Hegemony: 1970

Wisp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1970_United_States_Census

Though if the civil war that blew up the world's governments has raged for any length of time, these would be mildly inaccurate...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Everyone starts off now with a 20m treasury. Let the game begin:

Starting events:

Pacific States (Federated States):

Identity Crisis:

Some citizens are a bit annoyed by the recent name change, feeling it goes against what they fought for.

Options:

A: Ignore them

B: Change the name back

C: Bribe the Leaders (cost: 1m)

D: Other

Greater Texas:

Black Gold:

Word has spread of an untapped oil source just of Texas's coast.

Options:

A: Fund the creation of an Oil Rig (+1% Production) 2m

B: Fund the search of more oil (No immediate effect) 1m

C: Ignore.

You may pick both options A and B

Central American States:

The War on Drugs:

A major drug distributor in your region was recently busted, leaving you in the possession of hundred of thousands of dollars worth of illegal drugs.

A: Dispose of the drugs in a reasonable manner

B: Change Drug Laws, and sell them for a profit (+1.5m, but has the down/upside of legalizing drugs, could cause or prevent riots)

C: Do Nothing (Drugs remain in custody)

Great Lakes:

The Big Three:

The big three automakers have been doing poorly lately, due to lack of sales to other regions.

Options:

A: Allow and encourage trade to other regions

B: Let them suffer

C: Other

Normally not everyone will get an event, but this is just to get us started.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Sure, I'll start you off with an event:

Greater Vermont:

The Great Train System

Politicians have suggested creating a system of very fast trains across your territory.

Options:

A: Fund it (takes 15 years to complete, allows for much faster troop travel within your territory. Could cause of prevent revolts depending on dice rolls) 5m, can be paid over time.

B: Suggest an improved highway system (10 years to complete, somewhat faster troop travel) 2.5m

C: Do Nothing.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Option C

They will begin market research and auto research into a car that everyone seems to "want", it will be a luxury car and designed for comfort and long drives. (I imagine the immediate effect is some sort of budget minus, but when the car is released it should be boosted?) both researches are funded by our government with a budget of a million each, and should only take a half a year, while desigining the car from the research should take a few months, the rest is production. So a year or two waiting for a good car.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Icu, the issue is closer to that everyone in your region almost already has a car, and doesn't need a new one, whereas the rest of the country doesn't have that luxury. Designing a new great car could help, but not too a great extent.

And you have to at least PM your armies to me. If you pay 15% of your army cost extra, you have an 85% chance of keeping the specifics secret, if someone tries to spy on you.

Oh, a word on spying. In order to fund a spy plane to go over a region, it costs 500k.

If someone paid the 15%, and rolled to have the specifics secret, the person spying would only get info like:

They have an army ranging anywhere from 2000-5000 though specifics are not know (example)

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Central American States:

The War on Drugs:

A major drug distributor in your region was recently busted, leaving you in the possession of hundred of thousands of dollars worth of illegal drugs.

A: Dispose of the drugs in a reasonable manner

B: Change Drug Laws, and sell them for a profit (+1.5m, but has the down/upside of legalizing drugs, could cause or prevent riots)

C: Do Nothing (Drugs remain in custody)

D: Other - Use them for research in trying to manufacture a drug that makes soldiers perform better in combat.

That'll reduce the cost of research to you for drug enhancements to 750k/reset instead of 1m, atleast for a while, with the first one being free.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Oh, can I redo it then?

Option A

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?