Question About Dungeoneering

Maze

Is there any significant disadvantage to not training Dungeoneering?

I don't really like training the skill, and I've heard there's benefits to it, but I don't want to force myself to train it just for those benefits.

Well not having bonecrusher, herbicide, anti-poison totem chaotic weapons etc all put you at a disadvantage comapred to those who train it.

Though it doesn't have any huge links to quests, other skills etc yet it will at some point. It is always players undoing they ignore a skill they deem not useful to them and then at some point it is required for something and they have tons of training to do on it. It always worthwhile to peck away at all your skills, then when a requirement does come up you aren't so far away from it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well not having bonecrusher, herbicide, anti-poison totem

I don't know if I'd choose those as examples since they're actually some of the more lackluster/overpriced rewards. :???:

But yeah, you'd be missing out on the scroll of life, chaotic weapons, arcane stream necklace/tome of frost, and some other things.

You should still at least do Tears of Guthix to raise your level so that you can access resource dungeons. It'll also save you some training when the dungeoneering quests start coming out.

By all accounts I've heard that have a logical and reasoned argument bone crusher and herbicide are very useful. As is anti-poison totem in some situations.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

By all accounts I've heard that have a logical and reasoned argument bone crusher and herbicide are very useful. As is anti-poison totem in some situations.

They are all very useful, but nowhere near as good as chaotic, scroll of life, and arcane stream. Chaotic weapons vastly improve profit much more than herbicide or bonecrusher can save. A scroll of life can get you the money for as much pray xp in 1 farm run as in an entire slayer task of fire giants with a bone crusher. Anti-poison is nice, but super antipoisons are cheap.

Anyway, there's a large disadvantage to the high-level player if they don't train dungeoneering past 80 (You miss out on chaotic and frost dragons, mostly).

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3