Sonic's F2P Dungeoneering Guide

Youmu

One tiny suggestion, in the intro section, you mention the number of people with 99/120/200m xp; I would either date it "at MM/DD/YY" , omit that data, or keep updating it every month or so. I would go with the first option.

I tend to ignore that kind of thing until the guide is finished since it is so trivial, but thanks for mentioning this!

I'll update it later.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BOTTOM HALF OF MY GUIDE GOT DESTROYED, ARRRRRGH!!!

This is gonna be WIP for an extremely long time, sorry guys :\

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

[404] Signature not found.

Thank you so much BiJay, you're my savior :D

Damn didn't know that existed.

Everything is back on the guide now. I shall add bold/underline tags later if I have time.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

wow very helpful guide especially the rewards section cant wait to see the updates 10/10 so far :)

Haha thanks :) I might change that section a bit though, I only know the usefulness of the coal bag and the scroll of efficiency.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Low level monsters are often useful in blocking other more damaging ones.

It only works on melee monsters, but otherwise it's a nice tip.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up: armor in dg do not soak any damage, so no strategies will be changed.

I WILL update this guide some time, just that crew and irl stuff is putting me in a hell hole :\

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Added Group Challenges in the challenge rooms section. (Yay me for using tipit pics.)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Your guide has really grown into its own, and I commend you for it. Its certainly more complete than many others.

However, I see some redundancies, and navigating it can be tiresome at best. Perhaps a total reorganization is in order?

Your guide has really grown into its own, and I commend you for it. Its certainly more complete than many others.

However, I see some redundancies, and navigating it can be tiresome at best. Perhaps a total reorganization is in order?

May I ask how are the sections redundant? Is it because of the order of how my guide is written?

I pretty much go from general to specific with guides like these so yea...

If you want me to change the order of the sections for better flow of the guide, I'll do it.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Well, it feels sort of clunky. As a specific example, 3.7 and 7.1 are near copies of each other.

I'm eventually going to put every puzzle in section 7, so meh. Also section 3 is meant to be as a brief overview, so that's why I put it there. Strategies are only given in the specific sections.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 3 months later...

All right. Recent updates have made a ton of pretty major changes in dungeoneering. Here are some of them. I might not have them all though. It's simply a reference for what I need to add to the guide later on.

- Due to the "prestige check off same theme" update, doing a lower floor on a higher floor results in more xp than simply doing a lower floor. For example, for frozen floors, it is better xp to do f11 first, then do f1-10 via f11 to get slightly more prestige xp than you otherwise should have.

- Mercenary rooms are now significantly easier and are no longer a threat.

- The speed of fishing, mining, and woodcutting has been significantly sped up. Out of these in particular, fishing in complexity 2 dungeons may prove to be one of, if not the best methods to train fishing once short-finned eels are unlocked.

- Gluttonous Behemoth no longer heals infinitely, making it possible to solo in a team situation.

- The pillars in Night-gazer Khighorahk lasts longer lit in a solo situation.

- The room with ten statues where you place stone weapons now has a reduced number of statues depending on the number of people the dungeon was designed for.

I'll add these in when I feel like it, basically. :s

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Whats better to get the magical blastbox or the tome of frost?

Depends on what you do really.

If you're a hardcore magic PvPer, definitely go with the blastbox. If you're just a regular training dude or simply skilling, tome of frost is the better choice.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Lambug: From experience, I don't get that much member doors in meds/larges, it all has to do with your luck. That being said, they are still superior to small rushes, provided you rush larges often enough too.

Updated some parts of my guide, mainly added titles for dungeoneering and a bit more in the rewards section.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Removed a few sections which I deemed unnecessary.

I will keep working on Challenge Rooms, Resource Dungeons, and add on to any other tips and tricks that I can recall.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

The guide really came out good Sonic. :thumbsup:

My only suggestion would be to gather tips for soloing in one place. I realize that the best xp comes from teams, but it's pretty hard to find people to DG with when you're first starting out, so soloing can be the only option for a long time. Stuff like playing the highest floor of each type many times (ie: playing f11 frozen 11 times instead of 1-11 once each). It's buried in the middle of the explanation of the experience screen and I almost missed it.

Still a great guide though. I'll definitely be using it while I train.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The guide really came out good Sonic. :thumbsup:

My only suggestion would be to gather tips for soloing in one place. I realize that the best xp comes from teams, but it's pretty hard to find people to DG with when you're first starting out, so soloing can be the only option for a long time. Stuff like playing the highest floor of each type many times (ie: playing f11 frozen 11 times instead of 1-11 once each). It's buried in the middle of the explanation of the experience screen and I almost missed it.

Still a great guide though. I'll definitely be using it while I train.

The thing is, however, the main strategy for soloing (keying/fighting in particular) remains more or less the same. Will you key any different in a solo besides the lack of teammates? Will monster weaknesses be any different? Stuff like that.

Speaking about the playing highest floor of each type many times, I plan to cover that more in the miscellaneous tips and tricks section, haha :P of course you don't have to do this if you're lazy, but doing so gives slightly more prestige xp at the expense of harder monsters/bosses.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 1 month later...