Post your stuff

AThousandLies

This is a thread to post links to all the movies, audio files and similar media-arts that you have created, for school, leisure or whatever.

I play guitar but I find it difficult to record on Audacity with my mike next to the amp, so I recorded a song I composed (which is not yet complete) on the almighty program PowerTab which I advise all guitar players (or players of any guitar-related instrument; bass, sitar, banjo and so on) to check out. Great for composing your own stuff and learning, too.

This is a song I've done called The Pyre. It's not yet complete but I'm about halfway through. I couldn't manage to erase the white noise, but it's not present throughout the entire recording.

There's a chance it won't work in Windows Media Player due to a en/decoding problem.

Copy and paste the link into your browser window, as the site doesn't recognise a URL including brackets.

.com/A-Thousand-Lies/ThePyre(incomplete]http://h1.[forbidden site].com/A-Thousand-Lies/ThePyre(incomplete).mp3

I play guitar but I find it difficult to record on Audacity with my mike next to the amp

I can vouch for that. I use Audacity when I'm making my (God forsaken) RuneScape songs and one word sticks out a lot: clipping.

It's good if you play/sing over pre-recorded stuff, which is what I do, it gets that job done. But when combining two things at once it can be pretty poor.

That's just my advice about the program :)

• 3 weeks later...

I play guitar but I find it difficult to record on Audacity with my mike next to the amp

I hate to be a bumper of bad juju, but how far do you have it from the amp? I keep it around a half foot to a full foot away depending on what I'm playing. (i.e. If I'm trying to make it sound more acoustic it gets set closer)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I hate to be a bumper of bad juju, but how far do you have it from the amp? I keep it around a half foot to a full foot away depending on what I'm playing. (i.e. If I'm trying to make it sound more acoustic it gets set closer)

if u have the bass set high lower it..

Bass makes it so the thing inside the amp vibrates the air harder/more

with it off you get a cleaner less distored sound..

if u have the bass set high lower it..

Bass makes it so the thing inside the amp vibrates the air harder/more

with it off you get a cleaner less distored sound..

It's only at +1, I was talking about the Gain

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

for some reason I can't post a direct link?

its

free

webs

.com/superpolack/concoctionmovie.wmv

type it all in the browser

little mix of some of the older vandalism stuff.....they call me poopingman for a reason :lol: should be a potato launcher clip in there too, sadly its all in a horrible .mov resolution that is almost illegible. This is about 5 years old

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

]http://www.evilmerc.com/uploads/megamix[extension not allowed]

Made about 5 years ago on eJay lol.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12