Falador Library-NEW POLL

Wisp

Future of the Library   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Tavern becomes main forum, Library a Subforum, Rusco is deleted, but can be brought back on request
    • Tavern becomes main forum, Library a Subforum, Rusco is merged into 1 thread (mostly), which cannot be undone (reasonably)
    • Tavern become the only forum
    • Other

As evidenced, I moved 19 threads from the library as a test to this forum, and I see no difference at all (I can always move them back if needed). If spammers "Invade" that's what moderators and Admins are for.

For the record, this wasn't even an Admin's idea.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If intelligent spammers invade then the moderators and admin are powerless to stop them without becoming biased, but I guess that intelligent spammers would just apply for membership to Falador Library as well and then spam stuff then too.

Ah well, I am still of the opinion that the Library should be kept, or it should be deleted/archived....Since merging the forums brings two totally different entities together, same as merging the hegemony threads.

No real negatives or positives unless it was ever actually used, in which case it would confuse things.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I honestly think the Library should be a subforum. Combining things that were meant to be separate just doesn't seem right to me, I guess the Library could be deleted though. Please, I would like it if you could move back all the threads, and I hope the forums don't get merged.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Would this be an acceptable decision:

New forum: Falador Archives

Rusco & Library merged into Archives.

All "Historical" threads go to that forum. So, Dungeoneering( If it's not revived), all the successful Hegemony descendants, etc. and are stickied. Very old threads also go to that forum, but aren't stickied, so they fall to the bottom.

That sound reasonable?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

thats a great idea,doom. me be a liking it.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Would this be an acceptable decision:

New forum: Falador Archives

Rusco & Library merged into Archives.

All "Historical" threads go to that forum. So, Dungeoneering( If it's not revived), all the successful Hegemony descendants, etc. and are stickied. Very old threads also go to that forum, but aren't stickied, so they fall to the bottom.

That sound reasonable?

Rusco needs to stay grouped.

[Falador tavern]

Personally I would still prefer either merging everything, since it would be unnoticeable, or "deleting" old stuff. The reason it's in quotations is that nothing is ever really deleted, and can always be recovered on request.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Merging is worse than deleting.

If you delete something it is gone, if someone wants to bring it back then they have their memories and are not constrained by what may have happened.

If you merge something then it isn't really gone, so you can't bring it back...and detangling takes an age to do so you are in a wound up mood before you even start playing.

And there is no real benefit to merging everything anyway...any more than there is a benefit from taking a filing cabinet full of files and emptying all the files into a pile.

Only Benefit: Pile is smaller than the Filing Cabinet.

Keep it as it is now. Enough with the clutter and crap. Once again the admin tries taking a dump on the tavern-ers. The only thing that would be better is if the tavern was the main forum, with the others subforums.

Rise, Comrade of Fight! Evil Kapitalist diktators secretly infiltrating Tip.it for korperete scheme. They work for Amerika. They live in Amerika.

Beware, for they are evil.

There shall be uprising. Keep Falador Tavern separate! Preserve our national heritage! Arise Comrades, join Great Red Army.

We shall not fall victim like sleep led to slaughter by hungry imperialist Nazi wolves. We shall be the place where glorious Great Soviet revolution take place.

Вставай, проклятьем заклеймённый,

Весь мир голодных и рабов!

Кипит наш разум возмущённый

И в смертный бой вести готов.

Весь мир насилья мы разрушим

До основанья, а затем

Мы наш, мы новый мир построим, —

Кто был ничем, тот станет всем.

TRANSLATE:

Arise, people of starvation

The whole world is hungry and slaves!

Keepit our mind disturbed

And in mortal combat ready.

The world of violence, we destroy

On the ground, and then

We have ours, we will build new world -

Who was nothing become everything.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

You mispelled Komrade.

Also, did you vote?

Thanks komrade. I still learning English. Sorry if it isn't too good. Many English speaker say I am nearly as fluent as 90% of people on internet.

