British gov't releases files of secret UFO study.

Orpheus

I see no solid evidence of the existence of alien spacecraft. However, it would be ridiculous to think we are the only intelligent life form in existence.

A friend of mine recently explained an interesting concept to me. According to some scientist who did the maths, aliens could not possibly visit our planet. I forget the details, but basically, the galaxy is too young for any civilization to have reached the point where it can travel large distances through space. Whichever star it is that's closest to us is too young to have supported life forms for long enough that they would build spaceships, and the rest are ridiculously far away.

Isn't it possible that possible other life forms are much smarter than us, so therefor developed more quickly?

Don't forget the Flying Spaghetti Monster or other fast-than-light-traveling demigods.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I see no solid evidence of the existence of alien spacecraft. However, it would be ridiculous to think we are the only intelligent life form in existence.

A friend of mine recently explained an interesting concept to me. According to some scientist who did the maths, aliens could not possibly visit our planet. I forget the details, but basically, the galaxy is too young for any civilization to have reached the point where it can travel large distances through space. Whichever star it is that's closest to us is too young to have supported life forms for long enough that they would build spaceships, and the rest are ridiculously far away.

Isn't it possible that possible other life forms are much smarter than us, so therefor developed more quickly?

Don't forget the Flying Spaghetti Monster or other fast-than-light-traveling demigods.

Yes, and be sure to consider the fact that Cthulhu's minions came from space.

Unfortunately, I did not actually read the book, so I cannot defend it. I assume the arguement was that it would take them a certain amount of time to develop that brainpower, and could not be smarter than us from the beginning.

Chances are there's a degree of evolutionary luck involved too. Might have just developed in just the 'right' way in just the right environment.

I'd think that any species that is capable of space travel like that wouldn't be able to find us. Of all the stars in the galaxy, we're around a pretty small one in what looks like an unremarkable area of the galaxy.

Lol, I didn't even notice this thread, and I've been totally devouring the x-files series. It wasn't nerdy at all, contrary to popular belief. (Popular belief = my town)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge