Falador Library-NEW POLL

Wisp

Future of the Library   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Tavern becomes main forum, Library a Subforum, Rusco is deleted, but can be brought back on request
    • Tavern becomes main forum, Library a Subforum, Rusco is merged into 1 thread (mostly), which cannot be undone (reasonably)
    • Tavern become the only forum
    • Other

Falador Library and Rusco have remained unused for quite some time, would anyone have any qualms with adjusting the forum's layout, so we don't have a few unused forums?

If we like, we could merge the Library into the Tavern, and have the Tavern be the main forum, rather than a subforum.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Library has been unused for two months, and that was basically just people asking if anyone else was still around. Falador Library hasn't seen real activity though since about 9 months ago. Rusco has been slightly more active, with a few scattered posts two months ago.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

That's kinda how it should work though, if no one has played one of their roleplays (which are actually less 'hardcore' than many of ours in terms of gameplay) since September of last year, then I don't see any real reason for them to have a spot on any front page. If someone wants to find or revive one, they can find them pretty easily, this forum only has a few pages of topics.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Being a forum instead of a subforum would get us more exposure. After all, when you get to the Falador Library page, you basically stop and turn back.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

:D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I'm with Rocco.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I completly agree with Rocco, as Archi said it would cause outrage to all the people that wanted an advanced roleplaying section and merging would just cause confusion.

[Falador tavern]

Reason being? Falador Library has not had any posts in games since 10 months ago. I don't think there's going to be a massive outcry.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Reason being? Falador Library has not had any posts in games since 10 months ago. I don't think there's going to be a massive outcry.

It just wouldn't be a good idea to merge because players of Rusco will probably hate being disordered.

And people could come back.

[Falador tavern]

That's why there's an option to keep Rusco seperate.

Personally, I support the following:

Remove the outdated Falador Libary, and all threads from there go to falador tavern. All purposes of the Library are served by the Tavern, and it's inactivity shows that.

Rusco is a subforum, should that game ever be restarted.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

maybe. id prefer the tavern being switched with the library. for some reason, taverns get more visuits than libraries.. even now...

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

It would be stupid to do any merge with this, it would unnecessarily clutter the forum. Thread Necromancers could really mess things up, it's best for everyone if the library is a subforum.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It would be stupid to do any merge with this, it would unnecessarily clutter the forum. Thread Necromancers could really mess things up, it's best for everyone if the library is a subforum.

Thread's merged do not go to the top of the page. All of the threads from that forum would go straight to the last page, and be completely unnoticeable. There is honestly no reason to keep a subforum/forum that no one has used for a year. Thread necromancers would cause havoc, if anyone actually were to have some reason to necro a post. Which they don't. And if they do, it's simple to deal with for a moderator if the post is unnecessary.

Falador Library is defunct, there is no reason for it to be it's own subforum, or forum, since no one uses it. Everything in that forum is covered by this forum, so a merge makes perfect sense.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Doom, would you ever consider merging the hegemony v2 and v1 together so that their is more space on the sticky area? You could edit the first page to include rules from both and give a bit of information about what the two hegemonys because all it is now is a showcase of events, merging the two together would be great. And do we still need for your information?

[Falador tavern]

Doom, would you ever consider merging the hegemony v2 and v1 together so that their is more space on the sticky area? You could edit the first page to include rules from both and give a bit of information about what the two hegemonys because all it is now is a showcase of events, merging the two together would be great. And do we still need for your information?

Done.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Doom, then why not delete the Library?

Or better yet, the Falador Archives!

We could move old, unused roleplays as well as the Hegemony stickies there so that they don't clutter the Tavern, but they don't get deleted. It would be perfect, providing inspirations and glimpses of history while keeping the Tavern current and easy to navigate. Why not do that?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Doom, then why not delete the Library?

Or better yet, the Falador Archives!

We could move old, unused roleplays as well as the Hegemony stickies there so that they don't clutter the Tavern, but they don't get deleted. It would be perfect, providing inspirations and glimpses of history while keeping the Tavern current and easy to navigate. Why not do that?

For the same reason why we don't delete every thread that hasn't been used lately. We only have 5 pages worth of threads even if we merge the forums, so an Archive forum is unnecessary. Also, I doubt you've noticed, but I just, for reference, moved a good 20 threads from Falador Library to Tavern (I can easily move them back if needed). The forum is not in any way more cluttered.

However, an Archive Thread would be possible, where I make a list of all the successful but defunct roleplays, and then make a thread with links to all of them, that way we don't have an unnecessary forum, and clutter is dealt with.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It just seems wrong, Doom. I don't know why...

But I think an archive would be cool. The only reason not to make is that it would probably take a little work on the part of whoever it is that handles threadmaking on this forum, and it would be cool to have our history in one place.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

On a cosmetic note would the merged forums be named the falador library or the falador tavern? That being said I kind of support the flipping around of the positions of the sub forums (ie the library becomes a sub forum of the tavern)

LNYvk.png

Well, the admins in general don't like leaving unused forums/subforums sitting around forever, even if it might "clutter" another forum.

As a test, I moved most of the Falador Library threads into this forum, to see if it's at all noticeable. It's not, in my opinion, so the only real change would be that we would no longer be a subforum.

The Merged forums would probably be called the Falador Tavern.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Keep it as it is now. Enough with the clutter and crap. Once again the admin tries taking a dump on the tavern-ers. The only thing that would be better is if the tavern was the main forum, with the others subforums.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Personally, Rusco should be merged with Falador Library and the Library made a subforum of this one.

That way the history is preserved, everywhere is less cluttered and if the tavern was ever invaded by spammers, we would have the option to retreat.

I don't know, it all seems rather worthless to me. Falador Tavern stands to gain nothing.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Once again the admin tries taking a dump on the tavern-ers.

We're not pushing anything on you guys. There's a reason that we're getting your opinions. However there is absolutely no point in keeping the Library right now, other than for sentimental purposes. We regularly examine ALL forums/subforums across all of Tip.it for removal, revival, etc. Just a few weeks ago we removed/merged a bunch of forums due to inactivity. Given the lack of posting in that forum (i.e. the fact that there hasn't been a roleplay there in MONTHS), there would be absolutely no noticeable differences if we were to merge the two forums. You wouldn't even notice the extra threads because they would go straight to the last page.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog