forum based card/board games

Was thinking it'd be fun to play chess, checkers, connect 4, Yahtzee, euchre on a forum... maybe even something a bit more complicated like MTG or Yugioh.

However each game would require its own thread, and could clog up any other forum if it gets popular enough.

Board games wouldn't be as difficult to play as card games (no need for a random or hidden component), but I'm pretty sure with a "referee" anything can be worked out.

[hide=How a game like Yugioh could be played out on a forum:]

Both players must declare the contents of their deck prior to a match.

Each player is then allowed to randomly (and secretly) assign a key, 1 to the size of their deck, for each card in their deck.

The players then must give the "map" (key-card combos) to the referee.

When a draw is required, the opponent designates a key of their choosing (which might as well be random) of a card to be drawn.

When a card enters the field, the key combination is revealed. If revealed cards need to be shuffled back into the deck, the owner is allowed to reassign keys to their deck, provided they make it known to the referee.

The referee's job is to make sure each player is honest, and can declare a winner based on dishonesty.

[/hide]

Obviously this process could be very time consuming, and might be tricky for some games. Forum's success would be based upon how many users remain active in it...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

If you want to try to set up such a game, it could be done in Forum Games. But like you said, it sounds like it would be very difficult to run and keep players interested.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

For all your forum games' needs not including real life video games, board games, etc.!

I figured by description that wasn't the place to do it? :grin:

♪♪ And I'm not done

Although I'd have nothing against it, a card game would be too much. :P

Now that you mention it, though, it'd be pretty interesting to get some Mafia games organized.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

For all your forum games' needs not including real life video games, board games, etc.!

Well if you wanted to attempt to PLAY a board game through the forum, that would be the place to do it. If you wanted to DISCUSS video games, board games, etc. Forum Games is not the place to do it :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Well if you wanted to attempt to PLAY a board game through the forum, that would be the place to do it. If you wanted to DISCUSS video games, board games, etc. Forum Games is not the place to do it :)

then maybe I need to change my petition to have it be a sub forum! :shades:

♪♪ And I'm not done

then maybe I need to change my petition to have it be a sub forum! :shades:

I think we should wait and see how successful it is in Forum Games before thinking about adding any subforums :)

Posted Image