Sonic's F2P Dungeoneering Guide

Youmu

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I should've made a spear? I made a 2h. -.- I'll give those clans a try. Thanks for helping me out. This should be an interesting two weeks. ;)

2h isn't bad either, much higher crush and slash than spear. But it lacks stab, which is actually useful in f2p dung (you'll be larging furnished floors mostly).

Binding range/mage stuff is also useful, cuz as you may suspect, you can't make those in f2p. That's why my suggested bind order is spear + longbow + arrows.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Thanks to the magical blastbox available in the dungeons, I'm going to rework my bind orders a bit.

Finally makes maging worthwhile here! :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Changed the weapon binding section to make it less cluttered, and given a smaller but better selection of choice.

Also added a blurb for the magical blastbox.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I think you should put in two things for the blastbox: Drop rate (supposedly very low?) and who it drops for (Forgotten Mages I think?).

And I've also been hearing reports of people having trouble equipping the blastbox in proper fashion to the point where they lose some things... :blink:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I think you should put in two things for the blastbox: Drop rate (supposedly very low?) and who it drops for (Forgotten Mages I think?).

And I've also been hearing reports of people having trouble equipping the blastbox in proper fashion to the point where they lose some things... :blink:

I know forgotten mages drop them, and the droprate is pretty low too. Thanks for the input though!

As a side note, all binding issues related to the blastbox/surgebox are officially fixed now. It only takes up ammo slot now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I know forgotten mages drop them, and the droprate is pretty low too. Thanks for the input though!

As a side note, all binding issues related to the blastbox/surgebox are officially fixed now. It only takes up ammo slot now.

So you can now have a frac 2h+fire staff+blastbox?

Your blastbox info is lacking. First of all, you can use a staff to charge it, so there's no reason whatsoever to use wind blasts, unless you don't have the levels for it. Secondly, you should mention that although it's bound in the ammo slot, it's treated as an item. Therefore, you can increase the charges within the box, so you don't need to get 125 deaths to fully charge it. You can run through c1 dungeons with a fire staff bound and fully charge it.

On its rarity: I don't think the blastbox has been out long enough for its rarity to be determined, but I did get it on my very first dungeon after the update. On a side note, I had a messed up dungeon that time. A ranger, me, a mage, a rather low-leveled meleer, a leecher meleer, and a guy who sunnily announced he needed to leave halfway through. For no apparent reason - no raging, no complaining, nothing.

Turns out we get a level 167 sagittarius. Since when have a 110, a 65, a 55, and a 50 been able to kill a 167? I do believe we had actually fished out every single spot too.

Result was a 1.2k med with 14 deaths. And sadly enough, I did a good deal of the damage, getting the David title...

Now... I need some advice. I like to mage, having 61 mage. I do either c1 dungeons (for me, 1-10) 5:3/4 smalls (for me, 11-20) and 5:5 meds (20+). I have level 50 dungeoneering, and I don't do larges since I usually only have about an hour or so of free time every day.

I currently have a fire staff and a fractite spear bound. I'm definitely keeping the fire staff, since I alch, and it makes refilling the blastbox really easy; with level 52ish rc I make a lot of airs, and all I add in are deaths from drops or the table to supplement what I have bound.

My question is whether I should keep my fractite spear, or switch it out for:

• A bryll robe - bryll can be hard to come across in some dungeons.
  • A catalytic - I'm leaning away from this; although I love to mage it seems like a waste of space. I wouldn't consider this at all without the blastbox.
  • Something else?

Yeah, I don't actually own a blastbox since I mostly melee/range dungeons. Also I mentioned wind blast with a catalytic staff, because face it, you won't be rcing for the first couple of rooms. It's later when you do find lots of money for rune essence do you craft fire runes. But still, having a fire staff negates the need to do so.

I'm still pretty sure that you need to get your own deaths/airs to charge the blastbox, but only for the first time. After that, you get 125 charges each dungeon.

By the way, definitely keep your fractite spear (along with fire staff/blastbox). Melee is pretty much THE way to go with most monsters. Using bind slots on armor is a waste - they really don't help you much at all, trust me. You're better off binding another combat style with you, since it's difficult to have different combat styles in f2p.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yeah, I don't actually own a blastbox since I mostly melee/range dungeons. Also I mentioned wind blast with a catalytic staff, because face it, you won't be rcing for the first couple of rooms. It's later when you do find lots of money for rune essence do you craft fire runes. But still, having a fire staff negates the need to do so.

I'm still pretty sure that you need to get your own deaths/airs to charge the blastbox, but only for the first time. After that, you get 125 charges each dungeon.

By the way, definitely keep your fractite spear (along with fire staff/blastbox). Melee is pretty much THE way to go with most monsters. Using bind slots on armor is a waste - they really don't help you much at all, trust me. You're better off binding another combat style with you, since it's difficult to have different combat styles in f2p.

I'm still a bit confused. You do understand that you can store fire blasts inside a blastbox? For example, once I have 125 fire blasts charged, I can ditch the fire staff and start with fire blasts with a catalytic.

Furthermore, although you do have to get your own deaths/airs, my point is you can do complexity 1 dungeons, which supply runes. Just start one, charge it, leave. Rinse and repeat until you have more than 125 blasts, then you'll have a fully charged box. My point is that once you bind your box, you can add charges to it. With normal binds, you're screwed if you only bind 100 ammo - you can't add to the stack. (I think...? I've never tried... although it's not automatically done...) With a blastbox, you can add to the number of charges inside the box over and over, with a maximum of 125.

EDIT: Ah, I think I know what got you confused now. The dungeoneering blastbox is not identical to the reward blastbox, it can store fire runes, and can be charged with a staff (ie you can store fire blasts by having air runes, death runes, and a fire staff.)

Yeah if you have an ammo stack lower than 125, you can add to the bind pile of yours.

About the magical blastbox, it can store fire runes too? Ok, I'll add that in, thanks!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Oh, why didn't I just try adding to my bind... you might want to add that into your guide, that you can add to binds.

Now that I've been proven wrong, I'm not sure about my other claim that you can store fires. Lemme go check...

Oh ffs I'm an idiot. You can't, I forgot about my fire staff.

Never trust me again!!!

On another note, the rs wiki says something about extra hits with the blastbox. Can someone else confirm this, I don't trust myself to do it.

Currently doing the floor themes/monsters section. If you guys know monster levels that I have not yet seen, please tell me! I appreciate the help :)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yep Infernuus, the blastbox/surgebox do NOT grant you an extra 25% hit every 5 hits. Also thanks koekjestrommel! :D

Finished the monster section. If there are any errors within it (levels, weaknesses), please let me know ASAP.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Thanks 522 :) odd that you would create this acc just for the sake of posting on my guide, lol.

Updates for other sections will come soon. I'm kind of busy these days so I don't really have any time to revise more of my guide. Plus for miscellaneous tips & tricks I haven't actually thought up of much stuff for that #-o

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Currently revamping the leveling guide.

Also is the lores section really allowed here? After seeing what happened to Rswiki I don't really know if it should be there or not...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

One tiny suggestion, in the intro section, you mention the number of people with 99/120/200m xp; I would either date it "at MM/DD/YY" , omit that data, or keep updating it every month or so. I would go with the first option.