Dual Boot/Partition problem

snowman_b

I used to have linux on my computer and opted out because I never use it, I partitioned the section of my harddrive with linux on it. Unfortunately I am still left with the dual boot option when I start my computer. Very annoying. I have windows xp so I cannot use the fdisk \mbr command. Or even fixmbr in the xp repair program to get rid of it (don't have admin password). Can anyone help me with this problem?

Also, I now have this empty partition that I would like to merge back into my main partition. Once again any help/suggestions.

Also, I should mention it is on a laptop without an a:\ so using a dos bootdisk, or win98 isn't an option either.....

thanks!

You said:

I partitioned the section of my harddrive ... 

Redo that, *scratches head* Whats wrong with this picture?

sorry, I meant I formatted the partition that linux was on.

I was using the bootloader that came with linux. I believe it was Mandrake (boo).

get partition magic
Aye.

Get Partition Magic, format the partition linux was on to FAT32 or NTFS (whatever your main partition is) and just leave it as is if it's a considerable size. Otherwise you could try and merge it back to your Windows partition.

Alright, thx for the help with the partition problem, and I believe I already have partition magic so I will give it a try.

However, the thing I really wanted to fix was getting rid of the bootloader. I've searched around and I haven't really seen anything that could help me.

I do have a solution to get you into the recovery console , although it involves a third party app that helps you reset the admin password for windows xp

I will NOT post it here , and its not some sort of password cracker if thats what anybody is thinking , If you have a cd burner , you can do it with cd since you stated you do not have a floppy drive installed

You will have to pm me on this forum to get the link , and I will only give it to you so no other pms about it :P

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear