26th skill, level cap of 120 or 99?

ibxtoycat

Well i always look for an efficient way to train my skills... ill max out next year and my stats are in my sig.

I have over 6500 hours played.

Casual players CANNOT max out in any normal amount of time. Maxing out in runescape is only for hardcore players.

You are not even aloud to comment unless you have 99 in Runecrafting, farming, and slayer.

Any moron can get 99s in combat stats, cooking, fletching etc.

I just so happen to have 99 slayer, so I guess I'm worthy of commenting. A casual player who plays EFFICIENTLY and only plays three hours a day could definitely max out in a few years. I'm talking HARDCORE efficiency. No dawdling in banks or playing useless minigames and such. This is especially true with the advent of effigies, which could put you very close to 99 runecrafting on your way to 99 slayer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at some point all skills will slowly be given a 120 cap. Cooking might be the first old skill moved to the 120 cap.

Hasn't Jagex said they're not gonna do that? I'd say it will be back down to 99.

Yeah, just like they said dragon platebody and dragon full helm would never come out.

No, that would be terrible. It would be ridiculously unbalancing to the game. Sara brews healing 180 per dose? Unicorns healing 180 per scroll? That's pretty busted for PvM.

Besides, why would the base HP level cap need to be increased when we already have the ability to wear equipment that boosts our max LP? It'd be kinda redundant to raise the level cap to 120 on top of what we can do already.

I think the amount of exp required for 120 Constitution balances out the advantages.

How? It doesn't change any of the things I said.

Unless you're saying that nobody will get it, in which case there's not much point in raising the cap, is there?

I lost this thread and its gone slightly wild, but:

first skill to be 120'd:

Probably firemaking, with a massive revamp. Maybe the pyromancy idea will be used

or excluding revamps, probably HP or slayer, funnily enough. Maybe Prayer if jagex hate you that much

i dont see the point in jagex not having 120 in all skills, even if there was nothing between 99 and 120, it still just basically tells you to stop playing

Sure, i would be pissed of about my 99'ing becoming worthless but i would enjoy the journey to 120 (or not so much)

I honestly have no idea. I mean, I think it would just be ridiculous if Jagex made even more skills with 120, so I'd think the next one would just be 99. But then that makes me wonder: why'd they make Dungeoneering go to lvl 120? I thought it might've been because it would've been the final skill they were going to make, but that can't be right. It would also look strange for one skill to be 120, and then suddenly all the rest to stop at 99.

Unless it's as unique and works similar to Dungeoneering, I'm going to say no.

The reason is that, in order for a player to unlock all the Dungeoneering rewards (both currently available and soon-to-be-released) you would need FAR more xp than 99. Thus, the level cap has been risen to 120 in order to give those players who work toward all rewards a little more "prestige" (pun not intended).

Well, I guess that clears things up for me then. :P Then I would definitely assume that all other skills Jagex creates, if any, will only go to level 99. Unless, like Dungeoneering, they have a large number of achievements to meet.

-B