Max Hit Data

Grimy_Bunyip

is there a resource for max hit data anywhere?

I'm trying to perfect the max hit equation.

The Tip.it max hit calculator underestimates my max hit by about 10 LP and the rswiki equation overestimates it by about 10 LP

But I can only get so far with data I collect myself

Naaxi.png

If tip.it gets it wrong submit the mistake to them. Help them perfect it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tip.it lives off submissions.

Sure they won;t go heres our formula let the world copy it after we put months into calculating it; but they will welcome a submission of an incorrect result.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tip.it lives off submissions.

Sure they won;t go heres our formula let the world copy it after we put months into calculating it; but they will welcome a submission of an incorrect result.

I don't blame em for keeping it a secret, but if they're going to do that, they're going to have to suck it up and deal with their research on their own.

I'm not helping out any organization that won't help me out in return.

Getting data is a pain in the rear enough doing it as a single person.

Naaxi.png

They do help you out in return with all their accurate website content.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They do help you out in return with all their accurate website content.

then let the people who use their website content help tip.it out

because I haven't used any of their website content aside from forums in half a decade.

Naaxi.png

I'm sorry but if you haven't used any of the sites content how can you say

The Tip.it max hit calculator underestimates my max hit by about 10 LP

Well, you do have a point there. I guess i did use the website content at least once during the last 5 years.

I guess I'm obligated to show ALL my data to the tif research community.

OH WAIT all my data is already public.

Even that data I mentioned about the TIF max hit calculator being 10 LP too high or low, yeah that's available for public viewing in my "data log" spreadsheet, u know, the one where I keep all my data and publish it for the whole world to see? Granted the data isn't very organized, but oh well.

Even the very code I use to write my spreadsheets, I posted for the public to see on my spreadsheet thread.

The only data I don't publish, is data I saved on old files, on an old laptop, which I no longer own, and did not have the foresight to back up.

I've yet to turn down any requests for data or code since I published my spreadsheets.

My point remains. I'm not giving free data to a research community that is already stingy with their data.

Don't get me wrong, I'd help out practically any budding researcher. Because, there is at least a small chance of building a mutually beneficial relationship.

But I have no such relationship with the TIF research community.

If you want my help, it's available, dig it out of my spreadsheets in your own time. Because it's there, go ahead, take it.

I'm not going out of my way to do it though.

Naaxi.png

So basically because the website is unwilling to post alllllllllll its research data publically after spending years gathering it and working to get the formula perfect sooner than other fansites you think they are stingy?

Get real, thats how the world works.

I mean you don't see microsoft, apple, htc etc. etc. etc. posting all their research data publically. In a competitive market you don;t hand you hard earned data to the opposition on a platter.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

What are you people talking about? Our formula is public, it's right there if you hit right-click > view source. It used to be hidden, years back, but when we switched to a newer, more accurate formula deduced by a number of people on the RSOF, the entire thing was made public on our end as well. I'm not sure if we're still using this formula nowadays (there's this comment saying NEW MAX HIT FORMULA which seems to indicate otherwise), but it's still public, so here you go:

max_hit += ((13+(cumulative_str)+(str_bonus/8)+((cumulative_str*str_bonus)/64))*dmg_mult);
if(max_hit < 1.5){max_hit = 1;}
else{max_hit = Math.floor(max_hit);}

I realise this is not that useful by itself, so feel free to read through the page's source. For reference, 'str_bonus' is the amount of +strength from your gear, 'cumulative_str' are things like prayer boosts, potion boosts and equipment % boosts like Salve Amulet, and 'dmg_mult' includes things such as the +10% damage from void knight set.

What are you people talking about? Our formula is public, it's right there if you hit right-click > view source. It used to be hidden, years back, but when we switched to a newer, more accurate formula deduced by a number of people on the RSOF, the entire thing was made public on our end as well. I'm not sure if we're still using this formula nowadays (there's this comment saying NEW MAX HIT FORMULA which seems to indicate otherwise), but it's still public, so here you go:

max_hit += ((13+(cumulative_str)+(str_bonus/8)+((cumulative_str*str_bonus)/64))*dmg_mult);
if(max_hit < 1.5){max_hit = 1;}
else{max_hit = Math.floor(max_hit);}

I realise this is not that useful by itself, so feel free to read through the page's code. For reference, 'str_bonus' is the amount of +strength from your gear, 'cumulative_str' are things like prayer boosts, potion boosts and equipment % boosts like Salve Amulet, and 'dmg_mult' includes things such as the +10% damage from void knight set.

I'm not looking for the equation.

I'm looking for the data on which the equation was based on.

So basically because the website is unwilling to post alllllllllll its research data publically after spending years gathering it and working to get the formula perfect sooner than other fansites you think they are stingy?

Get real, thats how the world works.

I mean you don't see microsoft, apple, htc etc. etc. etc. posting all their research data publically. In a competitive market you don;t hand you hard earned data to the opposition on a platter.

I know that's how it works.

But you're telling me I should go out of my way to submit a report.

My response is: No.

Ultimately I'm not asking for tif's data. I'm just scrounging for what data I can find. If that means no data, then fine.

Naaxi.png

I see. I don't believe we have any such data, though.

I recall clearly, a post, made by the TIF community, requesting melee and ranged max hit data on the TIP forums several years ago.

I doubt the data is still around, even if it were, it would be before the life points update and would be reasonably useless.

Either way I'm not requesting any of TIF's data in particular. I don't think you guys have what I'm looking for anyways.

I'm just offended that paw claw expects me to go out of my way to submit error reports.

I've also been offended by how the tif research community has treated me, and other independent researchers.

But that's not really relevant to this thread. Sorry for bringing it up.

Naaxi.png

Locking this due to getting off-topic.

Feel free to create a new thread, if you want, hoping it won't get off-topic.

As for our max hit calculator, this is the little history I've heared about it:

The very first was made by Silverion himself who collected the data himself and "perfected" it with information from the staff. That's many, many years ago (RSC) together with the combat calc, I think. The current one is mainly based on user input.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]