Decent free web page space

All I'm looking for is a place where I can play around with my html a bit, maybe host a couple small files, put up a few pictures. Free of course. I don't know if this would be something like a google site, freewebs, whatever. Any suggestions?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Yeah I dunno, I just want something really simple where I can make an account, open up and editor and start typing in html. :mellow: I guess maybe google, freewebs, etc. are just as good (bad?) as each other, I was just curious if anyone had one they liked.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

Well, you could easily use something like Notepad, or Notepad++ for the coding part, then upload it to the host... I'm not really sure if ULMB has it's own editor or not, but it's a fairly decent free host otherwise.

Then again, freewebs is okay, too. Never tried it myself, though I'll give it a go I guess.

EDIT: Tried freewebs for a bit....Didn't really like it... I didn't really see any advertisement with it, and the short .webs.com was fairly nice. Though it seems kind of basic.

I still suggest ULMB. It has some advertising, in the form of a pop-up on occasion (I never got any pop-ups from it, myself...), and it also has a fairly short url. sitename.ulmb.com if I remember correctly. It holds a fairly nice amount of stuff, and you can even add email addresses for sites you've created.

untitled6kv7.gif

sterlite.png

Sterlite.png

I've always used 000webhost for my small projects. It has some more complex features that you'd obviously want to avoid, but using the Control Panel you could easily upload files / images just to play around with. (It's got no adverts too!) :)

The file-manager, like most actually now, has an editor built-in too - if you're not looking for any advanced features from an editor.

If you're not looking to get into server side scripting you can test/play around on your own machine.

Even then if you want to do server side scripting it's not that difficult to set up an apache installation.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Thanks guys. I think I may end up using something like webs or maybe 000webhost and then [LikelyScam] to shorten up the link.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

You shouldn't use the [LikelyScam], it has a bad reputation.

:thumbup: Thanks. Bad rep for what?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

[LikelyScam] extensions had a bad rep in the early 00's for being used by a lot of phishing sites etc, but recently I believe .com and .net have become more widely used for that and [LikelyScam] isn't significantly worse than any other extension.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Install WAMP (Easy to setup web server) and do all your test projects locally without using the internet at all. That is how I test everything before I add it to my own website to save on bandwidth usage.

Just buy a domain from GoDaddy. I bought a few .info's and .com's and I have never had an issue. The annual cost for a .info is 2 dollars and a .com is 7 dollars with promo codes.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

You shouldn't use the [LikelyScam], it has a bad reputation.

:thumbup: Thanks. Bad rep for what?

Considering it's easy to register a [LikelyScam] domain you get tons of idiots using them to attempt to scam and other things. Some people will avoid [LikelyScam] domains because it is so easy to run into a scam on them.

1.png
generic_signature.png

I've always used 000webhost for my small projects. It has some more complex features that you'd obviously want to avoid, but using the Control Panel you could easily upload files / images just to play around with. (It's got no adverts too!) :)

The file-manager, like most actually now, has an editor built-in too - if you're not looking for any advanced features from an editor.

I would definitely recommend 000webhost as well. Great for small sites and one of the very few free hosts without ads.

If you're after a file manager, which you may not need if you're just uploading a few files, then Filezilla is a good free choice imo :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].