Recent Photos Thread

Da_Latios

I've noticed that a lot of people in The Gallery have been posting threads about photos lately. A lot of these are just snapshots, or just "updates" to people's photography endeavours.

So, I thought I'd take on a norm on /p/ and start a recent photos thread. This thread is a place to post pictures which you otherwise would not have created a whole new thread for. That is, snapshots and stuff.

I guess I'll start.

[hide=Photos!]img4398d.jpg

I hope the bokeh works as leading lines.

img4323g.jpg

img4282p.jpg

A little soft. Damn people moving back after I focus.

img4386v.jpg

At a playground. Turned my flash upwards and a little fill light + white balance in post and it looks alright.[/hide]

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Clouds in the first one look really strange tripsis, did you use some type of HDR to get that effect?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Clouds in the first one look really strange tripsis, did you use some type of HDR to get that effect?

No - it's all natural :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Cool shots Tripis. Where about did you take the first two?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I've noticed that a lot of people in The Gallery have been posting threads about photos lately. A lot of these are just snapshots, or just "updates" to people's photography endeavours.

So, I thought I'd take on a norm on /p/ and start a recent photos thread. This thread is a place to post pictures which you otherwise would not have created a whole new thread for. That is, snapshots and stuff.

I guess I'll start.

img4323g.jpg

img4282p.jpg

img4386v.jpg

At a playground. Turned my flash upwards and a little fill light + white balance in post and it looks alright.[/hide]

Not trying to be offensive but what lenses are you using. The quality seems OK, but not great, and it seems a bit strange for you to have a 5d mk II.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll start.

img4323g.jpg

img4282p.jpg

img4386v.jpg

Not trying to be offensive but what lenses are you using. The quality seems OK, but not great, and it seems a bit strange for you to have a 5d mk II.

The first three you linked to are with the 50mm 1.8. It's a $100 lens so epic quality is not expected. The last image you linked to was with a 24-105mm f/4 L.

Yes, in retrospect it was probably overkill to buy a 5D2, but the thing is godly and the videos I've made with it have presented me with so many career opportunities that it's certainly paid off.

Moar contribution:

I was A/V manager at a massive annual religious camp - close to 10,000 people. Anyway, I was supposed to be an event photographer but got caught up with so much video work that I only managed to take a few snaps, which I've posted here. I'll also post the 25min+ video I directed during the week later when I fix it up.

[hide]

Z7m27.jpg

I3UGj.jpg

ayjRC.jpg

TH7e1.jpg

C6CSv.jpg

cs4G7.jpg

jJXXR.jpg

ZXzih.jpg

rNkHK.jpg

6tCdo.jpg

PKJ4f.jpg