION DOLLAR CORPERATION get past my firewall...

Err, let's get one thing straight. I never even commented on how good the actual program was. I was just pointing out that what you said in your first post was absolute rubbish. One program is not enough to keep you safe. Common sense works much better.

Try reading the post again, did i SAY you only need 1 program, NO.

But despite that fact it is impossible to be keylogged if you have process guard registered and configured properly, how exactly have you tried to help this community?

OMGGFD YOU GOT HAXD YOU DOWNSLAOED TE MACREOR!!

Id rather actually give some advice that can actually help people without having 2 dozen morons jump all over me.

Next time you try and help people out ill flame the [cabbage] out of you and see how you like it maybe?

:roll: Darn how did that MULTIMILLION DOLLAR CORPERATION get past my firewall...

If somebody got past your firewall, it means that your computer has been compromised. Its not like they can just throw money at your computer until they get in- a firewall will, if not crippled by malware or the user, block anything.

*cough*firefox*cough*

lol, j.p. (just playing)

i don't know if it really protects against that, but i know i've never been hacked, so something must be working right.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

If somebody got past your firewall, it means that your computer has been compromised. Its not like they can just throw money at your computer until they get in- a firewall will, if not crippled by malware or the user, block anything.

Posting is not advised when you know nothing at all, there is no 100% secure method of protection.

For example last year many hackers switched over to ack tunneling trojans that bypassed pretty much any software firewall on the market.

There will always be exploits and there will always be people using them, and a billion dollar corperation can afford all the programmers and hackers they need to get the job done.

Do you know the fastest way to get a job with the pentagon? hack into there systems, any one who manages to do it is guarenteed a job.

No system in the world is 100% secure.

Except one that is unplugged :)

Sorry i HAD to say it , i'm in silly mode tonight :lol:

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

There will always be exploits and there will always be people using them.

yeh I mean linux and macs would have holes in it. it's just the case of who wants to hack it. Most people in this world hack windows... the reason? because most people uses windows.

If linux and windows swapped places then i think linux will be the one that needs to be updated every 2nd week of the month (7th-15th of the month - thats when microsoft usually have an update).

just my opinion. and it also depends on the user.

If the user is a regular at adult sites their chances of getting infected will be higher than people that uses their computer for work.

Posting is not advised when you know nothing at all, there is no 100% secure method of protection.

For example last year many hackers switched over to ack tunneling trojans that bypassed pretty much any software firewall on the market.

There will always be exploits and there will always be people using them, and a billion dollar corperation can afford all the programmers and hackers they need to get the job done.

Do you know the fastest way to get a job with the pentagon? hack into there systems, any one who manages to do it is guarenteed a job.

Ack tunneling allows a cracker to contact trojans already installed on a system. They will not install malware. Further, they only work on badly configured firewalls which allow ACK passthrough.

If ACK tunneling is being used, the computer has already been compromised. Try reading my post next time.

No system in t Further, they only work on badly configured firewalls which allow ACK passthrough.

When ack tunneling first came out NO fire wall was configured to block ack.

That was the point i was making, try reading my post before you reply to it.

Firewalls do NOT block everything, if you truly think they do then you live in a box.

Otherwise every one in the world would have a firewall and no one would ever be hacked again, sorry but the world isnt flat.

When ack tunneling first came out NO fire wall was configured to block ack.

That was the point i was making, try reading my post before you reply to it.

Firewalls do NOT block everything, if you truly think they do then you live in a box.

Otherwise every one in the world would have a firewall and no one would ever be hacked again, sorry but the world isnt flat.

You missed where ACK tunneling only has a point when your computer is already infected.

Firewalls can block everything. That wouldn't stop people from downloading trojans from IMs or EMail.