Живите долго и процветать

(Sorry didn't know how to say in English.)

TRANSLATE:

Live long an have prosper.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

So at this point here are the possible options:

Delete Falador Library and Rusco

Merge Falador Library and Rusco, switch those to a subforum of this (Probably not happening, defeats the purpose of the change almost)

Merge all into Falador Tavern, which, for the record, would be pretty much unnoticeable to us.

Falador Archive-Still leaves us with an extra, and mostly pointless subforum.

Even though the tavern and Library were planned to be different things, that's not how it turned out, so in the end they're basically the same. What's a reason for not merging other than sentimental reasons, or it 'not feeling right'

As it stands now, no one plays or uses any thread or game in Rusco, or the Falador Library, so keeping them as they are now would be pointless. And no, this isn't Admins trying to take more power away, if you've noticed they recently merged a few forums in the runescape section, and do this whenever forums 'die'

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

What's a reason for not merging other than sentimental reasons, or it 'not feeling right'

Because it achieves nothing.

Because it makes a mess if anyone then restarts any of the threads.

Because moving stuff around, merging stuff and generally messing around either makes no difference or creates problems.

Not moving stuff around does nothing.

Delete Falador Library and Rusco

Merge Falador Library and Rusco, switch those to a subforum of this (Probably not happening, defeats the purpose of the change almost)

Merge all into Falador Tavern, which, for the record, would be pretty much unnoticeable to us.

Falador Archive-Still leaves us with an extra, and mostly pointless subforum.

So our options no longer include not screwing around with things?

Also, what is the purpose of this change? Space saving? Making the forum look tidy?

The actual benefit of doing any of that is non-existant since Rusco and Falador Library take up 3 words on the index.

It gets rid of Forum Clutter.

How does it make a mess? If anything, it makes it more viable. If someone decides to restart a thread from Falador Library, if it was still in the Library, nothing would come of it. If someone tried to restart, for example, Alanmark, while it was in Falador Tavern, it would actually have a chance for it to work.

It's just basically tif policy to not have old defunct forums sitting around for no reason.

I don't see the purpose of having a forum that's been abandoned for essentially a year still around. The reasoning for not doing it is just that someone might revive a roleplaying thread from a vaguely different roleplaying thread, apparently causing mass pandemonium.

As said by a mod earlier on in the thread, it's tip.it policy to reevaluate forums every now and again and see if it makes more sense for some to be merged, deleted, etc.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Good to know.

Though I would say that things are often kept seperate for a reason.

The Library is a quiet place to craft a post over a number of days, where as the Tavern is more quickfire.

Also the Tavern is competitive, you only need to look at Hegemony or Dungeoneering to realise that....In dungeoneering we didn't even go one day without the group exploding and burning down a nearby inn...

If you compare that to Rusco you would find stark differences.

But that was why the Library was set up, to get away from the people who went 'Har I have killed another player'...and since moderators and mods now both lack the ability to kick someone out of games, as it is total barbarism, according to the admin, the only real hope for a peaceful story to survive is to go undetected by those who wish to destroy.

So restarting Alanmark or Rusco in the Tavern would be an impossibility...since just anyone could appear out of nowhere and kill another player, then, if anyone complained, the mod would be powerless to stop them as they could just report the mod for barbarism and thus force the mod to accept the situation....

And since the Admin and Moderators are entirely unbiased in these affairs it would be impossible for them to make a judgement as to what was reasonable and what was unreasonable...indeed the only function that any decent and/or proper admin/moderator could do in that situation would be side with the person who made the complaint as the mod would clearly be flaming or making a personal attack on the player...since it is the player's choice how they play, and no one can force them to play in a different way because that is who they are...and forcing them out is only going to engender hostility and potentially more flame...thus, for the sakes of the forum, the admin MUST side with the complainer, regardless of circumstances.

Thus Falador Library is a total neccessity, a vital redoubt for the calm and cool roleplayer.

One which I intend to use to the fullest advantage :grin: