The scripted Hegemony

The_Mather1

The year is 2012...

After spending the last years researching ways to reverse global warming, scientists were put in a rush to put it on hold:

The only viable option was to ban fossile fuels once and for all... and so the worlds gouvernements proceeded. One by one the worlds coal plants were shut down, abandoned and finally; demolished. But as this increased the world's dependancy on nuclear power and the threat of global warming was still closing in they realised it, it was not enough... All fission nuclear technology was discontinued and stored away in a place unknown to any political power, waiting for return if, or rather when, needed. Fossile fuels were also discontinued and banned in private operations and households as electric and hydro-electric cars began flooding the market. Gas stations were replaced by charging stations with electric outlets and hydro-electrolycis units.

This managed to put the warming on hold but an unforseen event took place; world wide riots began. As the civilians were forced to give up on their gasoline driven cars in exchange for the much more expensive electric, hydrogen and bio-diesel versions and were forced to pay more for the electricity, the world was sent into turmoil. Political boundaries changed, boarders moved, alliances formed, ended and merged. As the world calmed there were 19 nations left, each with an equal part of the world's inhabitants and it's economy:

-Arabia

-Baltia

-Brazil

-Brittania

-Canada

-China

-The Holy Roman Empire

-India

-Japan

-Mexico

-North Africa

-Oceania

-Persia

-Russia

-Saxony

-Scandinavia

-South Africa

-The Unitied States of America

-West Africa

The leaders of these new (or in some cases old) nations were told to bring the world into the future, out of the still existing threat of global warming, and hopefully... into space.

Rules:

1. The mod decides - his word is law, it may be disputed but unless changed it is final.

2. No fossile fules - any use of such will result in the nation being put into a riot which will overturn the gouvernement and leave it open for any new players to take.

3. No nuclear fission... yet - ^ditto.

4. This game is for fun - any actions that ruin the fun for another player are prohibited with three offences equaling ban (this may vary with the offences), please do report any such offences against you to the moderator.

5. Keep it clean - no trolling, spamming, flaming or personal attacks, rants are apreciated but keep it in PM please.

6. Discussions are ok - but please refrain from breaking rule 5, a discussion thread might be created.

7. Research is fun - research anything you want, but do keep it to a feasible level as for example photon torpedoes are just impossibillity with a fancy name.

8. Sugguestions are appreciated - I will attempt to add any sugguestion to this game, but as a heads up this is actually mostly script based and I might ask you to script it yourself if you want it.

9. The scripts are faultless - any error you might find in any calculation is one that exists in your math as the scripts operate on a simple level with standard math and purely external variables.

10. Have fun - this is the point of the game and what you are supposed to, time passes at a rate of 7 = 3652.25 (one decade each week).

[spoiler= Description of the various variables and scripts I use]

Population calculation - Each nation has its own script to calculate population each decade it uses these values:

-Population (previous decade's population, changed at the end of the script)

-Growthrate (how much the poupulation grows by each decade, in the shape of 1.**)

Economic calculus - How much cash each nation gets:

-Population

-Economical value (a value you might affect by focusing on trade and resources)

-500 (not actually a variable but an internal constant that is the standard amount of cash each person gains you)

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

-As a note I currently have not managed to create any combat engine, so unless I get either some help or inspiration then war will be disalowed.

WHAT?!

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

HEATHEN!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

... rock paper sciccors system?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

their own triangles? ... hmm.. how about a basic triangle, infantry based.. yu have to research to fill out the triangle, then more research to make a new one (theoretically, ofc) and fill THAt out.. so on and so forth.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Or you could just moderate it normally.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

hm? just a few, actually. first triangle gets owned by the others, second triangle owns the first, but gets owned by the third, and third owns everything except for specialty stuff. infantry, special units, and mechanized things would be the triangles...

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Then just use your head. Create modifiers between units and modifiers based on terrain and weather. Then play out the battle mentally, and do small calculations accordingly. Since it's streamlined, it's much faster. Scripting leads to irrational results, especially when you are not a military genius.

Let Napoleonic Hegemony finish first. Then I was hoping to give one of my versions of Hegemony a try, and seeing as we can't actually fight in this game, I doubt it's gonna go to well.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Let Napoleonic Hegemony finish first

I feel this won't work, a game like this needs to be a lot looser and creative; this is more like multiplayer civ but it isn't as good so it looses appeal.

[Falador tavern]

This game is loose, only thing is that I've scripted random events and economy to make updates easier. Other than that you can do anything that is anyhow possible. Also every once in a while I'll give three options that need funding, you can fund all, but if one or more does not reach enough cash before end of the decade it will be put on hold, the three will usually do similiar things.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I think there are two problems:

1 No one wants to play a game where combat is disallowed

2 No one wants to play a game where the gameplay is scripted to such a high degree that you can't be creative without tedium.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

To my mind, this game would be kinda like playing chess, with the rules changed everytime a move was made.

Same as Retech's Hegemony, each time you used a weapon or tech it changed in its ability by such a wide measure the game was impossible to play.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

No, I'm going to give each weapon it's own value which it will keep and which I'll use when computing combat.

The rules would stick (with the exception of fossile fuel and fission ban when on other planets) the goals would change.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• 3 weeks later...