On the cusp

jazirent

Hello there.

I believe my current stats are half decent, but I want to train my skills to push my character forward into the 'high level' zone. The problem, however, is that I have no idea where to s tart. o.O

Really, no idea. Could you guys help me?

Thanks,

HalcyonStorm

HalcyonStorm.png

Oh, easy answer. Do quests. That's almost always the best way to develop your character. Keep doing quests until you can't do any more quests, and then raise the skills you need to raise until you can do the rest of them. Anyway, the xp rewards are the best way to level up at low levels, since they get progressively less useful at high levels anyway. So you can't go wrong with quests.

Oh, and you aren't farming enough. It's pretty much the best moneymaking skill. You should be doing herb runs regularly.

Oh, easy answer. Do quests. That's almost always the best way to develop your character. Keep doing quests until you can't do any more quests, and then raise the skills you need to raise until you can do the rest of them. Anyway, the xp rewards are the best way to level up at low levels, since they get progressively less useful at high levels anyway. So you can't go wrong with quests.

Oh, and you aren't farming enough. It's pretty much the best moneymaking skill. You should be doing herb runs regularly.

Ok. Thanks!

So should I train any skills up, or just do all the quests I can at the moment?

HalcyonStorm.png

Ok. Thanks!

So should I train any skills up, or just do all the quests I can at the moment?

Quest xp rewards get progressively less relevant as you level up (you train more slowly at low levels, so fixed xp rewards represent a greater time saving--prayer is the exception to this), so it's best to get through them at the low levels when they're most valuable. Most of the time you can do fine on a quest with the minimum requirements, with several exceptions (for example, Underground Pass wants high agility, Desert Treasure wants high thieving, and for most boss fights the higher your combat the better).

You should train farming, but only because you make ridiculous amounts of profit from herb runs, not because your level is too low.

Pi is right.

It's how I've been training my character... besides the urge to firemake.

Quest. Get stats to Quest. Repeat til satisfied.

Farming for cash, helps pay for skills like FM/Fletching etc...

I'd recommend getting your Agility up a bit. Really speeds things up (lolz).

Also, train Slayer... A lot. Good fun way to train melees, and you profit quite a bit.

Oh, and do some Runecrafting, again good money.

Basically, if you have a high income/cash pile... good things happen. ;)

I agree with this 100%. Quests aren't necessary for developing a high level character, but you'll be doing them eventually for the rewards anyway, so get them done now and reap the benefits when you're lower leveled.

TRIVIA: When I first came back to Runescape in 2006, I got 1-40 thieving and agility from quests alone. 8-)

I, too, think you should be farming all the time. You should also start working on achievement diaries, as you can make something like 100k profit a day from battlestaffs alone (ten seconds of work).

After you've done all that (it should take awhile), I would recommend that you start slaying and working on dungeoneering. Due to effigies (among other things), slaying is irrefutably the best way to level combat, but you have to do it right. I recommend reading Zarfot's Mega Slayer guide on the RSOF. If it's not there, read MstrMonopoly's slayer guide in the AOW, which has a lot of great information for budding slayers.

You should also be doing your weekly penguins and spending the points on prayer or herblore.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I second slayer as a good training method as added combat levels always help and it's decent cash becoming good cash once you get into the higher levels. I recommend edgeville or zanaris master for you.

Some quests you should do for rewards are:

Smoking kills - points reward for slayer tasks

Cold war - adds more penguins to the distraction and diversion

Eadgar's ruse - trollheim tele

Watchtower-watchtower tele

Fairy tale part 1 and 2 - magic secateurs and fairy rings, you don't need the farming and herblore requirements for part 2 to get fairy rings access

Fremminik trials/isle - some xp and access to fremminik areas

Throne of Miscellania/Royal trouble - access to a kingdom which will get resources for you at a low price

The grand tree/tree gnome village - acess to the gnome gliders and spirit trees

In search of the myreque/in aid of the myreque - shortcut to barrows and bank near it

King's ransom - piety/chivalry prayers

Recipe for disaster - better and better gloves the more you do

Start mournings end part 1 - acess to letya/letya teleport crystals

For quest experience amounts use this guide: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=quest_experience_guide.htm

Not sure which quests you've done so I just put in a few I thought would be useful, assumed you've done some though. I'd also advise you get 70 range for black dragonhide as it comes in handy often and hat you avoid construction and summoning untill you've got good equipment and money saved as they both cost a lot of money.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I second slayer as a good training method as added combat levels always help and it's decent cash becoming good cash once you get into the higher levels. I recommend edgeville or zanaris master for you.

Some quests you should do for rewards are:

Smoking kills - points reward for slayer tasks

Cold war - adds more penguins to the distraction and diversion

Eadgar's ruse - trollheim tele

Watchtower-watchtower tele

Fairy tale part 1 and 2 - magic secateurs and fairy rings, you don't need the farming and herblore requirements for part 2 to get fairy rings access

Fremminik trials/isle - some xp and access to fremminik areas

Throne of Miscellania/Royal trouble - access to a kingdom which will get resources for you at a low price

The grand tree/tree gnome village - acess to the gnome gliders and spirit trees

In search of the myreque/in aid of the myreque - shortcut to barrows and bank near it

King's ransom - piety/chivalry prayers

Recipe for disaster - better and better gloves the more you do

Start mournings end part 1 - acess to letya/letya teleport crystals

For quest experience amounts use this guide: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?page=quest_experience_guide.htm

Not sure which quests you've done so I just put in a few I thought would be useful, assumed you've done some though. I'd also advise you get 70 range for black dragonhide as it comes in handy often and hat you avoid construction and summoning untill you've got good equipment and money saved as they both cost a lot of money.

See, I used to do lists like this, until I realized it's a lot faster to just list the quests you shouldn't do. And then Rat Catchers was made into an achievement diary requirement and the Castle Wars catapult interface was made usable, so now I don't even need to do that. Just do every quest. :thumbsup:

- All quests: For all the extra rewards and the exp. Just put your quest list on filter and start with the first one you can do.

- Do penguins every week: free exp without training (put in prayer, herblore, summoning or another hard to train skill)

- If you really want high levels in all your skills, start with the ones that will help the others later on. (e.g. get high Agility before training Runecrafting)

For added money saved on prayer, make sure you have 75 prayer before you cash in the 3*150k xp reward at the end of Blood Runs Deep (you are only able to get the reward in stats at least level 75). 450k prayer xp is valued at around 10m at the moment. Likewise, make sure you have some fairly difficult stats (rc comes to mind) to 65 before the 4*100k xp reward from While Guthix Sleeps comes your way. Nomad's Requiem awards 70 zeal, but I recommend getting 30 more zeal as you get 10% bonus zeal when spending 100 points. After BRD, you should have at least 78 prayer, and 100 zeal would then give you some 270k prayer xp.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted